The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StSciurus's Showcase • Update 4/9/19 The Claverhouse

Comments

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you so much, @fidlerten ! It is the perfect dwelling for a hobbit! :wink:
    So I've been designing a modern Newcrest (since I seem to prefer modern buildings!) with some new and old builds. I've started with the neighborhood in the upper left of the Newcrest map.
    IYroDAF.png

It features my Penthouse Apartment building, my new Glass Box restaurant, my Dancing Rabbit Spa, and my Newcrest Memorial Library. There is still one lot left to fill, which will be either a retail store of some kind or a nightclub/bar.

In the next neighborhood, the one on the right side of the map, I've just begun to build. I've already placed my Orange Contempo house. And I have just finished a house for the 40 x 20 lot which is based on this design from an Australian home building website:
    f41c28e55ce6c3d21173bce222a4dcbf.jpg

I call the house Palazzo Moderno:
    5TMdiXV.png
    wVmfJdB.png
    hDPpt3a.png
    F5oRE3F.png
    YXvZx0C.png
    FTawfSz.png
    UQCWZBa.png
    HG1OH6b.png
    hixYpZV.png
    w0WrPHX.png
    QjPbxoF.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    Palazzo Modern is very nice! :) It reflects the inspiration real life home very well! Very nice exterior of the home! The white and black colour of the exterior looks very nice. The diagonal row of plants on the exterior wall looks very nice! The car port nook is great! It looks nice the way the hedging pieces border the carport and the front pathway. The backyard and back patio areas look very nice! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. It is nice that there is a separated off outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the table in the sunshine. The glass half walls look nice there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The bar nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and listening to the music from the piano being played. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa reading a book. Very nice design of the kitchen. The white brick wall texture and the colour of the kitchen furnishing look nice together. The island sink counter is great. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals. Nice sitting nook area off from the kitchen. The tapestry on the wall and blossom on the table are nice and pretty for sims to see when sitting there. The dining windows alcove is nice for sims to have sunshine coming in to the room whilst dining. They will have great views of the backyard through the windows. The black floor rug is a nice touch there. Very nice study desk nook! Sims will enjoy sitting at the table using the computer. It looks great how the cabinets have been placed to create the nook.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    I really love Palazzo Modern @StSciurus ! Wonderful recreation!
    Thank you, @rosemow , for your detailed comments! :smiley: I always appreciate your Sim's eye point of view!

And thank you too, @pronterus ! :smiley: I especially appreciate the support of my fellow builders.
  • fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    It's too bad the default cover photo doesn't do it justice. I like the exterior design particularly and the interior is nicely set up. A fav from me.
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    I'm Loving what you are doing with your Newcrest! I too love modern styled builds and yours made me smile! I can't wait to see more!!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
    fidlerten wrote: »
    It's too bad the default cover photo doesn't do it justice. I like the exterior design particularly and the interior is nicely set up. A fav from me.

Thank you, @fidlerten , for your nice comment and the fav! :smiley: Yes, it is too bad we can't choose our cover shot for the gallery. I am conscious of the way a design looks on the gallery, and I will sometimes add some landscaping, etc. to make the build look better.
    Nhicks wrote: »
    I'm Loving what you are doing with your Newcrest! I too love modern styled builds and yours made me smile! I can't wait to see more!!!

Thank you, @Nhicks ! Much appreciated! :smiley:
    edited July 2016
    My entry for Build-n-Share challenge 49 is called Mtelo. Inspiration picture and then my version:
    D03%20(Copy).jpg
    5L629rh.png

The challenge was to pick a Sim from one of the five regions representing the five Olympic rings. I chose a scientist, Kesse Kogo representing Africa, to build a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom house for. I was inspired by a modern design I found on a Kenyan home builder's website.

kw1EXb4.png
    lxWd0kK.png
    XgWIcEJ.png
    K38gGUd.png

More images
    Post edited by StSciurus on
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Beautiful builds Stsciuruss Tiny Cottage is so charming and as cute as a button. :) Palazzo Moderno is a gorgeous modern build, love the kitchen and dining area. :) Folly
    Thank you so much, @follyfoot ! :smiley:
    The exterior design and layout of Mtelo looks very nice! :) The windows look great how they are placed in the build! The plants, flowers and trees in the outdoors areas look so nice! Nice upper front balcony. Sims will enjoy sitting on the arnchair there looking out at the views. Very nice outdoors pool, dining and science patio! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool and enjoy using the observatory there. The flowers and plants look very nice lining the pool edges. Nice outdoors dining table nook for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The African theme is reflected well in the furnishings! The living room sitting area looks great! Sims will enjoy siting resting there listening to piano music being played. The wall tapestry and the flooring rug look nice and suit the home theme so well! The books are a nice touch on the coffee table. Nice windows corner sitting nook for sims to enjoy resting there with sunshine coming in onto them. The science study desk room is great! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table nook using the computer or will like using the science machine there. The wall cabinets look great how they are placed to create the desk nook.
    The home is very nice! :)
    I always look forward to your detailed comments, @rosemow ! Thank you again. You've made my day! :smiley:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Love your latest uploads! Especially the cottage and all your modern builds. Great job! Already added them to my favourites. <3
    Thank you so much, @yanti68 ! I'm hoping that you have some time to build yourself. I always look forward to your creations. :smiley:
    Really nice landscaping. The interior design is done well also. Love that rug in the sitting room where the piano is. Is that CC or does it come with a pack? A fav from me.
    edited July 2016
    Much appreciated! Thanks for stopping by, @fidlerten . :smiley: The rug is called Sha(g)ka Bra, and it's from the Movie Hangout stuff pack.
    I just may have to get that stuff pack, just so I can have that rug. I design my own but there is just so much you can do with the few carpet tiles we have when it comes to designing, no matter how creative one is. I made a tutorial in TS3 way back when, about designing custom rugs but then, there was a lot more to work with in that version of sims. Thanks for the info.
    edited July 2016
    As I continue to "modernize" Newcrest, I have added the Keysworth Townhouses to the lower left corner of the map. Looking from the townhouses, one can see already placed the Sciurian Maze Park and a single family dwelling, Sciurian Ultra Modern.
    ZEcTH0d.png

The Keysworth Townhouses comprise two side-by-side dwellings, one is furnished, the other is not. There is a small backyard for each townhouse, one with a pool and garden. There is also a rooftop garden with hot tub available to both townhouses.
    6pjpaQl.png
    v10bCrL.png
    LPFKw3k.png
    wt6bXFF.png
    lfmSqGu.png

More images below:
    XubWWNs.png
    RfIr5xb.png
    hQGLm9D.png
    Hk7DnDz.png
    Q5I2M6X.png
    The exterior design and the layout of Keysworth Townhouses looks very creatively nice! :) The structural design of the front of the build looks great! The windows look very nice how they are placed in the build. The tree beds either sides of the front steps look nice. Very nice side balcony! It is very nice that the build has two townhouses. Very nice rooftop level. The outdoors rooftop garden looks so great! Nice umbrella covered table sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting at the table looking out at the views. They will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. The furnishing of the interior of the home looks very nice. Nice sofa and armchair siting area corner for sims to sit , chat and relax there with sunshine coming in through the windows, The lime green and yellow color scheme of the dining room looks very nice. The cherry blossom wall picture is pretty for sims to see when eating their meals. Very nice design of the kitchen! The black, white and green colour scheme of the kitchen looks very nice! The green wall tiling looks great, and the island curved counter is great to do cooking on. The sunflowers are sunny for sims to see when cooking. The wall cutlery are nice touches in the room. Very nice bedroom. The computer desk corner nook is great! Very nice corner bathtub nook in the bathroom. The toiletries wall shelves and hanging robe are nice home touches and the butterflies picture is pretty for sims to see when bathing. The layout of the living room is very nice! Very nice corner sofa and arnchair sitting area for sims to relax there and watch tv , whilst having a drink from the bar. They will have fun playing chess at the chess table.The colour scheme of the room looks very nice. The bubbles wall pattern and bar neon wall lights give a great look to the room,
    It is a very nice build ! :)
    You put a smile on my face, @rosemow ! Thank you so much. :smiley:
    edited October 2016
    Edit: I've decided to upload this lot to the gallery, even though it now seems that we won't be able to build our own apartments in City Life. :'( Here is the link.

I have been working on my "Modernized Newcrest" and have finished The Confluence, which is a set of five townhouses located in the lower left section of the map. I probably won't upload the lot to the gallery because it only has one furnished townhouse and therefore isn't really useful to most Simmers. If Maxis comes out with apartments, I may convert it to that and upload it later.

jPD4Hb1.png
    lLLu68f.png
    Sl5pQ4J.png
    cVRK3gN.png
    VD0O5Cr.png
    vpm0apN.png
  • Danuta720Danuta720 Posts: 45 Member
    Very interesting build. These look beautiful in your houses, in the modernist style.
    Bravo ! :)
    The design and layout of The Confluence looks very great! @StSciurus :) The windows look so very nice how they are placed in the build! It is nice that there is a pool patio in the back area of the bulld. The cherry blossom tree looks pretty in the build.. The vertical ledging sections on the front exterior give a great look to the build! The brick exterior texture of the walls looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the townhouse! The windows living room sitting area is very nice! Sims would enjoy very nice views of the outdoors through the windows whilst sitting resting on the sofas and arnchairs there. They would enjoy listening to the piano music being played whilst sitting there. Very nice dining room alcove. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming into the room through the windows whilst dining. The fruit bowl is a great touch on the tabletop. The animal paintings on the wall near the staircase are great for sims to enjoy seeing when about to go up the stairs! Very nice design of the kitchen. The wall cabinets look nice how they are placed there. The white, blue and black colour scheme of the rooms through the home looks very nice. Very pretty master bedroom! The flowers are a nice touch on the bedhead wall. The pink colour scheme of the room looks very nice.
    It is a very nice home :)
    Thank you for your nice remarks, @Danuta720 , and welcome to the forums! :smiley:

And thank you again, dear @rosemow, for your kindness and support! :smiley: