Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to add and remove a sim to my household on the same lot? // Switching between sims on one lot

I am planning to do an apartment series where I am playing with one family on the first floor. However I would like to have the opportunity to play other sims who moved into the second to fourth floor as well. I thought of maybe achieving this with the help of cheats? With "testingcheatsenable true" non playable sims can be clicked at and added to the active household. But there is like...nothing that removes them from the household while still staying on the same lot. I have tried to find an answer, but it seems everyone is saying to just manage households and move them to another lot but that's clearly not what I want. Also someone on this forum said it is possible to just delete the sim from household in CAS, but I wonder if the sim still stays on the lot or magically disappears/moves out?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You can add Sims to your household from the Manage Households menu without having to enter the lot. But of course once you have added them you should load that lot, and lock doors (once they get inside their own apartment) to allow only them or them and the employees like a maid or repairman. You still have to play both those Sims living in two different parts of a lot. Or you could try to play one set and keep hands off the other. But I tried that and they all get annoying trying to play one sim and leave the others alone in their apartments. They all will come and go like they should. However, it can become a hassle the game puts them all out in the road if you go to build mode or switch to another house and back.

Yes, in this game you can delete any Sim and they will no longer be in the game. Ever again. Unless you put back in a copy of them from your library but of course it's not really the same Sim.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2016
    The only way I have found to do this is to play more than one household and by exploiting a quirk in the modify in CAS option. Tricky to explain, but I'll try.

You need two households containing sims set as played and testingcheats true.

If you meet a sim and want to add them to one of the apartments, then you can use the cheat you mentioned above. If I want to move that sim to another household, then there is no way in the game I can do that while in live mode, so I use the sim from the other played household.

I invite the other played sim to my played sims lot. Shift+click that sim and then go to CAS, Select the tick in CAS and when I return to the game I am playing the other sim's household, so now I can add my sim to that household and it is removed from my original household. You can then use the CAS quirk to switch back to the original household.

Make sense? If not, I'll try and clarify.

It sounds like a lot of fiddling, but has no more loading screens than the manage worlds option and means you are playing your sims from their perspective.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @senabtch Do you have the Get Together EP? If so, you might want to check the Get Together subcategory - there are one or two topics there about how Simmers are using Clubs, together with doorlocking, to mimic apartments while leaving all the Sims in one household.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • senabtchsenabtch Posts: 3 New Member
    @ModerateOsprey thanks! I don't seem to understand though :D It's confusing...Could you please explain in detail? Screenshots would help a lot! :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    @senabtch Do you have the Get Together EP? If so, you might want to check the Get Together subcategory - there are one or two topics there about how Simmers are using Clubs, together with doorlocking, to mimic apartments while leaving all the Sims in one household.

Hello :)
    This a link to one of the threads that Luthien posted about
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878534/used-club-feature-to-make-an-apartment/p1
  • Sims_4_EverSims_4_Ever Posts: 1 New Member
    I need help: I need to delete the other half of my family tree because I don't want them to be connected to my family. When I downloaded and extracted the Twallan's master controller (I think it's called that) it wouldn't let me load sims 4 open so that created a new problem. I just want to erase the other half without damaging my family tree and I already saved so it's not like I can just go to the main menu.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    I need help: I need to delete the other half of my family tree because I don't want them to be connected to my family. When I downloaded and extracted the Twallan's master controller (I think it's called that) it wouldn't let me load sims 4 open so that created a new problem. I just want to erase the other half without damaging my family tree and I already saved so it's not like I can just go to the main menu.

Twallans Master controler isn't for Sims 4, it's for Sims 3. You need MC Command Center for Sims 4. There's a thread here.