Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Avoid the nanny until the next patch

Comments

• catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    @Shimrod101 has made a fix for the problem:
    "Has met nanny' aging" at MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=580319
    Words are soul's image
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Who is this 'Nanny' that's making our Sim Children immortal?!?!?
    Nanny Peter Pan.

Oh no, he's going to whisk the kids away to Neverland :scream:
    Totally. It's actually quite a dark story the original Peter Pan. He's really quite evil. Ironic when happy thoughts made him fly.

Yeah, it doesn't surprise me that the basis of most Disney films are based on something much darker(especially since some of those dark aspects are actually put into the films). I like how they portrayed him in Once Upon A Time :3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Who is this 'Nanny' that's making our Sim Children immortal?!?!?
    Nanny Peter Pan.

Oh no, he's going to whisk the kids away to Neverland :scream:

Well, THAT's a new spin on the "Social Worker" routine...

Why am I sitting here thinking of Logan's Run now? (I really liked the TV series, too.)

Make sure your kids do well in school because, if they get an F Grade, the shadow of a flying teenage boy in a green outfit will kidnap them at night and bring them to an island in the middle of nowhere where they don't age. Oh goodness :scream:
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    While it seems that the nannies have cause some mischief...

17mi22.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SydneyBSydneyB Posts: 1 New Member
    I noticed when my sim got pregnant after the update the age bar was solid green and sparkly like when the HasMetNanny trait is flagged but then after the birth (twins without any fertility help being involved!) the age view went back to normal. Does it always do that or is it related to this change? If it is related maybe it only lasted a limited time?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Well so much for the nanny, thanks for info glad I hadn't met her yet.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited July 2016
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Well so much for the nanny, thanks for info glad I hadn't met her yet.

Pfft, it's fixable. Meet the nanny. Use the cheat after. Nothing we haven't done before, do a thing, fix the result. It's an EA game. Par for the course, this. Haha!

I went with the knee-jerk (OMG she's broken GET OUT!!) reaction because of something @crinrict posted earlier on in the "figuring it out" process... thank @luthienrising for her "cooler heads" approach that had me edit my first post. :)

edit: banished the censor.
    @egwarhammer Well after what we went through in TS2, i would never trust EA to hire a nanny ever again! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @egwarhammer Well after what we went through in TS2, i would never trust EA to hire a nanny ever again! :smiley:

hahaha! Truer words were never spoken!! <3
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    So true :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen

hahaha! Truer words were never spoken!! <3
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    So true :)

They did seem to be good at hiring some cool teens to be baby sitters in TS3 though.

I mean those teens where reliable as well, they just appeared out of thin air and i never once had a fire with them. Now I know some players who liked TS2 wanted TS4 to be the same but bringing back the nannies was not the way to do it :#
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    SydneyB wrote: »
    I noticed when my sim got pregnant after the update the age bar was solid green and sparkly like when the HasMetNanny trait is flagged but then after the birth (twins without any fertility help being involved!) the age view went back to normal. Does it always do that or is it related to this change? If it is related maybe it only lasted a limited time?

Hello
    This thread on the AHQ EA site refers to the change in the age bar when pregnant. The bar has been going back to normal after the sim gives birth.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Pregnant-sims-age-bars-bug-when-save-exit/m-p/5390175#M25424
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Sims are normal, they meet Super-Nanny, they get immortal! :D
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016

What happened? I have hired nannies multiple times and only one bugged out and couldn't leave. I had to use moveobjects to delete her :p

Was it some major bug at the start of the game? I probs don't remember at this point.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

What happened? I have hired nannies multiple times and only one bugged out and couldn't leave. I had to use moveobjects to delete her :p

Was it some major bug at the start of the game? I probs don't remember at this point.

You never had nannies who put food in the oven and walked away starting a fire while babies where constantly being fed with bottles and needed their diaper changed while the fireman arrived he couldn't get anyway due to the amount of dirty bottles on the floor while the nanny just stood in the doorway with a soft toy in her hand?

I did manage to get one eaten by a cowplant once. Unexpected but it was worth the watch ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

You never had nannies who put food in the oven and walked away starting a fire while babies where constantly being fed with bottles and needed their diaper changed while the fireman arrived he couldn't get anyway due to the amount of dirty bottles on the floor while the nanny just stood in the doorway with a soft toy in her hand?

I did manage to get one eaten by a cowplant once. Unexpected but it was worth the watch ;)

LOL!!!

No that has never happened. The nannies I have had though, leave bottles everywhere but none has used the oven to cook something.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

LOL!!!

No that has never happened. The nannies I have had though, leave bottles everywhere but none has used the oven to cook something.

Strange they were known for using the ovens. Maybe they fixed it in a patch or something?

TS2 did have these daft moments which where slowly fixed over time but it has been years since I played and the nannies are now just a sore memory locked away with the nightmares of pregnant Sims and the TS2 toddlers. Yes, I hated TS2 toddlers with a passion!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    same thing happened to me
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member

Never trust the "Nanny"

snapshot_2dae7a30_b43f9451-1.jpg

snapshot_2dae7a30_743f9461.jpg
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    bluegayle_ wrote: »

Never trust the "Nanny"

Lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Never trust the "Nanny"

That is one reason why babies are now tied to a crib, and cars have been removed.

That is all down to the nannies...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Never trust the "Nanny"

That is one reason why babies are now tied to a crib, and cars have been removed.

The truth IS out there!

hahaha!!!

Never trust the "Nanny"

The truth IS out there!

hahaha!!!

I mean I know we had mild issues with babies going places in TS3 but it was not so bad, the babies didn't have legs... :tongue:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited July 2016
    LOL @king_of_simcity7 I will have to save my shots for the next thread that asks why we don't have the babes released and cars back. And thanks for the laugh I needed one today. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    @bluegayle_ We have always had problems with babies being taken.

In The Sims 1 there was the social worker, she took my babies once or twice but I have no idea who forced my kids to go to military school. I spent ages waiting for them to come back home.

That was actually an early for of culling. If an adult lost a fight or a kid had poor grades, the game punished them, and punished you for not playing them properly.

The Sims 1 really was the darkest of all Sims games >:)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top