Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backyard Stuff pack- Spring Sims Review (Removed)

2...Next

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    How does he have it already? It's not out yet. Someone's one EA's pay roll. For that very reason I ain't watching it.

Some of the you-tubers i guess get Review copies

I know, I've seen LGR's videos, he too get's EA's packs for free to review but that isn't a reason to release a video 2 hours before time.

Maybe they got the time wrong, who knows.

More than likely a time was specified when they were given early access to the DLC - unless his review was negative I doubt EA/Maxis will retract their partnership.

My own 2 cents - I don't necessarily agree with YT video creators getting packs free. Primarily because they are doing so and expected to make said product look good regardless of their own personal opinion. I've noticed that a lot in regards to Maxis sponsored reviews compared to community discussion. If I want to get a clear view of a pack, I won't rely on a fan who got a freebie from the company I'll read the forums where paying customers come to share their opinions.

Yes, it is best. When you go on youtube, if you watch any video that is related to a product, it's very likely that those people are being sponsored by the company to promote them. They call them reviews but they are just pretty and long adds where people say nice things about them. EA does it, Ubisoft does it, Apple does it, Samsung does it, I don't know of a big company that doesn't, including makeup companies etc, and they are more effective than tv adds because people think they are watching legit people talking about a product.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • quasha81388quasha81388 Posts: 255 Member
    More than likely a time was specified when they were given early access to the DLC - unless his review was negative I doubt EA/Maxis will retract their partnership.

My own 2 cents - I don't necessarily agree with YT video creators getting packs free. Primarily because they are doing so and expected to make said product look good regardless of their own personal opinion. I've noticed that a lot in regards to Maxis sponsored reviews compared to community discussion. If I want to get a clear view of a pack, I won't rely on a fan who got a freebie from the company I'll read the forums where paying customers come to share their opinions.

Sometimes their review copy expires and they still have to buy it if they want to keep it.
    (not saying it is always the case)

I watch LGR because he reviews in a funny and unbiased way (imo), but I don't watch any other YouTube reviewers.
    I'm not into that because too many only do it to make money & expand social media base of "fans".
    In other words, too much is fake, and they are just out there trying to sell themselves for subscribers, for ad revenue/popularity.
    No thanks.

*Just my general opinion, nothing personal to anyone. :)

I totally agree with you 100%.. LGR is always my to go to guy with reviews, i can trust his opinion other then that i come here to look and see what our fellow simmers have to say about anything.
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    How does he have it already? It's not out yet. Someone's one EA's pay roll. For that very reason I ain't watching it.

I know, I've seen LGR's videos, he too get's EA's packs for free to review but that isn't a reason to release a video 2 hours before time.

Just because they like the product doesn't mean that they get paid for saying positiv things. Simscommunity posted something about this yesterday
    http://simscommunity.info/game-review-standards/
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    Probably uploaded it by accident. I love SpringSims Reviews and Lets plays :smiley: I'm a big Fan :smile: EA people make mistakes :wink: You should know :lol: Looking forward to watch the review before I buy.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    Probably uploaded it by accident. I love SpringSims Reviews and Lets plays :smiley: I'm a big Fan :smile:EA people make mistakes :wink: You should know :lol: Looking forward to watch the review before I buy.

The hell does that have to do with anything? It wasn't EA who uploaded it LMAO

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    Anyone can make upload by mistake. EA has done it themselves. That's all.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2016

Basically this. The same goes for the Yibsims websites. Free trips and goodies, hands on previews and what not does a lot to people. :)

I am amazed they are actually giving LGR review copies now too! They only started doing this recently as far as I know.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Basically this. The same goes for the Yibsims websites. Free trips and goodies, hands on previews and what not does a lot to people. :)
    I am amazed they are actually giving LGR review copies now too! They only started doing this recently as far as I know.

I was pleasantly surprised about this, too. SimGuruDrake spoke a bit about it in the family thread (emphasis is mine):

"Also I'm not sure where people get this:

"This game has had very limited community communication other than with preferred fan groups and that's been where some other players have felt that good feedback outside of this little club may be being missed. "

Are you saying specifically with TS4 or the franchise in general? As the community manager I do work with fan sites and influencers and I've made it my goal to have a wide variety of reviews---heck I noticed that we had never worked with LGR even though whenever he puts out his reviews we all watch them in studio so I made sure to include him going forward (even gave him early access to the last stuff pack knowing that they just aren't his jam.) We always use other avenues when looking at feedback about content we release --we look at different youtube reviews from channels big and small, fan sites, twitter, reddit, the forums, facebook, etc."
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14988937/#Comment_14988937