March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Backyard Stuff pack- Spring Sims Review (Removed)

Comments

• DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,757 Member
    That's one long review
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

I didnt think it could go up before 12:30 because of the embargo.
  • quasha81388quasha81388 Posts: 255 Member

I didnt think it could go up before 12:30 because of the embargo.

that is what i thought then i saw a notification, and had to watch.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    Putting the video 2 hours before the pack releases just to get views before everyone else who respects the time is just disrespectful.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    How does he have it already? It's not out yet. Someone's one EA's pay roll. For that very reason I ain't watching it.

Some of the you-tubers i guess get Review copies
    How does he have it already? It's not out yet. Someone's one EA's pay roll. For that very reason I ain't watching it.

Some Youtubers got it Friday to review for us. LGR has it.
    edited July 2016

I know, I've seen LGR's videos, he too get's EA's packs for free to review but that isn't a reason to release a video 2 hours before time.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • rshell193rshell193 Posts: 284 Member

I know, I've seen LGR's videos, he too get's EA's packs for free to review but that isn't a reason to release a video 2 hours before time.

He probably didn't want to release it days before and just waited for the release day itself. And sometimes its good to watch a review before you buy something :open_mouth: (not being a plum saying that btw)
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member

Maybe they got the time wrong, who knows.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
    edited July 2016
    i think he made a mistake on his Twitter he thought it was to come out at 9:30
    i went to orgin to try and download when i saw the review was up.

https://twitter.com/spring_sims/status/755366990710124548
  • Shawnda182Shawnda182 Posts: 129 Member

I don't think LGR put his review up yet. But like you said some got it early. I'm just ready to play lol
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Most YouTubers get a free copy for review purposes. But they're not supposed to upload the video until sometime after the release.
    1FKDfKj.png
    edited July 2016
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Most YouTubers get a free copy for review purposes. But they're not supposed to upload the video until sometime after the release.

That's my point. EA or him should take the video down and wait like everyone else.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I'll wait for LGR's reviews.
  • jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    It looks pretty cool, not a ton of "stuff" for a stuff pack though just a few new gameplay objects
    Gruffman wrote: »

Yeah his reviews are the best.
    Gruffman wrote: »

same here, his reviews are always just amazing

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    lol someone can kiss their early review copies goodbye.
  • daniandjamesdaniandjames Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys,It looks like the video was deleted by the user...
    edited July 2016

I'm sure a youtuber who has to respect a contract or whatever they sign to get those, knows very well they can't do it. If it was minutes before, sure I'd cut him some slack but 2 hours? No.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

More than likely a time was specified when they were given early access to the DLC - unless his review was negative I doubt EA/Maxis will retract their partnership.

My own 2 cents - I don't necessarily agree with YT video creators getting packs free. Primarily because they are doing so and expected to make said product look good regardless of their own personal opinion. I've noticed that a lot in regards to Maxis sponsored reviews compared to community discussion. If I want to get a clear view of a pack, I won't rely on a fan who got a freebie from the company I'll read the forums where paying customers come to share their opinions.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I feel like EA might give him a warning like it's their one and only warning and to not upload the video so early next time.
    1FKDfKj.png
    Shawnda182 wrote: »

I don't think LGR put his review up yet. But like you said some got it early. I'm just ready to play lol

That's cause the embargo hasn't ended. He got it early.
    Shawnda182 wrote: »

That's cause the embargo hasn't ended. He got it early.

Oh ok gotcha
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    More than likely a time was specified when they were given early access to the DLC - unless his review was negative I doubt EA/Maxis will retract their partnership.

My own 2 cents - I don't necessarily agree with YT video creators getting packs free. Primarily because they are doing so and expected to make said product look good regardless of their own personal opinion. I've noticed that a lot in regards to Maxis sponsored reviews compared to community discussion. If I want to get a clear view of a pack, I won't rely on a fan who got a freebie from the company I'll read the forums where paying customers come to share their opinions.

Sometimes their review copy expires and they still have to buy it if they want to keep it.
    (not saying it is always the case)

I watch LGR because he reviews in a funny and unbiased way (imo), but I don't watch any other YouTube reviewers.
    I'm not into that because too many only do it to make money & expand social media base of "fans".
    In other words, too much is fake, and they are just out there trying to sell themselves for subscribers, for ad revenue/popularity.
    No thanks.

*Just my general opinion, nothing personal to anyone. :)