Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There won't be an expansion pack this year and here's why

coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
They always bundle a game pack with 2 stuff packs. We now have kids room & backyard stuff but no game pack to go with it. So I'm predicting we'll only get a game pack next quarter so it can be sold in a bundle with the other 2 packs.

dineout.jpg

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Maybe we'll get a game pack and an ep. They do keep saying that there is no set schedule for their releases.

I would guess at a game pack next but I think we might see an ep around Christmas. The best Christmas gift to us all, a Generations or Seasons ep :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    Considering Outdoor Retreat's bundle came a little late, I wouldn't see why they wouldn't do the same for the...fourth? bundle. But I could be wrong.

And if we aren't getting any EP this year, then I'm completely done with TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Nah there will be an EP.

After keeping players waiting for what must be 9 months, I think they would make a good sale off it.

I mean people buy stuff with 'The Sims' name on it...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited July 2016
    Nah there will be an EP.

After keeping players waiting for what must be 9 months, I think they would make a good sale off it.

I mean people buy stuff with 'The Sims' name on it...

I won't. I was kind of disappointed in the first two. That's two in a row. I didn't mind GT at first. I made an effort to see the good in it, but that wore off rather quickly (one whole month of meh). I don't feel like being disappointed again.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yeah I'm done, I think. Even if there is or isn't one. Unless that EP is Pets, Seasons or Vacations themed then I might give it a whirl on sale.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I feel this is just speculation if you have a fact than I'll believe other than that I'm sorry.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Ok, thanks for taking the time to tell us your opinion on the matter.
  • coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Ok, thanks for taking the time to tell us your opinion on the matter.

You're welcome :)
  • HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    nah, that would be dumb.

why stop milking the cash cow?
  • coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    Hermai wrote: »
    nah, that would be dumb.

And this isn't milking it? One more game pack to sell, then an expansion in early 2017. Why not?
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I bave my theory but I'm going to keep it for myself.
    nah, that would be dumb.

And this isn't milking it? One more game pack to sell, then an expansion in early 2017. Why not?

actually, I understood something different from what you said, oops xD mah engrish is caput

I've always thought that EPs sold more than SP, but right now I don't know. maybe that was the case in TS2 era
  • ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member
    They understand that a desperate fan buys anything anytime. So they just don't bother with the clear schedule. I am pretty sure that they will release an EP before Christmas and will make a big deal of it - like "see, we care about you! OMG OMG OMG I am so-so-EXCITED for this pack!".
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
    SiliClone wrote: »

Oh, do tell! :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member

I don't want to give false hope to anyone so better not tell.

peeeeeeets
    or....
    the "t" word
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    nah, that would be dumb.

actually, I understood something different from what you said, oops xD mah engrish is caput

I've always thought that EPs sold more than SP, but right now I don't know. maybe that was the case in TS2 era

They're going with a new tactic (learned from the S3 Store is my guess). They add that one gameplay item most can't do without and it sells much better than SPs of the past.

I believe they're doing much better this time around with that tactic in place. Time will tell.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    People need to stop making definitive statements about what will or won't happen with this game. Unless you actually work for the Sims studio, then you have no more idea than the rest of us what they are going to release this year. Everybody is just guessing. The thread should be titled "I don't think there will be a game pack."

Fair enough but you know what this place is like with false hope ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I have zero hope. Please tell me in a pm. B)