Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    @egwarhammer Those drink mods are for energy. I am looking for my foodie sim to get over her disdain for oj and water. Instead I have removed random illness and all get drink autonomy which works as an alternative since I only wanted her to drink those things for health benefits anyway but not if its just going to make her uncomfortable. Thanks
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • bojacksonbojackson Posts: 3 New Member
    Anyone know if there is a mod, that allows you to copy features of one sim onto another. My first sim has all my stuff on it, but my second sim looks better is there way I can transfer the looks of my second sim onto my first sim without changing anything else? I've looked for a mod but can't find one.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    bojackson wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is a mod, that allows you to copy features of one sim onto another. My first sim has all my stuff on it, but my second sim looks better is there way I can transfer the looks of my second sim onto my first sim without changing anything else? I've looked for a mod but can't find one.

MC's Appearance Module will do this. Big mod, but if that's all you need, just download the base file and the appearance file. Or get the allmodules zip and just extract the parts you want. Other than the main .package and .ts4script file, the rest of it is optional.
  • bojacksonbojackson Posts: 3 New Member
    bojackson wrote: »

MC's Appearance Module will do this. Big mod, but if that's all you need, just download the base file and the appearance file. Or get the allmodules zip and just extract the parts you want. Other than the main .package and .ts4script file, the rest of it is optional.

I actually tried this the thing is it doesn't allow me to copy and paste eye features.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Shimrod101 wrote: »
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    @Shimrod101 My username there is Fizzy. Thank you so much.
    I was told to direct you to this post there which guests can access, and that you should send an e-mail to the e-mail address there at the top of the message.
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/11733-didnt-receive-validation-email-problems-registering-etc/
    Thank you very much!!!
    edited July 2016
    Why did the forum double post this??
    Nectere wrote: »
    @egwarhammer Those drink mods are for energy. I am looking for my foodie sim to get over her disdain for oj and water. Instead I have removed random illness and all get drink autonomy which works as an alternative since I only wanted her to drink those things for health benefits anyway but not if its just going to make her uncomfortable. Thanks

@Nectere

I thought of another way, while I was at work last night. If you'd use weerbesu's UI Cheats mod you can right-click moodlets to remove them. Link's in my sig, if you want to check it out.

I use it for motive filling, mostly, but the occasional buff-removal is also sweet. Just took longer for me to shake the idea loose than I had time left before I had to go to work. Sitting in the parking lot, I thought, oh yeah!! And couldn't wait to get home to post this. Hope it helps!
    1. One that will give a parent or YA, Adult or any Elder in the house the ability to suggest or tell child/teen to do their homework.
    2. One that will autonomously make child/teens go to bed at midnight Sun-Thurs, regardless of how sleepy their are.
    Part mod part info request:

Anything out there that will load the household's needs as last played? Or, load the house with needs filled? I dont understand why my sims load with their needs in the red and standing outside as when I left them they were all green. Free will is on, shouldnt they have cared for themselves between the last time I played with them? Is this random? They seem to make friends, lovers and enemies while I am not looking, why cant they care for themselves? Some houses I load and they are standing by their bed and then get back in bed, but others are outside in their jammies...why? rng? Why in some neighborhoods when I load the house and they are off lot and other houses in other hoods they are always standing outside in an uncomfortable state? Is this random?

How about a mod that tells me what time and what day it is before I load the family? Maybe on the household screen where it says who and where they are it also states what their job is and what day it is.

Why when I load a house and the occupants are elsewhere they wont go home unless I direct them to, did they forget they have a home? I noticed they can be standing just outside the lot and if I direct them to fill a need it fails as they cant find a way to fulfill this need, namely by going home. Is there a way to load the house at home or to choose?

Sometimes when I load the household as being off lot , they load at home even though the screen said they were at another lot, yet at other times, they load at the other lot. Is this random? I cant find a pattern and I cant seem to choose.

I noticed NPCs will leave a lot to fix their needs rather than use any facility on site - is this random? Is my game bugging out? Is there a way to make them stay and just use the bathroom onsite instead of leaving and generating a new NPC? Or to put the working NPC's needs in stasis?

Why cant a sim be at work or school but can be at a different lot when I load the house? Did they forget they have a job? Is there a mod for this - always go to work and or school?
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Nectere I can answer part of what you're asking. If you make any changes in manage worlds (adding a household, editing a lot, playing a different household) when you play a household the sims will be standing in front of their lot and will not be at work or school.
    To prevent my sims from losing work/school performance because of this, I always rotate households between 4 and 5 am.
    @Pegasus143 so playing the game is resetting the whole game file or just that neighborhood?
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Pegasus143 so playing the game is resetting the whole game file or just that neighborhood?
    Making a change in manage worlds or playing a different household will only affect that save file.
    Not to be dense, but I dont follow. I am wondering about why one house would be outside while another would be inside, or why one house could be off lot, one on lot by their bed, and yet another standing outside in the red, as well as the randomness of where their needs are when I load the house - when you said "If you make any changes in manage worlds (adding a household, editing a lot, playing a different household) when you play a household the sims will be standing in front of their lot and will not be at work or school."

I wanted to know if it mattered or not if I made changes in Willow Creek, will it affect Oasis Springs or some other neighborhood, or is it rolling new rng for the entire save file - in other words all houses in all neighborhoods or just the neighborhood I am currently working in? I cant find a pattern in how I expect my sims to be vs what they are on load. It seems like total rng and nothing I did before I left the house seems to matter much as in where they are and what their needs are. Like if I send them home, make sure they are all in the green and happy and when I come back its like I wasnt even there at all - the sims are unhappy, in the red and not where I left them - relationships aside, we know thats broken.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Not to be dense, but I dont follow. I am wondering about why one house would be outside while another would be inside, or why one house could be off lot, one on lot by their bed, and yet another standing outside in the red, as well as the randomness of where their needs are when I load the house - when you said "If you make any changes in manage worlds (adding a household, editing a lot, playing a different household) when you play a household the sims will be standing in front of their lot and will not be at work or school."

I wanted to know if it mattered or not if I made changes in Willow Creek, will it affect Oasis Springs or some other neighborhood, or is it rolling new rng for the entire save file - in other words all houses in all neighborhoods or just the neighborhood I am currently working in? I cant find a pattern in how I expect my sims to be vs what they are on load. It seems like total rng and nothing I did before I left the house seems to matter much as in where they are and what their needs are. Like if I send them home, make sure they are all in the green and happy and when I come back its like I wasnt even there at all - the sims are unhappy, in the red and not where I left them - relationships aside, we know thats broken.

I'm totally guessing, but PART of it at least seems to depend on what you do and how you do it. I play at Desert Bloom a lot. So I generally have sims there. If I leave that family and decide to go give somebody else a job, or see who's close to having a baby, or whatever... (unfinished thought I know, it's just a setup).

It depends on who's on what lot. If I go to a house and it pulls someone away from DB to load the house with everybody, they're usually outside. Actually my sims are almost ALWAYS outside unless I just go out to MH and do strictly CAS things and go straight back in. If I change lots and go back, outside it it. Mostly.

I agree with you 100% in spades on the torched motives thing. I can't tell you how many times I've used the mailbox to fill needs-world and the next house I zone in on, even if it's next door, will STILL load with bad motives (red, yellow) for everybody. What IS that? WHY is that?

It's a game. I'd MUCH prefer, no matter what time it is, because I work 3rd shift and am up all hours, why shouldn't my sims be able to do that too?... I'd rather they be zoned in with FULL motives, so I could settle in to enjoy PLAYING with them, more than having to immediately either apply a cheat to fix the mess (which 9 times out of 10 was NOT how I left them, I take WAY better care of my sims than the GAME does...), or jumping straight into Damage Control. Not much fun.

I said earlier (somewhere here) I'd love to know the secret behind why EA is so hot for wanting to jack up our sims "times uncomfortable" stat. Why is that so important? Because of all the Happy Environments? Um... less clutter would fix that... I'm just saying.

I dunno if this is helpful or not. Rambling about what I've seen, and why I think it does this. I don't have a whole picture, though. Still digging. Even a year later.

@Nectere it's kind of like Groundhog Day (the movie), isn't it?

Or being on a hamster wheel, with what all they've done to this game, we're all being forced to do the same things over and over and over again.

EA needs to fix their game.

Its the lack of an identifiable pattern looking from the play side of things that has me confused. I like being able to identify patterns, it sets up reasonable expectations.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Oh yeah, something else I've noticed, when you load a family in a subhood, that seems to pull all (most at least) of the other families living there OUT of their houses and into the "common" area. Lots of times I've gone from household to (shaded "not home" status) household and they've had "go home" available. >.< Silly.
  • vthingsvthings Posts: 5 New Member
    I was thinking of ways to give the game a more open world feel. I thought "why not just build the whole neighborhood in one of the big lots?" With the ability to lock doors you can already build your sim a little apartment anywhere. I had a sim living on the second floor of a gym. I just made the apartment, locked the door for everyone but my sim and just never left. The townies all started getting really buff, lol.

I was thinking of doing something like that. Maybe a new venue, call it "neighborhood." Why a new venue? Open up interactions without messing with anything in the other venues. So on this new venue a townie can come onto the lot without being invited and interact with anything there like making food, cleaning, or even using a bed; not just napping on one. Also set it so that they stay indefinitely or at least a very long time. So you have some people "living" there. I think it'd be cool if you could stick a bar or cafe in as well. Be able to put down the bar or counter so that an NPC will come in and operate it. Maintenance person shows up to fix stuff without being called. Permanent maid on site maybe.

I have a basic understanding of how modding works but I really don't know how to approach doing the above or even if I've outlined the most efficient way of doing it. Anyway, just some thoughts.
  • maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    I would very much like a Variable Relationship Mod so that sims' romance and friendship bars are not exactly the same. Scumbumbo's mod was excellent but has not been updated for some time.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi,

I request for :
    1. a mod which set the "Clone" relationship.
      I've got 2 existing sims, I want to set Sim B as clone of Sim A.

Done by using weerbesu's updated EnableDebugCheats mod
    http://www.modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=5031285&postcount=627
  • MeteoricDragonMeteoricDragon Posts: 245 Member
    I'd like to request a mod that expands the number of stories told while exploring space in rocket?
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Is there a mod that gives an impression of the date in-game or what number of day it is? It would be helpfull to know how many days are between 2 events, and right now there is no way I can track that AFAIK.
    Is there a tiny mod out there that removes the odd colors from the hair choices for townie creation?
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Looking for a mod that puts 'change outfit' back on the Sim pie menu and doesn't require me to find a dresser.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    edited July 2016
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    Looking for a mod that puts 'change outfit' back on the Sim pie menu and doesn't require me to find a dresser.

MC Command Center? Dresser Module will do something like this. Edit: it doesn't go through the new UI clothes picker window, though.

Sim > MC > Dresser > Change Outfit