Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Love it @masajo, so pretty!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many thanks @FaithofKaela really pleased you like it :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    Well, i've encountered a slight problem :'( BUDGET IS TOO TIGHT :'( I have around 1k to decorate a LOT, so its either redecorating from the start or don't care about budget and make it look nice. So i show you my design now, any tips are welcome ;)
    bns47%20wip%202.pngbns47%20wip%201.pngbns47%20wip%203.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @Don_Oello I am having the same problem, I have started this challenge 4 times and have gone over every time.
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 47 - A Home of Our Own
    FORUM ID: Don_Oello
    ORIGIN ID: Don_Oello
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Mod Shui
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 37476
    TOTAL COST: 39976
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Mod Shui
    ENTRY DETAILS: this mix of modern and japanese style is blessed with the ancient spirits of the void to keep evil away.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    overview%201.pngworkshop%202.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Congratulations on meeting the budget limitation, @Don_Oello ! :smiley: Your entry looks great!
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Last-minute entry!

FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Kindaiteki
    BUILD COST: 37,456
    TOTAL COST: 39,956
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: LINK
    ENTRY DETAILS: Kindaiteki is a mix of suburbia and Japanese styles, and it incorporates the traditional house styles of Japan with a modern twist. This home has three well-appointed rooms as well as a workshop safely tucked away from little hands. Bamboo shades around the house can be rolled up or down to control the flow of sunlight. The backyard is spacious enough for kids to play in with a tree acting as shade. Kindaiteki (近代的) means "modern" in Japanese.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

TJH1Zwb.png
    vI8q5xd.png
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    Inspiring builds, I think I'll jump in, hopefully I finish in time :o
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited July 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: expert
    LOT: 706 Cherry Blossom Lane
    BUILD COST: 37,426
    TOTAL COST: 39,926
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/library/706 cherry blossom lane?sort=9&page=1
    ENTRY DETAILS: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/493E1CE443F511E683A21B82B3D1E332?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=50&maxis=false
    Asian inspired suburban home.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    0001_zpsgsmbbgcb.png

0004_zpsize1wbau.png
    Post edited by gmcrozier on
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    I unfortunately went over budget with my build
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Challenge #47 is now closed, we hope you'll join us for #48 :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2016
    A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

#48 - The Four Sisters of the Apocalypse

You aren’t quite sure what to make of the group standing in the lobby of your office. It’s only four young women, but they somehow seem more…intense than you would expect. Even Rose's little dog had retreated to its bed, silently.

One of the young ladies is clad entirely in black, pants, vest top and all. Her short raven hair has a single streak of vivid purple, the same color as her eyes. Like the others, she has some solid muscle showing in her arms. She’s tall, nearly six feet you would guess. She introduces herself as “Roxanne Planes, also known as Gunk.” Seeing your confusion she explains that its short for gothic punk.

On her left, one of her friends stands with military straightness. She has dark brown hair pulled into a ponytail and rich green eyes. She’s a perfect example of the beautiful girl next door looks. Clad casually in blue jeans and a t shirt under a leather jacket, she still looks ready for duty. Gunk introduces her as Carrie Logan.

Journye is the third of the group, standing near a window. Somehow she reminds you of a wolf, with a lean narrow face and a stronger build. Surprisingly, she has royal blue hair and green eyes. Something about her and the way that she studies you makes you think that she’s been in more than her fair share of fights. She too wears a t-shirt that does nothing to hide her muscled arms and a pair of loose jeans.

Gunk gestures to the last of her friends, Sarah, as if deliberately reminding you of her presence. And indeed she had slipped your mind, even though you had looked at her just minutes ago. Clad in all white, she wears a bodice style top, white pants and a white overcoat. Even her boots are white. Her black and white streaked hair is cut into a shaggy style that compliments her feline features. Something about her yellow eyes is very predatory and unnerving.

Instead of inviting them back to your office, four of you settle into chairs in the lobby. Sarah opts to stand near Gunk. Clearly the leader of her little group, Gunk says, “We’ve heard you’re the best architect in town.”

“Well, I try.” You say modestly.

She smiles, friendly and disarming. “Well, we need a house. Several houses actually.”

“Several?”

“Yeah, one for each of us. Eventually. For now we need a place for the four of us while we get established. We are a band called The Four Sisters of the Apocalypse and got a solid signing bonus for our first album. We want to get established before we go for separate houses.”

“Makes sense,” you say, not entirely believing her claim of a band. Not with the constant scanning of the room and general alertness they are displaying. “What would you like?

“This first house is going to be mine,” says Gunk. “I like space and privacy. Since we dont know how long its going to take to get established, we will need rooms for all four of us. Preferably with our own bathrooms. It could get ugly if we have to share one or two bathrooms. We need someplace to practice our music. I sing and play guitar, sarah plays drums, Journye’s on keyboard and Carrie plays bass. We are all big on fitness and sparring, so we need a place to work out. And a garage. Sarah babies her car.”

“All very doable. Whats my budget?”

“About 60k.” Gunk tells you. “And if you could decorate their bedrooms in their favorite colors, I suppose I could put up with that. My favorite color is purple.”

Carrie makes a rude gesture at Gunk then says, “My favorite is brown. Journye’s is blue and Sarah’s, surprise surprise, is white.”

“Not a problem. Anything else?”

“How soon?” Asks Gunk with another friendly smile..

Brief:

4 bed 4 bath, decorated in the girls favorite colors
    Gym
    Studio
    Garage
    Privacy and landscaping
    40×30 or larger
    60k budget

Sim Challenge:

Make the girls:

Gunk is creative, self-assured, and outgoing
    Carrie is a bro, self-assured and outgoing
    Journye is athletic, cheerful and loves the outdoors
    Sarah is creative, loner, genius

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 48 - The Four Sisters of the Apocalypse
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS48

The deadline for this challenge is 20th July 2016
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #47 - A HOME OF OUR OWN

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #47 - A HOME OF OUR OWN

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Hey folks, how are we getting on with the latest challenge?? I'm wondering if I have time to have a go at this this week??
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Whispering Trees
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 56,964
    TOTAL COST: 59,964
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/6vmF7
    ENTRY DETAILS: Modern house for the four band members with adjoining garage, separately built music studio, rear patios with bbq/dining and lounge area. Four bedrooms, each decorated in the girls favourite colours, all with en-suite bathrooms. Small gym.

ENTRY DETAILS:

ENTRY DETAILS:

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Download Link

ZKm2PKK.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • JaylfJaylf Posts: 285 Member
    Very nice. I haven't done a build and share in a couple of years. Maybe I will catch the next one.....
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @BuildnShare here is my entry for challenge 48

FORUM ID: emere
    ORIGIN ID: osiazul
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: For the Band https://www.thesims.com/gallery/37385C274C8111E68998A2797C20B203
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 57,920
    TOTAL COST: 59,920
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/osiazul/slideshow/band
    ENTRY DETAILS: For the Band is a modern house with an industrial twist. It keeps the privacy of the band members without being claustrophobic. But also shows the public face of the band: its music. Decorated with a grey color palette with notes of vibrant colors. It is a house that can be improved in the future without a full renovation.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

13_zpsplvoodut.png
    04_zpsob8ynmmu.png
    Oh wow @masajo and @emere two absolutely stunning builds!! Feeling very intimidated right now....
    Oh wow @masajo and @emere two absolutely stunning builds!! Feeling very intimidated right now....
    You are too kind @FaithofKaela looking forward to seeing your creation .. now I'm feeling nervous :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Morning all, Challenge #48 is now closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2016
    A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

#49 - Summer Designer Olympics

In honor of the Rio Olympics, for this challenge you are to choose one of these five Sims:

Maja Alquist (female)
    Represents: Europe
    Career: Athletic
    Favorite color: Blue

Kesse Kogo (male)
    Represents: Africa
    Career: Scientist
    Favorite color: Black

Xenia Caixeta (female)
    Represents: Americas
    Career: Business or Retail
    Favorite color: Red

Ya Yuèzhèng (male)
    Represents: Asia
    Career: Entertainer (violinist)
    Favorite color: Yellow

Chloe Foster (female)
    Represents: Australia/Oceania
    Career: Painter
    Favorite color: Green

Using the above information, create a house for your chosen Sim.

Requirements:

• 30 x 20 lot anywhere in the five communities
    • at least 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms
    • landscaping
    Budget: §150,000

Sim challenge: Create your chosen Sim and show her or him enjoying the house. Ambitions and traits are up to you! :smiley:

CHALLENGE #: 49 - Summer Designer Olympics
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS49

The deadline for this challenge is 3rd August 2016
    GArBA5W.jpg
    *launches Sims4* I am so entering this one!!!
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited July 2016
    So how are people choosing their Sim to design for: by region, career or color? Or all three?!? I think I picked by region in the end! :smiley:
    @StSciurus - I chose mine by region too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top