Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who has played a Household right from start?

JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
Has anyone ever played a household, that's 2 years old? right after The Sims 4 released?
while I had, one of my old household is called "Roomies" All of my sims were actually made from the Create a Sim demo, and when I got the Full game on late September,I downloaded the Gold Lake Manor by Eriks122 for them and I totally revamped the estate for them to live in... LOL

The Hunderson family is the first household I have created. They're pretty much hipsters.
27744539423_4026c04ed4_o_d.jpg

My favorite sim character is Julie Hunderson, she's a smart blond, who likes to garden and cook gourmet food for all of my household sims to eat. She also has the signature, Large Brim Sun Hat, all of her everyday dress has the brim sun hat.

Mike Hunderson is a used to be hot-headed sim, I later changed his trait. He's a bodybuilder that he used to work in the athlete career and now he works as a police.

Carrey Hunderson works as a journalist, she's a neat freak and I actually love the neat trait because the estate is really huge and I totally hate to use the god hand to pull and carry the trash and throw it in the dumpster.

The Danial family, are married to each other.
28281691561_a9501a85ef_o_d.jpg

Kyle Danial is a CEO and a Mastered painter who has sold many masterpieces, and has the most held funds in the family.

Matthew Danial is a jokester who's gonna be a famous comedian anytime soon, he is the husband of Kyle Danial.

The Brown family, are adopted siblings.
28077865030_115c864f91_o_d.jpg

Mark Brown is my second favorite sim, originally he was suppose to marry Julie Hunderson instead, but I later change it to Mike Hunderson as his groom.

Jennifer Brown is a handy sim and a writer too, she earns a lot by selling bestseller books, and a mastered painter. She's my third favorite sim, she created the most beautiful crafts and paintings I'd seen.

Rachel Brown is a romantic sim whom I have played little with her character. I was never keen with her.

This is the Roomies household
28326792856_165d3fc6a6_o_d.jpg

anyway after I got all those Content Packs it's time for a makeover,I gradually revamped everything except for the faces.

here's them in this mysterious year.
28326667626_8d21315b74_o_d.png
28360113235_6489aef945_o_d.png

39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

Post edited by JasonRMJ on

Comments

• QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    I still play the 1st family I made. It's based on my real family so I will always play them. I've been playing that save file since a month after the game released. I watched my boyfriend play "us" for a month before I decided to get the game too because I knew I could play "us" much better :p
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yup, me. My main save is the first one I ever started and is the one I am playing now.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I am playing the Dexter's who I did a A-Z Generation in sims 3. I made it to Z for Zack just as the Sims 4 came out and recreated them in Sims 4 when it first came out. I started with the Dexter's in Sims 4 as the great, great, great etc. Grandson of the founder of the Dexter's. I have rules for them, Everyone must have the Love the Outdoors trait, only 1 child per generation, must be a boy, and everyone lives in the same house, no one moves out. They can move to other houses in other worlds, but they cannot move out. I love playing with them this way, but might change the must be a boy to either.
    I do play others for a change once in awhile. I love the Dexter's and enjoy playing with them. Funny how we get caught up with one family we love playing. So the family continues.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    I bought my game five months after the release (started with the free trial). My first created sims aged up quite a bit when I was playing my second household because I didn't know how to handle the age settings. They had a daughter, but some time ago I removed her from my rotation. So for my first family the answer is no. I never got really attached to them, but I've been thinking about giving them a second chance in another save.

My second family was a single woman who got knocked up by Don Lothario. Their daughter then had twin girls who I still play. They are elder now and have kids of their own. I'm sad that they're so old, because I would like to keep them around.

Edit: Thought I should add that I'm still playing the same save that I started with the trial. I play it rotationally and aging on, so that explains why my first sims aren't around anymore.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I haven't kept the same one coz i have had to switch computers
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
    I bought my game five months after the release (started with the free trial). My first created sims aged up quite a bit when I was playing my second household because I didn't know how to handle the age settings. They had a daughter, but some time ago I removed her from my rotation. So for my first family the answer is no. I never got really attached to them, but I've been thinking about giving them a second chance in another save.

My second family was a single woman who got knocked up by Don Lothario. Their daughter then had twin girls who I still play. They are elder now and have kids of their own. I'm sad that they're so old, because I would like to keep them around.

I save households before each life stage, so I can use them young again in another save if I wish.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • bethlebellebethlebelle Posts: 139 Member
    Whenever I create a household I'm always like 'right, yeah, gonna be playing this one from now until Sims 5,' but I usually never get past generation 3 or 4. Eventually the save file just becomes a little cluttered and because I use mods sometimes things glitch up. I also just plain tend to get bored and fancy a fresh start after so many generations.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Yes I have. Just the other day I looked through some of the sims I uploaded to the gallery and I grabbed a family out and I took them a man and wife to cas and gave them an updated look and put them in the game. So Ive been playing them and some other households I made a long time ago.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Wow, you peeps have staying power! I've started so many new games/sims/families that I've lost count.
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    edited July 2016
    Nice everyone... keep it coming, those legacy households from start, they're are nice!!!!
    Post edited by JasonRMJ on

edited July 2016
    Wow, you peeps have staying power! I've started so many new games/sims/families that I've lost count.

Rotational play helps me a lot with this.

If I feel like starting something new, then I simply start a new household on a new or empty lot. This makes my previously played sims the townies then which I quite like. I have my simself as a townie so I see myself up to something from time to time.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    I've played a household since Get to Work came out. Currently on my 6th generation.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I have one save with ageing off and it is basically the first one I played. (When I first got the game I made a few Sims, but never really got the hang of the whole thing and so I abandoned that save.) I go back to this original save every now and then and play different households. I think it contains about 20 more or less active households in various stages. If you go to the Favourite Screenshot thread you can see one of the latest households I've "revived" and started playing again.

I create new saves for challenges and other things I want to try out temporarily, plus one for building.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Yeah I have a save that I started pretty much as soon as I got the game, oddly enough though I'm still on the second generation. Maybe it's because I play on long lifespan? I also used a couple of youth potions to keep them all young so I could complete all the collections and get them to the tops of their careers.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @elanorbreton same here.. I always seem to start new saves with new families
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I'm playing remakes of my TS2 families (6 main families, 5 generations in), which I started in 2006. This has become a bit of a lifetime passion project. :D
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member

Rotational play helps me a lot with this.

If I feel like starting something new, then I simply start a new household on a new or empty lot. This makes my previously played sims the townies then which I quite like. I have my simself as a townie so I see myself up to something from time to time.

This is how it stays interesting for me too. Lots of different sims focusing on lots of different things. And it's fun to see how the different families affect each other over time.
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    edited July 2016
    Also rotational play is fun, but very frustrating because your created sims can flirt other sims which causes unwanted affairs, you need this mod called MC command to stop those licentious affair for ever happening, this type of drama is just too much!

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I still play a Save since March 2015, and my sims have just always evolved over time.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    Yep, still play with the same familie since 4 september 2014

q3J5rsd.jpg
    08UVVLn.jpg
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I am up to generation 27. I made my first couple in the demo CAS for Sims4, when I got the game I put them in ... 27 generations later and here I am.
  • gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I didn't really get into TS4 until GTW came out, but I'm still playing the same family! I'm on generation 3 (not including the "founders") - I play on a long lifespan, with aging often turned off, and rotate between the households. :)

Here are my "founders", Angie and Josh Mills (the same couple I play with through every Sims game). They're both deceased now, obviously. I have them, along with other family members, in a family cemetery.
    nvy6iu.png
    2lbp7y9.png

The first generation (or second, if you count the founders as the first). In order of birth... (not going to post their spouses, this post is picture-heavy as it is).
    Luke Mills (deceased, married to Aria Lofton-Mills, if you watch Deligracy's Twins LP)
    2vhwy78.png
    Alice Mills-Hunter (deceased, married to Addy Hunter, a Sim from the Gallery)
    2pyzt44.png
    Francine Mills (alive, married to Bob Pancakes)
    2lc8m87.png
    Sawyer Mills (mother is Senior Pollination Technician #3 - Josh was abducted! Deceased, married to Zoe Patel)
    23usbdl.png

The second generation:
    Luke's kids -
    Ashton Mills (alive, married to Brandie Mills, a townie)
    148eucn.png
    Caleb Mills (alive, dating Morgan Fyres)
    2ih2olc.png

Alice's kids -
    Quinn Mills-Hunter (alive, dating Violet Meadow, created by Deligracy)
    35lakv7.png

Francine's kids -
    Skylar Mills (alive, engaged to Katie Caliente - Dina Caliente and Gavin Richards' daughter)
    24ooqs2.png
    Oliver Mills (alive, dating Hugo Villareal)
    vqs74x.png
    Ethan Mills (alive, single, twin to Josie)
    65z9j8.png
    Josie Mills (alive, dating Lucas Munch, twin to Ethan)
    9sh1n6.png

The third generation:
    Ashton's kids -
    Nate Mills
    Lane Mills

Josie's kids -
    unborn baby or babies

No pictures of the third generation for the family tree yet, just screenshots :)
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I've only played one family in Sims 4. I also made my founder in the CAS demo. I'm only at generation 8 though.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I've only played one family in Sims 4. I also made my founder in the CAS demo. I'm only at generation 8 though.

Just wanted to say I have always found your avatar so pretty!
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Between the bugs from patches, the glitches, the game repairs and all the rest I've lost count of how many households I've started. Besides I play with aging on and if somebody dies I just roll with it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright