Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to roll back your save

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    So Rosemow what your saying is move the save folder to the desktop and start a new game which will generate a new save folder then move those saves into the new folder right?

I need to roll back a save.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    So Rosemow what your saying is move the save folder to the desktop and start a new game which will generate a new save folder then move those saves into the new folder right?

I need to roll back a save.

Hello
    To roll back a save, find in the saves folder the slot number version of the save game that you want to roll back . Once you have found that save game file, move to your desk top the version of that slot number that just ends in.save
    Then remove the .ver0 from the end of the save game file that has the same slot number as the one that you just moved . It should now just end in .save Then start the game, go to the load button ( that has the picture of the floppy disc)in the main screen , press the load button , then click on your save game and see if your game is back to the earlier version .
  • Nick98Nick98 Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried your method and it worked, kind of. Every time I copy the saved slot and go to load up the game it shows that the name has been changed but when I load it up it doesn't take me to the saved file that has been deleted. It loads me to the previous file that I played instead of the deleted one. What am I doing wrong?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Nick98 wrote: »
    I tried your method and it worked, kind of. Every time I copy the saved slot and go to load up the game it shows that the name has been changed but when I load it up it doesn't take me to the saved file that has been deleted. It loads me to the previous file that I played instead of the deleted one. What am I doing wrong?

Hello.
    Is the deleted file still in your saves folder, and is that the file that you renamed the ending to end in .save?
    The file that you renamed .save will be the one that appears in the load menu , that you can choose to load.
  • itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    Two years later, and your post is still saving games. Thank you so much!
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    That's good to hear. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • amberthezombieamberthezombie Posts: 214 Member
    Thanks for this I nearly just lost like 2 years of playing on my legacy challenge lol
    Thanks for this I nearly just lost like 2 years of playing on my legacy challenge lol

Oh wow.

You should also back up your files yourself for good measure. Who knows?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    I just had to roll back as my toddler woke up and got out of bed on the wrong side, through a wall and ended up in the elevator shaft! I thought I was going to have to start over. Thank you so much for this tutorial on rolling back a save! :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    halfnotes9 wrote: »
    I just had to roll back as my toddler woke up and got out of bed on the wrong side, through a wall and ended up in the elevator shaft! I thought I was going to have to start over. Thank you so much for this tutorial on rolling back a save! :)

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad this is here for you, then. (Though I'd love to see screenshots!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @luthienrising well, I went back in and all looked well, but at one of my beach/park lots all the surrounding trees, flowers etc. that are EA initiated were missing...any ideas???
    @luthienrising I changed my profile pic to the screenshot for you!
    @luthienrising I changed my profile pic to the screenshot for you!

That's a bit terrifying! Really not sure about that error, though. I'd suggest trying a "Game Repair" in Origin. If that doesn't help, start a separate thread.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @luthienrising I already tried the game repair. Every time there's an update, or new install I have trouble....It seems to happen when the bed is next to a wall and I move furniture in build mode. They crawl out of the bed on the wrong side. I've had this happen before, but in a house I can delete the wall and put it back. This is the elevator shaft so I can't fix it... :(
    @luthienrising Sorry to keep bothering you, but I tried the roll back again and I think it worked! I think I just forgot the trees and plants take time to grow...lol :) my bad...
    @luthienrising Sorry to keep bothering you, but I tried the roll back again and I think it worked! I think I just forgot the trees and plants take time to grow...lol :) my bad...

Awesome! Next you can move that bed away from the wall ;):smiley:
    @luthienrising LOL Already did move it! Thanks again! Happy Dance!! :)
  • CatFlapCatFlap Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you so muck you're a life saver
    CatFlap wrote: »
    Thank you so muck you're a life saver

No problem :)

• Stealthy_SephoraStealthy_Sephora Posts: 26 Member
    So these saves don't help if you haven't manually saved the game at some point, right?

I just spent the whole day fishing in various areas to complete the collection. I went home and when placing a metal on the floor it went into the tiny space of the wall. I went to build mode, removed the wall and there it was. But the game froze and crashed.

I checked the files and my last save and last auto save, are from last night. I lost everything I did today, correct? I could cry. I don't understand how this game doesn't auto save when you zone to another area.
    So these saves don't help if you haven't manually saved the game at some point, right?

I just spent the whole day fishing in various areas to complete the collection. I went home and when placing a metal on the floor it went into the tiny space of the wall. I went to build mode, removed the wall and there it was. But the game froze and crashed.

I checked the files and my last save and last auto save, are from last night. I lost everything I did today, correct? I could cry. I don't understand how this game doesn't auto save when you zone to another area.

Sorry, but no, there's no timed autosave, and the autosave isn't triggered all that often. I do a lot of saving just to be sure (every Sim day, generally, and now and then if I'm spending a long time in build mode, since you can save from there - wish I could in CAS too!). There's also an autosave option in MC Command Center, and if you don't use that mod, I think there's another autosave mod that's not broken.
  • Stealthy_SephoraStealthy_Sephora Posts: 26 Member
    Thanks. That's what I thought. I never had the game crash on me before, I'll be sure to save often after this.

I'm going to chalk it up to Groundhog Day (the movie) and repeat the day, though it was an in game week.

Oh well.
  • TragicClownTragicClown Posts: 58 Member
    Thank you This worked for me cause at one point i had a Issue With Getting my Sims Out of a bug in the Lot
  • candydreams9candydreams9 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi,

I accidentally deleted the only save I have in the game. All the autosaves are from today, when I accidentally deleted it, but there is one from the 31st of January with .ver0 at the end of the file name. I keep trying to rename the .save and replace it with the one from the 31st, but every time I go to open my game they go back to what they originally were named. I do not have a "Load Game" option on my game anymore because I deleted the one save I had. Is there anything that I can do?
    Hi,

I accidentally deleted the only save I have in the game. All the autosaves are from today, when I accidentally deleted it, but there is one from the 31st of January with .ver0 at the end of the file name. I keep trying to rename the .save and replace it with the one from the 31st, but every time I go to open my game they go back to what they originally were named. I do not have a "Load Game" option on my game anymore because I deleted the one save I had. Is there anything that I can do?

What exactly did you rename the save file? It should end in the number then .save - nothing else