Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eating out takes way too long!

It's ridiculously long how long it takes for a sim to eat a meal and even worse with the dining out expansion. A single course meal with a drink takes almost 2 hours for them to get served after making their order. Then as well as talking with every sim in the entire restaurant making them stop eating for long periods of time it takes another good 2 hours for them to finish eating up. Add desert and that one meal took them a grand total of 8 hours!

At home I watched as a sim took 45 minutes to eat an omelette whilst chatting with her husband in front of the telly. In what part in the world does it take 45 minutes to eat an omelette? What was that omelette made with, dinosaur eggs?

The time to eat and drink really does need to be retuned because it's just taking far too long.

Comments

• WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    I didn't play Dine Out, but the sloth-speed way the sims eat in the sims 4 is one of the things I hate about the game. I almost cryed of joy returning to the sims 3, were sims eat at a semi-normal speed.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Eating and drinking does take a long time in ts4.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited July 2016
    It seems to be a multitasking issue. When I had a single sim just eat it wouldn't take too long, but if they were listening to music, watching TV, talking in a group, etc it took forever cause of the long pauses between bites.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This is what puts me off going to the restaurant. If only we were allowed to slow the speed of the clock.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    less multitasking, more food shoved in their gob!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    If I grab a waitress as soon as my Sim is seated then they do get their order pretty fast. If I wait for one to come to the table then everyone else already has their order in. So, I immediately order for my Sims before anyone else can sit down. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I honestly believe this is due to multitasking. It is like your Sim is constantly looking for something else to do while eating. If you have a sculpture on the table, there is a good chance they will be viewing it while eating. I thought multitasking was intended to enhance gameplay but it seems to have slowed things down and caused issues like musical chairs.

I personally like that eating is slowed down. In Sims 3, by the time dinner was served and the server grabbed a plate those eating were done before the server sat down at the table. It sort of killed the whole family dinner vibe.

To me the Sim clock has always been an issue even in Sims 3. I do think it was easier to manage in Sims 3 because of the open world but I found getting around the world could take 1-2 Sims hours. I would love a clock slider bar so I could adjust how fast time moves in my game.
  • Linabelina360Linabelina360 Posts: 362 Member
    It's ridiculously long how long it takes for a sim to eat a meal and even worse with the dining out expansion. A single course meal with a drink takes almost 2 hours for them to get served after making their order. Then as well as talking with every sim in the entire restaurant making them stop eating for long periods of time it takes another good 2 hours for them to finish eating up. Add desert and that one meal took them a grand total of 8 hours!

At home I watched as a sim took 45 minutes to eat an omelette whilst chatting with her husband in front of the telly. In what part in the world does it take 45 minutes to eat an omelette? What was that omelette made with, dinosaur eggs?

The time to eat and drink really does need to be retuned because it's just taking far too long.

Lol yeah. My sim went out on a date with her boyfriend. He asked her to go to a restaurant at 8 in the morning. They finally finished eating at 12 at night... not exaggerating, because they talked so much, I didn't realize how much time was actually going by and they ended up eating one meal for over 16 hrs.... unrealistic much.

(Although I have to admit that being able to talk to someone for that long and forgetting about how much time is passing is pretty romantic XD They must have been meant for each other.)
    tumblr_n9ycvbU66h1tv6zypo1_500.gif
    The heart can't beat with out a rhythm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    This got super ridiculous today. Friend calls at 8:00am wanting to eat out so I went to the restaurant with her. By the time they got to making their order it was 10am. Waiter left the table at 10:20am. He then spent the majority of the morning wandering around picking stuff up and making it vanish and dropping dirty plates all over the place before picking them up again and putting them away. 12:45am I just gave up the table and sent my sim home to get lunch instead.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    This is what puts me off going to the restaurant. If only we were allowed to slow the speed of the clock.

Yeah, I think I would like more management over time as well. When you have Sims dine out at a restaurant, it's literally an all-day-affair. You go to the restaurant at 8AM, and by the time you finish, it's around 5PM, maybe later.

It would be awesome if we could get the option to pause the clock, yet still have simulation running. We would have so much more control over our games, and I know this would be very helpful to me.
  • LMJLMJ Posts: 161 Member
    Mine must be the only one with no problems at restaurants.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2016
    LMJ wrote: »
    Mine must be the only one with no problems at restaurants.

Wait until the chef is a noob and the waitress drops food every time. It depends on who is actually running a NPC restaurant. ETA: Once those faster more experienced townies gets culled you will see new ones, who don't know anything and it will take forever. I have some good places to go that I built but left it to NPCs to run and some of the Maxis ones, which overtime they gain more experience but they all eventually get culled.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    Sometimes my sims can get out of the restaurant and be fully fed in 2 hours then sometimes I get the restaurant visits that last over 8 hours which can be annoying I had one sim go out with her friends for a breakfast 8am and once they ended it was 5 pm in game and somehow my sim was still really hungry after the meal from how long it took
  • RisakishoRisakisho Posts: 52 Member
    Yes they take a long time which irritates me lol it takes about two sim hours for them to eat. They spend more time looking at the wall than actually eating.
    b8EQfn6.gif
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If I grab a waitress as soon as my Sim is seated then they do get their order pretty fast. If I wait for one to come to the table then everyone else already has their order in. So, I immediately order for my Sims before anyone else can sit down. lol
    I can wait even 2 hrs waiting but the problem is that mostly, the waiters drop the food down to the floor just before serving food after 2hrs waiting and then another 2 hrs waiting I'm pretty sure!! I canceled all orders immediately.