Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimsVIP's Interview with Lyndsay Pearson on developing TS4

I don't know if this has been posted here already but I thought this was an interesting read !
It was pretty in-depth too, didn't really expect that.

http://simsvip.com/2016/07/13/behind-scenes-lyndsay-pearson-developing-sims-4/
tumblr_ooxzckCNc51wnigpko1_500.gif

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Oooohohohohoooooo. Lemme Read.

giphy.gif

I think @SimGuruDrake should sticky this ^^
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Very good interview and a pleasant read.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    That was an enjoyable and informative read, thank you for sharing this with us! :)
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Is there a tl;dr? I don't like her site.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2016
    Is there a tl;dr? I don't like her site.

@poisonedsodapop Here's the whole interview.
    Post edited by Sk8rblaze on
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    @Sk8rblaze Greatly appreciate it!
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    great read! its nice to have someone working in development/production elaborate more on how they approach creating new stuff for the game
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Really interesting interview !
  • UnrealnyUnrealny Posts: 194 Member
    Sims in Space EP confirmed :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SimmerLove99SimmerLove99 Posts: 34 Member
    I agree with you @crinrict
    It's not the right thing to do. If you don't want to go on her site then you miss out on the interview. It's not like there wasn't a link provided.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Unrealny wrote: »
    Sims in Space EP confirmed :P
    LOL I wish. Sixam might be the closest thing to it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I wasn't sure if I could post the whole interview on here, but thanks @Sk8rblaze !
    And @poisonedsodapop neither do I, both in terms of layout and content, which is why the interview surprised me even more.

I actually don't think it's something you should do. If you wanna read it, go to her site (even if you don't like it). SimsVIP made the interview for her site and I really think it's not a decent thing to just c/p everything (even if you give a source).

It's a bit like everyone screaming that people re-upload their stuff to the exchange/gallery.

That's just my opinion though.

Agreed. When someone works hard for something, they shouldn't be belittled. That site, like many others, works hard to give news and information to EVERYONE. They should be respected for their individual contributions.
    @Yoko2112 I think it's a matter of morality rather than regulations.

Either way, the interview was okay. I always love seeing things from a background perspective but I wish we could have learned more about upcoming content. But isn't that always the case? XD
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited July 2016
    I wasn't sure if I could post the whole interview on here, but thanks @Sk8rblaze !
    And @poisonedsodapop neither do I, both in terms of layout and content, which is why the interview surprised me even more.

I actually don't think it's something you should do. If you wanna read it, go to her site (even if you don't like it). SimsVIP made the interview for her site and I really think it's not a decent thing to just c/p everything (even if you give a source).

It's a bit like everyone screaming that people re-upload their stuff to the exchange/gallery.

Yeah, that's what I thought and why I only posted the link in the first place. But since Sk8rblaze came in and just copy pasted it, and no one said anything about it for a while I thought it was apparently an ok thing to do, I'm sorry for condoning it.

You did good.

And I felt the need to step up, so I did :D
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• VibseVibse Posts: 100 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Oooohohohohoooooo. Lemme Read.

giphy.gif

I think @SimGuruDrake should sticky this ^^

I just had to quote this and say that guy has been in some of my favourite Danish movies.

I will have to read later when I have more time though
    Origin ID: Vibse83
    The Jensen family tree
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited July 2016
    I read a couple of questions and then I had to stop reading because the interview is so staged, edulcorated, and it just sounds like a big marketing thing to me.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2016

Both parties are getting their publicity, and I have not taken any credit for it. :smile:
    I read a couple of questions and then I had to stop reading because the interview is so staged, edulcorated, and it just sounds like a big marketing thing to me.

Unfortunately, some questions just aren't allowed to be asked/answered. All the questions I want answered would be restricted, that's for sure. XD
  • CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    I love Lyndsay! She's so sweet! I'm really happy she is still a part of the Sims team.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Both parties are getting their publicity, and I have not taken any credit for it. :smile:

You're taking away traffic from her site which could mean real ad money being taken away.

This isn't about credits.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial