Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Career Progression

Hiya,

I have 3 sims (one in school, Law Enforcement and Medical Career) that are not gaining career progression, all metrics are Green and they still suffer from Working Hard, benefit from taking it easy but the progression bar does not go up and they do not get raises/career progressions.

It also doesn't have the Upwards facing Green arrow in the action to signify being at work.

Can anyone advise? I have tried resetting them.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Are you still using NRaas mods as you once were or is this now a modless game?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    Hiya,

This is on different PC at my other home (much better than the one I was having issues with that you helped with!), it has no mods and no CC.
    Okay, that's good news overall I suppose but without mods there really isn't much you can do here with stuck career performance.

You might try this: retreat to Edit Town. Evict your entire household to the side of the screen, copy their uninhabited residence down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move them all back in without having left the screen. That might be enough of a household reset to unstick things.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hmm, that didn't work, but I've just moved my sim's daughter who's now an Adult, I'll see what happens when she goes to work.

She's also having a problem marrying her boyfriend (Who was her boyfriend when she was a teen), they currently live together and I have made sure they both have no Romantic Interests, were at the highest level of attraction in their Romantic Interactions. I've tried breaking them up, waiting the period, but now I can't even propose to go steady to get back to where they are.

Any thoughts?

Edit: The career thing is fixed for the daughter at in her new home! Thanks for the help.
    Some sims, for reasons no one has ever been able to figure out, are more resistant to progressing a romantic relationship to the next level when they already live together. You could have tried adding more in-game things to overcome this barrier, whatever is causing it, such as LTRs (Master of Seduction, Attractive, etc.) but of course that could have unwanted affects with respect to other sims. You could also have tried more short-term options like romantic drinks, cinnamon, and elixirs if you have the relevant EPs.

Or you could have tried moving the bf out into his own home temporarily (an empty lot even) to see if that would have helped.

Now that they are ex's, it might be more difficult. But you did use the Let's Just Be Friends interaction to break them up? Maybe the Clean Slate LTR would be in order at this point.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!