Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    has anyone suggested that they bring in like a tantrum emotion or like different emotions to signal a tantrum. for example, Teens in ts3 would wake up with a mood swing and would want to do crazy things all day. How about they make something similar but with an emotional sense. Like make an announcement say, "Uh oh looks like (insert toddler name) is having a tantrum today", and have it where they experience several emotions within the first 24 hours like angry so the toddler may be getting into mischief or sad so he may cry about every little thing tat one point. I say this because there are days when my 3 year old is just happy and playful and other days where hes just terrible. I feel like the emotional system would work well with toddlers having tempter tantrums or any other type of tantrum.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,967 Member
    If we get toddlers... They could make play telephones, baby dolls, and little stuffed animals for them to carry around and talk to for the social skill, Plastic toddler children's books would be something cute to include and could be put in the bookcase. I would love to see the xylophone return for one of the creative skills. I would like to see blocks, and possibly duplo ( toddler lego's) for the mental skill. I would also like to see lego's for children, and baby dolls.
  • TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    has anyone mentioned a bottle warming option? thought that'd be a cute idea.
  • tasteofsweetnesstasteofsweetness Posts: 131 Member
    The toddlers should be able to play in kiddie pools, like they have in Sims Freeplay. I dunno if it's possible for the animation but, I've been using pools a lot in my game lately ;)

I really hope they do add tots!
    tumblr_nm1mkrBH4m1ruagyno5_1280.jpg

~tasteofsweetness - Living the Simming Life since late 2000 Sims 3~
    Christmas Cheer ~ Holiday Vibes

• WolffyWolffy Posts: 71 Member
    How about a plain old cardboard box that can become a house, castle or rocket ship when a toddler plays with it? Yet all the adults see is a plain old cardboard box. :D
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Wolffy wrote: »
    How about a plain old cardboard box that can become a house, castle or rocket ship when a toddler plays with it? Yet all the adults see is a plain old cardboard box. :D

all toddlers and kids need for the cardboard box is giphy.gif
    but that would be awesome
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    This thread gives me life. Please EA, make it happen :\
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm curious what is going to distinguish toddlers. I mean I think it is really cool having the possibility of imagination being apart of the child life stage, so makes me wonder if the imagination will be apart of the toddler life stage too and will there be something else to distinguish them as a life stage?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    Toddlers should have the "Turn on TV" option and also they should be able to use the computer/tablet/phone. Funny thing I have 4yr who can do all of this easily without knowing how do read. She can browse through Netflix, select any game, and use the tv.
    Toddlers should have the "Turn on TV" option and also they should be able to use the computer/tablet/phone. Funny thing I have 4yr who can do all of this easily without knowing how do read. She can browse through Netflix, select any game, and use the tv.
    I have a 1 year old nephew who already knows how to turn on and off the TV and tries to get to electronic devices. It's scary how tech savvy the younger generation is getting.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited July 2016
    Pushy-toddler-denied.gif
    tumblr_muqfr5dgBC1s96utdo1_250.gif[kid-pulling-cat-into-bathtub.gif
    Evil_740955_1590808.gif
    anigif_enhanced-31067-1414325292-1.gif
    anigif_enhanced-tumblr_naun18gp9b1qck0ryo1_500.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    You-have-built--entertainment-all-times.gif
    You-have-built--entertainment-all-times.gif
    rs_500x298-150922131802-Full_House_gif2.gif
    31067-1414325292-1.gif
    funniest-kid-gifs-stair-wizard.gif
    toddler-in-toilet.gif
    funny-kids-gif-dancing-table.gif
    giphy.gif
    willie-wildcat-kicks-baby.gif
    9d097f0f277264edf9e9767b1cafffa5.gif
    toddler.gif
    Toddler-Sniper.gif
    bhakti-3.gif
    6d45049ee615c1b9b67937ad7b6c1e38.gif
    giphy.gif

Sorry if some gifs are duplicates (silly phone)
  • WitchirisWitchiris Posts: 67 Member
    Definitely would like to see a playpen and the block/craft table that the toddlers and kids could play at. Along with toddler books, and maybe some other kind of toys/books to increase skills, like painting or charisma. The ability for toddlers to get out of cribs and highchair on their own. The supposedly could get out their crib in sims 2, but I never saw it. I would like the sims to be able to learn to better parents, or read on how to take care of babies and toddlers better like the did in sims 2. I can't remember how many times I walked away from my game for a few minutes with the game running only for for a nanny to be called or social services to show up. I definitely want smarter sims parents, or a skill for them to be better parents.
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    Oh please let these come to the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I've only been able to skim this thread, so I'm not sure if what I'm about to say has already been brought up.

Toddlers need to have toddler proportions! The thing that I really found the least likable about Sim toddlers is that they didn't look like toddlers at all. Their limbs, especially the legs, were just too long and slim. It always gave me an uneasy feeling -- as if I were playing with little adults, pretending to be toddlers.

The features that distinguish toddlers and children are very...well... distinct. I found that those were missing in previous iterations of The Sims. If toddlers don't look like toddlers, for me, some of the joy is diminished.

Please, please make the effort to create realistic-looking toddlers. I'd be so grateful.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Cynna wrote: »
    I've only been able to skim this thread, so I'm not sure if what I'm about to say has already been brought up.

Toddlers need to have toddler proportions! The thing that I really found the least likable about Sim toddlers is that they didn't look like toddlers at all. Their limbs, especially the legs, were just too long and slim.
    It always gave me an uneasy feeling -- as if I were playing with little adults, pretending to be toddlers.

The features that distinguish toddlers and children are very...well... distinct. I found that those were missing in previous iterations of The Sims. If toddlers don't look like toddlers, for me, some of the joy is diminished.

Please, please make the effort to create realistic-looking toddlers. I'd be so grateful.

I agree. Maybe toddlers should be a bit more chubbier (I don't mind skinny or fat toddlers at all!). The height was perfect though. Maybe toddlers should have weight sliders as well?

I felt previous toddlers represented older toddlers (3-4...my 4yr is chunky and pretty heavy and I mean very heavy), but acted like 7-month-old inafnts (I'm around one!). Toddlers should be well balanced (already now how to walk when the age but can still crawl). They should be exactly like Sims Freeplay toddlers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puYvT3Q2ho4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1sXNG1gSH4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eTilDgL8Ug
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfSU7G5iYQ8
    Toddler Interactions

1. When toddlers do something wrong (being rude to adults, picking/fighting with older/younger siblings, or being messy around the house), they should apologize with remorse.
    2. Toddlers can either get scolded or praised by an older sibling (child+) or an adult. Scolding toddler will result in crying. To fix this, you must console with the toddler to make them feel better. For an example:

-Toddler A gets scolded at older child sibling B for breaking his toys. Toddler A starts shedding in tears and Child B starts to console with A.

mother-comforting-crying-girl-CRBTX5.jpg
    mother-consoling-her-crying-child-A0F1EM.jpg
    boy-consoling-crying-sister-C1YTP0.jpg
    woman-in-her-30s-comforting-3-year-old-daughter-D295TM.jpg
    562481635.jpg

This can happen with anyone really.

Toddlers should get into fights with each other and older sims lol

edited July 2016
  • meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    I just relized why I am so bored with the sims 4.... I remember now that I have never aged anyone past young adult. None of my sims ever died of old age. I would play the lovers have a nay age them to a toddler and "train the toddlers. Then when they grew up perfect and with most of their skills (skills which they could build) maxed out I would save and move on to the next family and either make toddlers or train any toddlers on the lot.
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • NatachaNatacha Posts: 64 Member
    I dont know if this has already been suggested (this thread is LONG)
    But i would love to see toddlers also being able to be skinny, chubby and a little to big! Like the adults, YA etc.
    So if you feed your toddler a lot, give them to much cake, junk food and so on you would end up having a little chubby toddler. :p
    *Cuteness overload imagening chubby toddlers eating cake*
  • skyeskraperskyeskraper Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm back with a few more ideas

1. Sims can take selfies with the toddlers. They can also have a photo shoot for them where they can do cute little poses and have their photos framed, they can also join in family photos where the whole family is photographed together and there can be special family photo poses.
    2. toddlers becoming sick
    -having the choice of taking them to the doctors and having them get a flu shot where they will be cured the next day. option #2 where you can give them medicine at home in in two to three days they will be cured. Option #3 not giving them any medicine at all and they are cured naturally in four to five days so it takes their little bodies longer to get over the illness.
    -toddlers can throw up anywhere which means a clean up job for the older sims. If Children and older sims get sick and throw up they will go for the toilet which means only the toilet will need to be cleaned.
    3. Toddler come home from preschool with special crafts that they did there as well as little captions saying how they did that day based on the mood they were in when they went to school.
    4. a board that has a chalkboard on one side and a paint board on the other to enhance their motor/logic skills as well as bring up their fun. they can paint/draw shapes, numbers, letters and various other images.
    -being able to sign your toddler up for ballet or gymnastics to help enhance motor skills. this can be extended to children and teens as well with after school activities such as sports, dance, swim team, chess, and debate club.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Since we now have Nannies and Mannies in the game, and hopefully toddlers are coming when they are ready. :)
  • JulinhoXD2001JulinhoXD2001 Posts: 141 Member
    edited July 2016
    100th pages from this Discussion and any toddlers! :(
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Have an animation where a Toddler grabs onto a Sim's foot and they either try to shake them off or just keep walking?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I didn't read through the whole thread, so some of what I post may be repeated. I would love to see more interactions between family members. Like toddlers and kids and toddlers and teens. I would love more sibling interactions... like teasing, hugging, playing games like patty cake. I miss just family interactions in general. I would love to see cribs and toddler beds. More toys for toddlers. Toddlers being mischievous and getting into things. Maybe walkers, bouncers, and more interactions between toddlers and babies too. Where the adult holders the toddler over the cradle and the baby waves to their new sister or brother. I want to feel like my sims are a family and that they interact like a family would.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • TooCruel4SchoolTooCruel4School Posts: 34 Member
    These are all amazing suggestions. Let's just hope they weren't all made in vain. :s