Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims game is the best?

Comments

• LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    The "Sims" games in general are the best game. :wink::lol:
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    The Sims 3 wins the cake for me. :) I like the open world, rabbitholes (people complain, but they've truly always been there..) and moveable babies. But what really takes the cake?
    ALL THOSE CARS! MWAH :*
  • enterprise1927enterprise1927 Posts: 32 Member
    Sims 3 is best.
    Sims 1 is glorious at it's time.
    Sims 2 can't say because I never play it.
    Sims 4 ... $uck in my opinion. Just like Simcity 2013.
    i9-9900K @ 5Ghz core / 4.7Ghz uncore
    16GB Dual Ranks Hynix AFR @ 3500Mhz 16-18-18-36-2T
    ASRock Z370 Taichi
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 @ 2126Mhz core / 12600Mhz mem
    Transcend 220S 1TB NVME SSD / 4TB Seagate HDD
    Corsair HX 750W
    Custom water cooling
    NZXT H440
    Acer XR341CK 3440x1440 75Hz G-Sync compatible

• krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    The sims 3 is my favorite, there is so much to do if you have some expansion packs, or even just the base game.
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    TS2.

bloody characters
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ANIMALadorerANIMALadorer Posts: 64 Member
    The Sims 3
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    sims 2. They made me laugh, cry and adore them.. I miss the sims from 2. Wish 4 would have gotten it right. Hated 3. The only nice thing about 3 was the open world. Hated story progression. I do like the feature in 4 where sims will age up but with a option of turning it off. now if they give back the sims from 2 with open worlds and the feature from 4 this old time player from the begining would be happy!!!!
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    The Sims 2 is my favorite and still is my favorite.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sims 2 will always be my favorite, but 4 comes second and I'm interested to see where it goes.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    As of right now, I'd say The Sims 2. It was an amazing sequel and the expansion packs were really great, all of them. I love it because it has everything and many Sim interactions that make it so special.

When TS4 came out I always said that my favorite was The Sims 3 but going back to it, it's too slow and heavy to enjoy it. I love it, but I've gotten used to The Sims 4, which I love right now.

It's a really hard decision, though, they're all great. I have so many memories of playing TS1 and TS2 for hours.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited July 2016
    it would be easier to tell which is the worst :smirk:

& i think it will be very unfair to TS1, because most of today's players didn't play it at all

for me there is no best sims game, they have all their strong & weak sides

TS1 is untouchable, without its success there wouldn't have been any more sims games
    TS2 has the richest gameplay, the most aware sims & is the most complete as a life simulation
    TS3 is a beast of content but trunkated in two important areas, apartments & business, incl restaurants
    TS4 has the prettiest sims & easiest build mode but its gameplay is beyond lacking, it's the most boring & incomplete of them all & thus the worst :smirk:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @annarbolton
    im sorry to derail this thread but im not able to post new threads on the forum yet...I need help installing the sims 1 complete collection..i installed it but every time I click to play it a message pops up that says "fatal error" the default graphics card doesn't support thousands of colors. Exit now" could someone please try to help me or direct me to where I could get help... I really wanna play the sims 1

if you have windows 7 then this is your thread - Windows 7 players who can't get Sims 1 to play again...solution! <<<
    if you have windows 10 then maybe here - Windows 10 players solutions for sims 1 :) <<<

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • ANIMALSadorerANIMALSadorer Posts: 56 Member
    The Sims 3.
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    The sims 3. I love it in spite of all the bugs and routing issues. :D

o:)
  • PhilSimmerPhilSimmer Posts: 8 New Member
    THe Sims 2! <3
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The Sims 2 is my favourite and I think the best in the series.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited August 2016
    I really enjoyed Sims 2, but I spent most of my time in Photoshop so I could have more color options. (Seriously, you can't match the plumbing in the bathroom???)

So, Sims 3 was a wonderful break-through for me. I could change colors of everthing in game easily. (The drawback might be that there are too many options in CAStyle and CASim. It's a shame we can't delete some of those preloaded styles and clothes that we don't want in our games.)

Sims 4 quit being something to be excited about as soon as I learned there would be no CAS. I looked at the CAS demo and enjoyed being able to do more 3D manipulation, but not at the expensive of losing color options. I tried to make a sim (personality and goal) I would enjoy playing and found only one option that appealed to me at all.

I like customizing my environments. Color is important to me. Mismatched textures and colors on clothes and in homes are just, "NO! Thank you. Not for me."

I also like the lifetime wants and the traits. I can enjoy playing almost all the career options - self-employed or rabbit hole. I love jogging though town and stopping at different places on the way home from work.

Sims 3 and me... a solid match!
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2016
    Sims 2! It was the first sims game I ever played and I don't think anything can really beat it for me. TS4 is certainly a close second now since I've been playing it more but TS2 just has a certain charm to it that has been hard for me to find in other Sims games.
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Sims 2 was the best game for me because it had interesting stories built into the game both for each family and for the whole neighborhood. It came with 3 neighborhoods and each game in one of them could be expanded by an unlimited number of subhoods so we never ran out of space for adding new houses and families to our games. We controlled all the families and there were no culling or other attempts from the game to create events that we didn't want. To me this game only lacked in depth and a little more challenging gameplay because otherwise it was close to perfect.

Compared to Sims 2 all the other games just lack something:
    1. Sims 1 had no aging, ugly graphics and too tiresome gameplay.
    2. Sims 3 had an open world but for a terrible price. Suddenly we could only play one family, the neighborhood was way too small and couldn't be expanded by adding subhoods anymore. Besides that all the other families was only used to create an illusion of life in the neighborhood (which often had empty nightclubs anyway) and the story progression could destroy everything in those other families at random. World Adventures was a good EP though. But after this I soon stopped playing the game.
    3. Sims 4 was an attempt to repair some of the problems in Sims 3. But there no built-in stories and family play is dumped down by simplified babies, omitted toddlers and simplified (too high) teens. The neighborhoods are small so most of the sims are homeless and it has relationships and emotions which are created in no time at all. So it has no depth, is very superficial and is only for people (probably young teens) who only wants to have a liittle fun after using most of their time to create sims and to build houses. It's gameplay is much too superficial for me. So I don't play it anymore.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Sims 3, I think. Even though I've only played it about once, but I think it's best for authenticity and expansion packs from what I've heard and seen of it. Too bad it doesn't want to work on my computer...
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • BabyloveBabylove Posts: 66 Member
    The sims 3 vote for me! Better graphics, enjoyable expansion packs... I mean in the sims 2 you couldn't have an unicorn as a pet OR see the legendary kraken.
    a265r5laybyd.png
  • Alfie90Alfie90 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Sims 3, loved all the expansions and the cars
  • MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    It's hard to decide really, but I'll either have to go for Sims 2 or Sims 4. Personally, Sims 3 is great too, but it is unplayable for me due to the lag that I couldn't fix. So it's either Sims 2 or Sims 4, but for now.. I'll have to pick Sims 2.
  • Alfie90Alfie90 Posts: 1,477 Member
    @Babylove a unicorn as a pet?! Why have i never managed that haha
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    The best sims game will be the one that combines the heart and soulful sims from TS2 with the open world and creative tools from TS3.