Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A different perspective on playing The Sims 4 [Picture heavy]

Comments

• katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    Aww. I am really enjoying your family. ^-^
    Origin account: Vegeta_tales
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Love the story and the pictures! Very sweet family. Makes me want to do better with my families, especially with the sending them out on dates, playdates and the what not. Sometimes I get too focused on the skill grinding.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Lovely family. You have inspired me. I do have a question or two. Do you play on normal or long? I noticed you sent Kimberly to do yoga while the children were at school but what did you do with the rest of the family at other times, like date nights?
    Do you get constant pop ups about parties happening every night? I find I have less of those since I deleted everyone in Windenburg along with the party Venues.
    Since Anna has acomplished all her aspirations I feel like you must also do aspirations and job requirements, right?
    May I ask what traits your sims have. Do they have any purchased traits like steel bladder? My sims are never hungry at the same time or one needs to use the bathroom or needs a shower.
  • gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I love family play and play a rotational game now that I'm a few generations in, and this has inspired me so much! I love seeing these posts :)
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @AmyDames Thanks! :)

@charlotteprice Aw thanks! :)

@Ceres_Meiriona Thanks so much! It's my pleasure. :)

@Schantal I understand, to each their own. TS3 has SO many things I want in TS4. :)

@katrinakrakish Thanks! :)

@simesmerized Thank you! Playing families is SO fun and rewarding! :)

@gabrielle Aw thanks! :) Hope your game is going well!
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    Lovely family. You have inspired me. I do have a question or two. Do you play on normal or long? I noticed you sent Kimberly to do yoga while the children were at school but what did you do with the rest of the family at other times, like date nights?
    Do you get constant pop ups about parties happening every night? I find I have less of those since I deleted everyone in Windenburg along with the party Venues.
    Since Anna has acomplished all her aspirations I feel like you must also do aspirations and job requirements, right?
    May I ask what traits your sims have. Do they have any purchased traits like steel bladder? My sims are never hungry at the same time or one needs to use the bathroom or needs a shower.

@suzanna13 Thanks! :)

So, I play on long, yes. When I do date nights I usually get the kids into bed early. If I'm just sending, say, Kimberly and Anna to the park I make sure Ryan and Gary have high needs before I leave then I select "take care of self" option. To be fair I don't get as many invites as I used to so that's good. I do still get quite a few though (but they're usually to restaurants now) but I just ignore them and plan my own meet-ups.

Yeah, I play with aspirations and job requirements. The adults are pretty far on their aspirations and Gary is high up in his career. I don't purchase any traits no, I have never played with those. Anna is Creative, Ryan is Outgoing and Active, Kimberly is Family Oriented, Neat and Cheerful, Gary is Romantic, Foodie and Family Oriented. Sometimes it does get annoying with needing things at the same time but I have 2 toilets and I try to make them eat at the same time as a family. Hope this helps. :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @Schantal don't forget that a lot of those things for ts3 came in EPs. TS4 has only had 2 so far.

@Simanite I really enjoyed your latest instalment. Can they actually have promise rings? And renew vows? Or were those just pretend? There seem to be so many things I haven't discovered yet. And I had forgotten I have that pumpkin carver, I haven't even used it yet. I feel a Halloween party coming on in my game! :D

I hope you are going to continue to share the story <3
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Great family and a beautiful story. I also get why some simmers complain about there not being as much to do in TS4, but The Sims has always required the player to be creative and wanting to tell a story - that's pretty much in the spirit of its creator.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    @elanorbreton Yes they're both real! I love all those little bits. :) The only annoyance is you can't throw a party for wedding vow renewal, you can only throw a wedding party if you have engaged Sims in your household. So I had to just throw a house party and that means my guests wouldn't watch them renew their vows. :( So I had to stage it a little and have Anna form a group with all the guests and select "sit here together" on the chairs I'd placed. :lol: I had never used Spooky stuff before but I love it! You should try it definitely. I will and thanks! :heart:

@Netzspannung Thanks so much! I've always loved telling family stories with my Sims. :)
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    How do you manage all this? The pics make it seem so time intensive that you have to put into playing to get them.
    @catmando830 I hit pause A LOT. :lol:
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Nice pictures and family. I hope you continue to share more pictures.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    So glad you updated with your families progress. I'm loving this thread.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I am really enjoying your story! Can't wait to read more.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• TwiprinTwiprin Posts: 144 Member
    Love the thread! All the townies look great too. Do you mainly import sims you've made into the houses/sims from the gallery, or did you just get really lucky with how some of the other families turned out? :open_mouth:

Definitely inspiring. Can't wait to get my YA sim married/and/or with a kid to start venturing into this as well.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Cool story! This is how I'm playing my game currently. I also have my settings on long and I'm working on the third generation's skills. She currently has two best friends that are both boys and for now they all enjoy hanging out, but once they are teens I'll let her date whichever one she seems to have the most chemistry with. I'm also going to work on letting her parents have child #2, but right now I'm enjoying just playing with the three of them.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
    edited July 2016
    @Scobre Thank you! I plan to. :)

@altad1 Thanks! So glad you're enjoying it. :)

@aprilrose Thanks! So happy you're liking it. :)

@Twiprin Thank you! I have added 3 families to my town I created myself for my Sims to make friends with, so all their friends I made myself yeah. :) Playing families are so fun, you'll have a blast!

@Goth583 Thanks! And your game sounds awesome, hope you're having fun and that your girl picks the right guy for her. :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Your imagination is an asset to your game. However, at some point I'm going to have to see the actual simulation from them instead of leaving everything up to my imagination. For instance the kiss goodnight. At some point in this game's life I want to know they are actually kissing the child goodnight as they head off to bed. Just like in TS2 when mom consoled daughter there was any actual reason and it wasn't due to wanting to hug because they are happy. But loved your pictures. I am still waiting on simulation.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Cinebar I understand what you mean, TS2 did so much right. I hope TS5 is like it! Anyway, glad you liked my pictures and thanks. :)
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    I love this thread so much <3
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Loving this thread so, so, much! Simanite, is your family in the Gallery? And what's your Sims' last name?
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Your story is great! It makes me tempted to try sims 4 again. But then I would have to buy all the packs and I'm not sure it would make a big enough difference to me.

But I really am enjoying your story! :)
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Thanks for your response @simanite. I've been off trying to get my single sim a wife so he can start a family.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm glad you are enjoying your game, thank you for sharing your imagination with us :)

eta:
    Also your pics are great.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Nice storytelling! Really enjoyed seeing your family in their day to day life.