Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I let my little brothers play Sims 4?

I let my older brother play sims and my younger brothers (7, and 8 years old) want to play, I don't want them to ruin my game, and there is inappropriate things in the game. Should I just let them tell me EXACTLY how to build a house, or what? Please help!!!

Comments

• Options
    SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    You could always just set up a new save for your younger brothers so they won't mess up your household, and talk to your parents about the content you're worried about. I think it'd be fine for them, personally, but it should be up to your parents.
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    First of all, ask your parents what they think. If it's okay with them, set up a separate game for your brothers. I'd suggest 2 parents with children and turn aging off. If you give the parents single beds (or have only one parent), the option to woohoo probably won't come up.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I would not let them play live mode at that age. (Building a house is different, but you'd have to make sure they didn't click into the game.) Otherwise they'll be asking your parents a lot of questions about what "woohoo" is and what those sims were doing under the covers/in the hot tub/in the closet or wherever. Maybe you should ask your parents about this and let them decide, since it concerns their children?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    In the US it's rated "T" for teen. In some countries it's rated higher. I don't think simmers are really suppose to advise you on this since they are younger than the T rating .. Ask your parents.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    This is a question for your parents. Please utilize that resource!
    I let my daughter (8) play, but she has a separate save all to herself.
    She spends all of her time building, using the mischief interactions, and catching frogs/insects. lol She visits Granite Falls more than I ever do.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    stephAnie1864stephAnie1864 Posts: 200 Member
    Sim_sister wrote: »
    I let my older brother play sims and my younger brothers (7, and 8 years old) want to play, I don't want them to ruin my game, and there is inappropriate things in the game. Should I just let them tell me EXACTLY how to build a house, or what? Please help!!!

I was around 7-8 years old when i first started playing The Sims 2 and my parents were fine with it. Just to be safe you should still ask your parents and maybe show them what it looks like when sims woohoo and kiss and such so they can see how to game handles those "inappropriate" things.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Yes, it is up to your parents' decision unless you are their only guardian. I do agree playing Sims is fun and good for children. Even some schools allow them playing the game for some reasons.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    @Hermitgirl in some places like Germany, the rating is 6+

@Sim_sister I think the Sims would be a good way to talk about RL with your younger siblings especially if your older sibling also helped to explain it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited July 2016
    You should ask your parents because of parenting: Everyone parents differently.
    My parents let me play ts1 when I was 8...and that was way more risque and raunchy than ts4 is lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2016
  • Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    My parents were fine with me playing The Sims at that age, but it always depends on what you think is appropriate! Like everyone else is saying, set up a different save game for him so he doesn't mess with yours. :)
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Options
    altkt075altkt075 Posts: 97 Member
    As a parant myself I will say you need to ask your parants what to do. Have fun simming. I love this game too. :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    Just a question OP how old were you when you started to play? Did you jump right into the actually gameplay or did you start to build at first?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I think I would leave that to your parents.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hmmm, I've played with far more inappropriate games when I was 8. but that's because my Dad was awesome, and I was smart 8 year old.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2016
    If your parents are okay with it, and you trust them to not ruin your game, I don't see why not. Chances are they'll avoid the romance aspects of the game by playing only one sim and laughing at that sim's angry poops. At least, that's how I imagine it anyway. But talk with your parents just to be sure. My parents were very open about talking about sex and sexuality so they never tried to shield me if I saw a gay couple kissing or a woman wearing male clothing. Your parents might feel differently about discussing those things at their ages.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    FWIW, I let my daughter loose with Sims 2 when she was 9. She is now a sensible adult.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Writer01Writer01 Posts: 572 Member
    edited July 2016
    As a parent, myself, I will say that it's ultimately your parents' decision if they think the game is inappropriate for your brothers. So, go ask them. :)

As for having them messing up your game, just have them start a new game.
    “Language is wine upon the lips.” —Virginia Woolf[/center]
    Unless otherwise stated, none of my creations are on the Gallery.
  • Options
    Marti_SternMarti_Stern Posts: 153 Member
    Here TS4 is PEGI:12, so they can't technically play...
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Like most everyone else I say consult your parents and go from there. Personally I've let my son play the Sims 3 and 4 since he was 6 and he was watching me play when he was 5. By and large things like "woohoo" haven't come up. He's talked about the sims playing under the covers and that's it. Even try for baby he seems to accept at face value. You select it. They play under the covers and a baby comes- the end- lol. BUT do talk to your parents first about how they feel.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I agree with most here, this isn't even on you to decide. This is something your parents need to decide on.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    No! Exposing them to Sims 4 will damage them for life!

Try the other games instead...
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    it depends. do you like your little brothers?
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    I let my 7 year old play but I sit with him the entire time. The woohoo option is treated like the plague here lol. When he asked what it was I told him that if you click on it it will crash and break the game. My son now refers to it as the blue screen of death :). When he wants a baby in the family we usually adopt or I do it for him when he's sleeping. I think as long as your brothers are being supervised it shouldn't be a big deal but that is of course if your parents consent.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Well lets see... theres a bush dedicated to 'woo hoo' in with 'no children' signs (get together expansion)
    An island (Island of the Bluffs) that reminds you that you can be naked as there are no children allowed and lots of woo hoo bushes.
    Teenagers can 'mess around' under the bed. There are loads more woo hoo interactions and more to come.

I LOVED playing the sims as a child!!! :smiley: but it was weird at that age getting my sims to woo hoo, especially as theres a lot more focus on it in comparison to Sims 1.

You could just make sure that the children are playing the game in the same room as you or your parents so they can monitor them just as you would with the internet.