Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you play Sims Medieval through Origin on Windows 10?

Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
I do NOT want to hear what you think...I am asking this question strictly to people who Have Windows 10 AND Sims Medieval through Origin. Does anyone have them both and are able to Play Sims Medieval or did you have to buy sims medieval thorugh Steam to get it to work with Windows 10? I am only asking because I am still on Windows 7, and looking to upgrade to Windows 10....But I want to know if I should wait for another couple weeks to be able to purchase Sims Medieval on Steam....Or if it would be okay to upgrade., This is literally tyhe ONLY thing holding me back from upgrading to win 10! Soooo Please, let me know asap :) Thanks! (And keep in mind...I am only looking for an answer from someone who Got Windows 10 & played Sims medieval....whether they could not run Sims Medieval anymore....or whether they were able to. if that makes sense. Thanks :) (Also: EA will NEVER release anoither patch for Sims Medieval so there is no Compatibiltiy patch I could download allowing me to make it compatible with Windows 10)

Comments

• Mistix0Mistix0 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes you can play on win10.

After the update (first to win8 and then later to win10), it wasn't possible to play the game with the cd anymore. It was advised to reinstall the game through Origin (you have to download and install Origin on your pc first). I did this yesterday and it worked :) .
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    The Sims Medieval will work on Windows 10 but you need to download the game from Origin. Only older versions of The Sims Medieval aren't compatible with Windows 8 through Windows 10 due to a copy protection. As of December 2013, the updated version of the game fixes the compatibility problem (so it can run on Windows 8-10) but this added a side effect: you have to sign in to Origin to play The Sims Medieval similar to The Sims 4 and The Sims 3 1.69.

This YouTube video shows The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and The Sims 4 working on Windows 10. Also note that The Sims 2 shows the black rectangles, that's due to a glitch with the graphics card. The Sims 3 is the original version while The Sims 4 is the older version due to how the map looks.

Only The Sims (and any other game that uses SafeDisc) doesn't work due to SafeDisc not being supported by Windows 10. This also applies to Windows Vista SP2, 7 SP1, or 8.1 that have the KB3086255 update installed.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My computer was just upgraded to Windows 10. I just downloaded The Sims Medieval from Origin, and it worked/launched fine.
    I've had this game for 5 years, and I wasn't able to play it on Windows 7 or 8. The game has been just sitting in my Origin account. So I'm happy that it launched fine.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Question for all who answered here. Did you own the game prior to 2013 and when did you register it with Origin?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    I recieved my game in around 2010 as my dad bought teh disk & didn't like it so he gave it to me, It sat around for 3 years and I finally loaded it up and played it while in California so around 2013 waiting for internet to come & gert hooked up. I registered it with Origin shortly thereafter as my dad never did in case i liked it.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    @Tremayne4260 I have purchased the base game in 2011 on Origin (it was a pre-order) but I did activate The Sims Medieval: Pirates and Nobles on Origin using the DVD version I purchased. The DVD or downloaded game didn't need Origin sign-in but as of December 2013, any The Sims Medieval game downloaded through Origin will require Origin sign-in similar to The Sims 4 and The Sims 3 1.69.

As with TS3 games, any Medieval game purchased as a download through Amazon will require Origin activation such as The Sims Medieval Deluxe from Amazon (US). DVD copies of The Sims Medieval and Pirates and Nobles (untested with The Sims Medieval Deluxe) do not require Origin activation.

Like TS3, the Origin sign-in requirement can be avoided by using a DVD version although that will only work if you have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 as only the new version of Medieval from Origin will work on Windows 8 or 10.

I want to ask any Mac Simmers a question: does any Mac version of The Sims Medieval downloaded from Origin require you to sign-in to Origin if Origin isn't running on OS X. I believe only the Windows versions of The Sims 3 and The Sims Medieval only require Origin sign-in but correct me if I'm wrong.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Never registered my copy with Origin and got the Digital Download directly from Amazon in 2013. Never had to use Origin to sign in. Game still runs fine in Yosemite and El Capitan with no problem.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2016
    Got the disc on pre-order but installed again from Origin when I got a new laptop. Bought Pirates and Nobles when it was on offer cheaper. It does play well on Windows 10 - and NVidia Experience (if you have their card), recognises it and can optimise it.

BTW You'll have to pay to upgrade to Windows 10 after July 29th 2016. They seem to be adamant that they won't be stretching the time limit for free upgrades after that.
  • quwfacequwface Posts: 52 Member
    I haven't been able to add my Sims Medieval code to origin... and support haven't gotten back to me about it either :neutral:
    The Foster Legacy: A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    This is such good news! I was convinced I would never be able to play again after I tried to install them om windows 8 (with disks) and failed miserably.
    Very happy to read this thread :smiley:
  • keene61keene61 Posts: 259 Member
    I followed the youtube videos about first downloading it, then repairing the game (right clicking on the image in your origin library) and then playing it. I can play it just fine!
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Yep, I was playing day before yesterday, smooth like butter.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    I am so glad to read that my computer can upgrade to 10 with no problem playing The Sims Medieval. I had to have help to get it downloaded through the Origin Client but have been playing it off and on for a few years now.
  • hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 921 Member
    I JUST added my copies of The Sims Medieval Limited Edition and Pirates and Nobles to my Origin account yesterday. I had already been told they wouldn't work from the disks and didn't bother with that. However, to get my EA registered copies of the Medieval games registered and set up in my Origin account I had to prove who I was (just one security question that was set up when I set up my Origin account), and then I had to take a picture of the game cover, disk, and a paper with the date, my name, and the "case number" from my case with the "Help" tech I was chatting with. All seems to be just fine except for one detail. . . I can load the game, and get to where you are finished creating the monarch, then it won't let me out of buy mode once I select the castle. I'm frustrated, but hey, I tried. I have Windows 10 on my computer. So, for me, it is yes, it works, but once into the game, it's stuck. Could have to do with my computer, or something else. I'll figure that out tomorrow, when I'm more awake.

BTW, it's been so long since I've been able to play, I don't remember if there was a way to activate cheats, like we can in other Sims games. LOL