Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you tweek ? (existing content only)

Without adding new items, worlds, life stages, animations, or CAS elements, what would you like to see tweeked ?

I'm pretty happy with what we have so far. I'm looking forward to generational & seasonal content, but the last two packs have given me a lot to play with, so I'm good for now.

If I could change or add anything, it would be the following:

1.) control of NPC service sim job assignment in manage worlds. I want to choose who my maid is from existing unplayed, unemployeed, sims.

2.) more icons for get together clubs. A LOT more. Also, gender filters for clubs. So I can specify which gender they flirt with, etc.

3.) small pet peeve here ... the herbalism fertilizer has a weird inventory rule set that won't let use it or pick it up to be put it in a sim's inventory once it's crafted and set on a self. I can clone it all I want, but I can't use it. It's the only crafted consumable that has this issue.

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Tweak that blasted nice decor moodlet
    Or rather ditch it altogether.
    โœง๏ฝก๏ฝฅ:*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโ˜…,๏ฝก๏ฝฅ:*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโ˜†*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโ˜…*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง๏ฝก๏ฝฅ:*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโ˜†,๏ฝก๏ฝฅ:*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโ˜…*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโ˜†*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:โœง
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I would tweak moods, they are always too dang happy.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Have all color swatches in build / buy be consistent.
  • WolffyWolffy Posts: 71 Member
    I would make the build/buy mode colors more consistent. It bothers me when I'm trying to build something and my windows are ten shades of brown or my bed frame doesn't match my dresser. :s
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    • Toggles for non-active but played household relationship decay.
    • Toggles for turning off culling/relationship culling.
    • Increase the cut-points for environmental happiness and have it ramp up and decay so that it's not an instant on-off switch.
    • Make negative moodlets generally stronger - I'm generally happy with the positive moodlets, but negatives are too weak accept for a few really dire circumstances.
    • Lengthen the duration of some moodlets for longer time scale games. I don't mind how short the moodlets are in the short and normal life-spans. Got to move on under those circumstances, but in long timescale I'd like a little more constancy in my moodlets, or at least the intense ones.
    • Make it so I can scale skill gain speed. It's fine for standard games but for my playstyle it's too fast (I use a mod for this).
    • Toggle on/off supernaturals (on a case-by-case basis).
    • Speed up the base eating animation cycle slightly. I don't mind this as much as many people, and I don't mind them being leisurely while chatting, but when all they're doing is sitting at the table I'd like them to eat faster.
    • I'd like to have more options for door locking on public lots. I want to be able to exclude non-staff without some sort of pass (or skill check :) ) from passing into staff areas. This would make venues a lot more crowded in many cases and I think would generally focus the action better. I fake this with clubs to some extent, but I have to leave my active HH to set that up properly.
    • Make business career homework 2 hours to complete like most other tasks (it takes me more like 4 - it's anomalously difficult). Maybe there are others that standout but this one is the one I've had trouble with.
    • Decrease the value of low-level painting and writing (or maybe better make some sort of scale-able collectible/painting/writing pricing).
    • Customization of bill settings (oddly I'm usually trying to scale these to fit my challenge - which I often need higher rather than lower).
    • More strife from townies. I'd rather more of them take a disliking to my played sims and react aggressively if I butt in on them. Clubs have let me set up a lot of this, but at tremendous effort.
    • Easily setting relationship preferences for played sims so they stick to my gender preferences when I see them in public. As well as a way to customize a sims degree of fidelity. Again I've used clubs to codify some couples in my games for when I run into them at the cafe etc. but this is a lot of work and eats valuable club spots.
    • GT clubs to have more hangout settings. This gets to a big limitation on how I use my background clubs. I can make a club for a couple so I can run into them chatting/flirting in a cafe, but I'll never see that club at a bar, because I can only set them to show up at one venue type for club. So if I wanted, under the current system, to get my couple to show up together at the bar I'd need a second club. I don't really need this for active clubs or even for most activity based clubs, but for my background environmental clubs it can cause some difficulty.
    • More memory of cheating. I have one dirtbag sim that knows all the right moves, and I just wish life were a little harder. If he's caught cheating don't let him weasel his way into the sim that caught him's bed right after (and yes they saw and reacted to the cheating with anger). Really need a reputation system here, but that's beyond the scope of this. I wish friends would share info about cheating with other sims they know. "X cheated on Y"
    • Invites to parties/nightclubs needs a little bit of tuning so that more sensible sims are selected for these invites. Grandpa really likes to party a lot... Also Geoffrey Landgrabb keeps making rather interesting dinner advances on my teens. I don't know this is kind of subjective, but mostly I think a bit that same-age category would pretty much do this trick (or maybe at most one different). I don't want the invites removed! I love them (especially now that Grandpa has died)!

I know it's a long list, but I love this game and my sims are truly a joy to play - they're the bit that sold me on this game and the strength of their interaction is something I wouldn't trade for any of these features, but I do think some things could be improved to set up the background interactions in the world those amazing Sims inhabit!
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I would tweak the business and restaurant aspects and have one of the ranks (of retail store) or (Resturant employees -any of them) as being "Resturant Assistant Manager/Manager" (for resturants) or for the store (Store manager/or Assistant Manager)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I'd like some more variety in writing animation. I don't know what made me think of that right now, but playing an at-home writer had got frustrating (this was after launch) and business tasks are similar.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER โ€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'd give alien abductions a toggle, then personally I'd keep them off.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • theskull07theskull07 Posts: 36 Member
    Deaths. It is way too hard to kill a sim. They way it is now you have to go out of way to do it, and even then they more likely to die of old age even if you try to off them every day around the clock. For example a small room with 5 fireplaces, several rugs, and 3 chairs. The unlucky guinea sim is this experiment died of starvation. Not one fire happened despite the fires staying lit during the 3 days it took the sim to starve.

I understand the complaints of it being honestly to easy to have ypur sims die in Sims 3, but it mainly was because they introduced a new way for your sims to die almost every EP. In 300 hours I have only had one time I honestly feared for my sims. A fire happened cooking a birthday cake, but another sim putit out almost immediately.
  • Zorna_Zorna_ Posts: 34 Member
    (Unless this has been changed without my realising it) I'd change the stereo audio system- I hate how music speeds up whenever I speed up time. I always fiddle with time as I play, so I've ended up totally turning off the music settings, and never buying radios (so if it has changed, I wouldn't have actually noticed....)
  • CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    Would adding a randomize button to Aspirations and traits count? I dearly miss having a randomize button for those.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Mostly a story progession with the NPC sims in the neighbourhood. I don't want my beautiful goth neighbours extincted :(
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I'd like clubs to be able to have their main meeting place be a generic lot.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Have kids build Fitness skill after maxing Motor skill, by playing on the monkey bars or jungle gym or by swimming. Motor skill is the only child skill that doesn't contribute to any adult skills once maxed.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    I would add to babies...customization of clothes, if they have hair or are bald, different bassinets, etc.

I agree with others about more consistent colors for build/buy objects and definitely more club icons.
  • ArcanaJArcanaJ Posts: 63 Member
    Reference paintings that aren't so grainy. Sims 4 environments are gorgeous. I like to accurately reflect that in my Sims' paintings.
    "No mater what happens Mon-Fri, if I can wake up on Saturday without having beaten someone to death with my keyboard, it was a good week."
    -Me
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    NPC generation.
    I hate seeing NPCs spawn in other worlds.
    Example:
    Sims who reside/came with Windenburg, hanging out in Willow Creek, Oasis, or Newcrest
    Or when I'm playing an Active Career I would like the game to lay off of my played sims.
    Like Being on Patrol and the goal is to issue a citation, when I'm an Officer, and I see my other couple on the streets, and then the husband is beating up his wife. Now I just roll my eyes, and keep walking. I don't care anymore.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    I LOVE the npc service job sim idea, I would also like to be able to hire playable characters at retail/restaurants.

I wish social interactions were tailored more to a sims personality.. I mean they sort of are already.. but they all seem to tell the same jokes and all seem sort of the same to me.
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Have all color swatches in build / buy be consistent.

YES! PLEASE! There's nothing more annoying when furnishing and not having matching items! What's strange is items that come from the same pack don't match in colour either.. More consistency would be fab!!! :)
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Another thing I would tweek - The Sims kids skills are pointless - you lose everything you've worked on when they become a teen. For me it's just a waste of time building their skills..
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • WitchirisWitchiris Posts: 67 Member
    less idling.
    fix/tweak the multi-tasking.
    more color options for paint/wallpaper and flooring.
    more color options for furniture.
    ability to choose bedding and furniture color separated for bed/cribs like in sims 2 and 3.
    more random game picks when painting. I could choose one type to paint like impressionism and paint the exaction same painting 5 times in row before getting something different.
    less sims dropping by you house/better timing for drop bys. having a co-worker sim drop by a half hour before they both need to go to work, come on; fix that.
    less call/text to come hangout. i had like 5 in one day from the same sim. before my sim had woken up and right before going to work.
  • jpcsimsjpcsims Posts: 5 New Member
    I would overhall the stairs. First they should be able to be paced on the diagonal. Second if they could be made to change directions in segments, so instead of going strait up in one direction they could go up to the left or right or circle around like a spiral stair. so the taller the wall the more directions it could change. This would make better use of space on smaller lots
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The trams need a tweek.
    They are so ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ cute
    erste-sims-4-welt-nachbarschafts-screenshots-003_newsbild.jpg
    They remind me of the ones my city used to have
    tram-adelaide-st-kilda-tram-museum-trolley-bus-con1.jpg

But what would be nice is if they were used for more actions, like actually getting on a tram, and then the loading screen, and getting off again, at the destination hood, and walking to the lot. Or just getting on them to go to work/school, rather than just teleporting from the front gate.

The animation for it would be much like that of getting on the school bus in ts3.

If there was a sign on the edge of each neighbourhood, on median strip, where the tram goes through, and you click the sign to choose to travel, and then the sim walks/runs to that location, and the tram is sent so they get there at around the same time.

There may not be cars, but that would be cool, kind of like the subways in ts3

I would overhall the stairs.
    Yes, they need it, just make them one square longer for each higher wall height for a start. They look too steep as they are. Or give them a landing at regular wall height, and allow the extra squares off that landing, either straight, or a L, or turning back, to run next to where the first part is.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    To expand on what others have said regarding more lasting negative moodlets and a reputation system, I think tweaking the memory system would be awesome.

For those extreme moodlets triggered by huge events, either very positive (marriage, birth of a child, even a killer party or new best friend) or very negative (death in the family, catch SO cheating, divorce, getting fired etc), a memory should be automatically added. Every so often when dreaming, relaxing while watching TV etc, or maybe prompted via the "Ask about Day" or "Ask about Love Life" interaction, a random thought bubble could appear above the Sim's head as they remember that strong moodlet corresponding to the event and experience a lesser positive/negative moodlet.

i think it would add to the immersion and realism of the game. Bit unsettling when a partner who catches their other half woohooing with another will forget about it in a few hours and happily resume the relationship without another thought.

You could even make custom made memories with a small adjustment to the current system. Since you can take a screenshot of an event and set it to an emotion, this memory could then also trigger a corresponding moodlet if remembered randomly.