Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't find and arrest suspect

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    You can also access the notebook via computer as well. :)
  • Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    same thing is happening to me, i went through the career without any problems till level 5 and now i have spent 6 days on the same case and still cannot find the suspect. I try to arrest the ones who i keep seeing at every scene and i get a unlawful arrest.

My Sim is now level 7 and I have not had any problems making arrests. She's solved at least 6 cases now.

You have to get a bunch of evidence. I have her spend a couple of days just gathering evidence and then analyzing it, adding it to the crime board, and deducing clues or searching the database. I make sure that I have everything I can get on the suspect. Age, gender, hair color, clothing, a trait and then I send her out with to make the arrest. First, I find a Sim that fits the description and then I have her talk to the sim. If one of the traits matches? I have her make the arrest.

It helps to get them the observant reward trait because it will show every trait the other Sim has the second they meet them.
    i have all the clues and i still cant find the one who matches. oh well

• Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Someone said you need 7 clues for best results.
  • Options
    damong63damong63 Posts: 540 Member
    I had the same problem. I cleared my cache files and then repaired the game via Origin. The suspect described in the list of clues appeared at the very first APB location my sim was sent to.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    Clues are black hair, female, teen, tank top, jeans, and insane. The suspect I arrested was elderly, male, wearing a sweater, slacks, with grey hair, idk if he's insane or not. Interrogated him, he confessed and case closed. Clearly something is amiss.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Its your coworker who work in the lab. Look for a sim that is always at the crime scene even if it is coworker.
  • Options
    csreigadacsreigada Posts: 3 New Member
    Can anyone please help me? I am new at the job and can't find the map and how do I take pictures of crime scene?
  • Options
    Also on my first patrol I had a bunch of sims beat me up, how can I arrest them? I only had the choice to give them a citation. Please help
  • Options
    Can anyone please help me? I am new at the job and can't find the map and how do I take pictures of crime scene?
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    The crime map is in front of the computers.
    You take pictures of the crime scene by clicking on evidence, such as burnt furniture or graffiti. It's one of the interactions that will appear.
    You can't arrest anyone while you are on patrol. All you can do is give citations. Arrests are only made after you issue an APB.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    When I arrive at the APB destination I always pause the game and search for the sim from the description. The suspect is usually one of the first on the scene, so pausing at the start means less sims to check. Also, make sure to check bald sims too. I needed a red haired adult and he turned out to be bald - I saw he had red eyebrows though.
  • Options
    BirdyBirdy Posts: 91 Member
    Im currently having the same problem, suspects simply wont generate on the lot. I did a test and tried to arrest every single person on the lot (took a huge performance loss but luckily I saved) and the suspect is just not there. I hope this is a bug that will be fixed soon. The detective career isn't my favorite but I still would like for it to work when I do play it. I'm trying not to cheat but at this point I don't know what else I can do to make it work, you don't have the option to drop a case and move on to a new one soooooo....... I guess my sim is just kind of stuck.
  • Options
    DeaamartyaDeaamartya Posts: 10 New Member
    Just saying! You can find the culprit by ask about suspect to 2-3civilians. And there will be someone looks suspicious like looking around. That is the culprit.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Deaamartya wrote: »
    Just saying! You can find the culprit by ask about suspect to 2-3civilians. And there will be someone looks suspicious like looking around. That is the culprit.

Adding to this: If you arrest a suspect who seems to match the description and they turn out to be "innocent", don't hesitate to arrest the same suspect again the next day. I solved a case that way.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KAYLANDAKAYLANDA Posts: 19 Member
    My clues were short sleeved, grey hair, elder, jeans and female. There's only one sim she's met but she was innocent.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    KAYLANDA wrote: »
    My clues were short sleeved, grey hair, elder, jeans and female. There's only one sim she's met but she was innocent.

Hello.
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, or post your experiences there.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Incorrect-suspect-traits-Suspect-doesn-t-show-up/m-p/4486122#M11815

Try arresting a a person who doesn't fit the description and see if you can still solve the case.
  • Options
    Bambii33000Bambii33000 Posts: 20 Member
    Well whatever you do don't use the debug cheats cuz now my suspect is both male and female and they're wearing a skirt, jeans, and shorts :s
  • Options
    Bambii33000Bambii33000 Posts: 20 Member
    How do I edit the precinct? I remade the science lab but I can't remember how to edit the businesses now
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    How do I edit the precinct? I remade the science lab but I can't remember how to edit the businesses now

Hello @Bambii33000
    Do you want to edit the detective career lot? The cheats to enter build mode on the lot are
    testingcheats true
    bb.enablefreebuild
    This article explains about editing hidden lots
    https://simsvip.com/2015/04/02/the-sims-4-editing-hidden-lots/
  • Options
    bela4bela4 Posts: 78 Member
    I know this is an old post, but I believe the problem is keeping the old case files in inventory. I started tossing them at the end of each case and have not had this problem anymore.
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    quosqua39 wrote: »
    Well, i have only done one of those and the guy was the correct one. So far so good. I just have one gripe about the Detective career though. The work area is packed with officers and detectives all using the computers. really annoying trying to finish some of them when you need to use the computer. maybe i could manage the building and put a room with a computer and lock the door only for me or something lol ( not really sure if i can do this mostly joking).

Well their is a cheat where you can edit the Police Station, Science Lab, and Hospital, but personally i wouldn't recommend it because i used that cheat when get to work first came out and i added some extra desks and computers and the game started to crash on me.....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    3jsand1r3jsand1r Posts: 264 Member
    Well I think the gender fluidity in CAS caused me this issue, because I had clues of a skirt, tank top, female, teen, turns out I arrested a male, in a skirt and tank top teen.
  • Options
    wolve99wolve99 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am so frustrated! My suspect was supposed to be a teen, creative, wearing jeans, wearing a jacket, female, with brown hair. After a full sims week worth of working and doing NOTHING but issuing APBs, I decided to just arrest all dark haired females. NOTHING. Finally, I just started arresting people that I knew were at every location. I eventually got them by pure luck, but they were a black haired male, adult, with cargo pants, and a short sleeved t-shirt. WHAT. Then I got fired for too many unlawful arrests within that week. SO PEEVED
  • Options
    natnattigersnatnattigers Posts: 6 New Member
    I had the same problem. The only thing the final suspect shared with the notebook suspect was that she was female. I found her by asking three sims about suspect, all three pointed to that girl. However, I just arrived back at the station and she isn't there with me, therefore I cannot interrogate her.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top