Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random Reading Roundabout

Comments

• sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @writtenfae - I'm up to Chapter 42 in Abigail's gen. I spent a lot of the day getting caught up and reading a bit more. Between Thursday night and Friday morning, I hurt my back, so I was resting it as much as I could yesterday and made sure to get caught up for this weekend's discussion. Loving the story and I love the journal style you've got set up.

I have to give you props for handling ALL those Sims with Abigail having as many kids as she did. Me, I'd be waving my arms in the air, screaming bloody murder, and then turning into a gibbering mess. LOL!! Seriously though, I love the family and the writing style is so refreshing and "user-friendly." After some of the darker stories I've been reading lately, it's nice to get a good balance with a family-friendly and (mostly) happy story. At least, it is to the point I'm at now. I'm sure you've got lots of ideas for future use floating around in your head. I know I always do for my stories.

So, question - Do you plan everything out to the letter or do you let what happens in the game lead you sometimes? In other words, is yours mostly plot driven or game driven?

Will you be having a theme per generation as to what the names will be? I loved the constellation theme you used for Abigail's kids.

If I think of more questions, I'll post them. Loving your story and am looking forward to reading more. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Twiggy wrote: »
    @writtenfae, members and readers alike: A few questions for this weekend's 'Roundabout Coffee Hour' where we discuss the first 25 chapters of The Blackmoore Legacy. I'll drop them here now so you have some time before answering them. ;)
    1. I like that this legacy is set up as a journal. Reading through the chapters readers get a view of Abigail's family growing. The home improvements with the complementing screenshots add to the feel of looking into her life. Is it a deliberate choice to give the reader the idea he/she is peeking into her actual diary?
    2. Not all that familiar with legacy's and rules myself, though, so I'm wondering: Is there a set point in the story to choose your heir or is there a personal reason for choosing this point in the story to have your heir vote? Did you have a personal preference for possible heirs or were you all good with any outcome the poll might have given?

Maybe a question for our readers also...
    1. I really feel I'm having a peek into the diary of a humble family-oriented sim. Do you get the feeling of being that fly on the wall too? What do you think of this style?
    2. We are jumping into the story too late to cast our own vote. Did you have a favorite sibling you were rooting for?

Okay, looking forward to your answers later this weekend when we get things started. If any other members of our circle or readers have questions for @writtenfae or for us readers feel free to drop em here too. :)

I am done reading with Gen 1 ... sweet HUGE family. I enjoyed meeting them. My fav for legacy is always the first born :) was not different here.

I have a few ideas or recommendations for you (I am not a pro at this but do see a few things to look at trying) AND I recognize the story is a year old so you might have discovered these tips on your own in recent works.

The written part is good and def a nice easy ready. I enjoy the 1st person style. Perhaps forgo a bit of the chronological happenings for a deep look at the relationships esp of your main characters so we can get attached to them more.

If you are wanting to amp your blog up the place to concentrate is on your screenies. The screenies could use some attention. They drive your story .. shoot on pause only with your walls up. I would get rid of the plumb bob (using cheat code Headlineeffects off) and experiment getting in closer to your subjects and vary the angles of your shots too. Edit and crop your pics .. adjust lighting too using any pic editor.

Overall I enjoyed the blog .. I read all Gen 1 and my only need was to get to know the characters deeper. I only got glimpses of who they were. I do know that choosing a huge family does not give time for us to get to know the kids but I wold have loved to know Sirius and Cassiopeia more :) I look forward to gen 2.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    edited July 2016
    Twiggy wrote: »
    Hi hi, sorry for being missing in action atm due to all the happenings here in RL. I think your schedule is awesome, Sara! I really wanted to start this weekend but since it's already Sunday I clearly didn't make that deadline :( I realize it's also a bit late to ask any of you to lead the discussion on this first reading and I don't have time now to get things going due to the bday of my eldest daughter. I suggest we start the weekly roundabout discussions next weekend? I'll make sure the schedule and any updates are added to the first posts then so we are all informed and have read the same chapters. This is on my to do for tomorrow. Hope I don't disappoint anyone with this little delay! :)

I hope all is well with your daughter ... did she have a happy birthday??
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • cuddles5427cuddles5427 Posts: 101 Member
    The legacy founder is just gorgeous. I also agree that having the audience vote on a heir does amp overall involvement. I agree with lisabee2 about the screenshots, however, I've glanced at Generation 2 and can see your improvement. This is kind of odd to note, but I really enjoy how you style the characters as well. Lily has red hair and silver lipstick (at least I believe it is), and that makes her look beautifully interesting. Your color choices in general are quite pleasant while reading. I also like your titles (I struggle with writing ones myself). I like how they are both straightforward and intriguing. It draws me in while giving me a fair amount of information on the chapter as well.
    SiggyForSimsNow_zpsk1i15rwv.png
    The legacy founder is just gorgeous. I also agree that having the audience vote on a heir does amp overall involvement. I agree with lisabee2 about the screenshots, however, I've glanced at Generation 2 and can see your improvement. This is kind of odd to note, but I really enjoy how you style the characters as well. Lily has red hair and silver lipstick (at least I believe it is), and that makes her look beautifully interesting. Your color choices in general are quite pleasant while reading. I also like your titles (I struggle with writing ones myself). I like how they are both straightforward and intriguing. It draws me in while giving me a fair amount of information on the chapter as well.

I agree with you @cuddles54227 I have a terrible time with titles and teasers ..

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I have finished chapters 1-25 of The Blackmoore Legacy by @writtenfae for our weekend coffee hour!

*pulls up a chair and grabs a cup*
    I really feel I'm having a peek into the diary of a humble family-oriented sim. Do you get the feeling of being that fly on the wall too? What do you think of this style?

I'll admit that I'm a sucker for diary-style. I actually have a story on my site (a different one than the one I submitted to this circle) which I write in diary-style, The Yandere Diaries. I think that it's a very effective way of doing first-person, and especially works well in a legacy-style story, as so many of the mundane details of one's life, the things that one might gloss over in a novel, are exactly the sort of things that someone would write about in a daily diary. What errands they did that day. How their job is going. The sorts of family interactions they are witnessing. Their thoughts and feelings about the playmates and dates their children bring home or how well they are doing in school. Novels are very much a style of cutting to the chance and getting to the action (for the most part), but playing the Sims is very much about experiencing day-to-day happenings, so I've always found this to work very well. I really get a sense of Abigail as a quite dedicated mother, and found the transitions from entry to entry really smooth, as they make little callbacks to the previous day.

In my own story (which has been on hiatus for a while), I came to the conclusion a while ago that I didn't think the diary format was really right for it... though I don't really want to get rid of it completely, either. I like the way it can allow me to thoroughly explore my main character's head, but at the same time, I was feeling bothered how that was at the expense of dialogue with other characters that I wanted the readers to start to form attachments to (as this particular story is a romantic horror story, and there needs to be an impact when someone is murdered, and I just felt there was too much "distance" from the other characters for that to be happening). So right now I'm working through my head how I can incorporate both. I think I'm going to continue to do diary entries and kinda do these "well let me tell you all about this party that happened at X's house..." sort of transitions where I come out of diary mode into a more novel-esque style, and then transition back into a diary outro... something to make it feel like she's actually writing about these events that I'm writing out in a different format, instead of writing every single event in diary-format. I'm *hoping* that will solve my problem. But again, in a legacy, that follows a single founder/heir for a generation, I think it is really effective!
    We are jumping into the story too late to cast our own vote. Did you have a favorite sibling you were rooting for?

To the point of this book talk (I do realize some people read ahead!), Sirius is really the child up to that point that had been allowed to shine the most and would've been my pick at the time of the vote. However, with a lofty goal of ten children for the generation (!) I can easily see that changing by the end once more children grow and are allowed more screentime and a chance for their own personalities to show through.

I think @writtenfae has the right idea in picking once all the elgible heirs are teens, allowing a lot of time to really who all the children are in personality and goals. In that first vote Lynx obviously did poorly because being the youngest, he just hadn't had a chance to really do a lot yet and make an impact on readers, I think. But I also realize that first poll was more to try to clear some needed space to fit in more nooboos! Impossible with ten to keep all of them around until being teens for an heir vote (can't fit that many in the house at once!)

And here are a few questions for our author!

-Many people say the beginning of a legacy is the hardest. Would you agree? What did you find to be the most challenging part of this legacy so far?

-I just have to know... where did the goal of having ten children in a single generation come from? Any particular reason why you decided to go for that in Gen 1?

-Do you have a particular most memoriable or favorite part from this particular part (Gen 1 Ch. 1-25) of the story?

I will say I'm really enjoying it so far and will second on how much I love the star/constellation theme for the names! I'm a big astronomy enthusiast so seeing each name is such a joy. Had I caught this during publication I probably would've been shouting out favorite deep space object name suggestions, hahahaha! (Though I've adored each and every one so far!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @cuddles5427 : Agreed, titles are always a struggle! I also hate having to come on with a brief one sentence chapter synopsis or something that isn't going to actually give anything away, but at the same time would make someone want to read... those are so hard!

I agree that the characters have so much style! All that red hair! I remember that one chapter that just showed all their new outfits and was so impressed by how cute everyone looked! And that description of the "age-up" clothes as "the kids didn't look very happy wearing their subling's old hand-me-downs"... I really loved that line! I mean, we all know the crazy (and rather unflattering) stuff the game will throw on a recently aged up Sim until you go "fix them up" in CAS, and that line just struck me as such a clever way of describing it! (Especially since I don't know very many families that didn't live with the reality of hand-me-downs... I was the oldest child in my family and still had mostly hand-me-downs from my cousin!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    @writtenfae Thank you for those great insightful answers :)

@lisabee2 The oldest was definitely spoiled rotten on her bday so totally worth it hehe

Oh and just a little update here to get my chapters out there again. More following on Mezilkree soon...

Chapter 1.31 - Family ties
    Just going to add my two cents' worth. :)

I love the journal style your story is narrated in, @writtenfae. It's one thing to do it in first person, but the journal style can be as unique as the author chooses. I always say there's no right or wrong way to do a journal. Some prefer the day-to-day events while others dive into deep-rooted feelings, worries, triumphs, and such. Some do a bit of both. Sure, you could have Abigail talk more about her feelings on certain situations or talk more about the family relationships and dynamics, but just the day-to-day chronology of events is certainly more than adequate. She's telling a story and wants this story to be passed down through the generations, so I'm thinking she probably wants to show her descendants how they lived and what life was like on a daily basis.

With my legacies, I'll usually go with the firstborn but I don't make it a hard and fast rule. If I fall in love with one of the other kids, then I'll choose them to be the heir. The closest I really came was when I had a set of quads and had to pick which one I wanted to take over the reigns. It was fairly easy though since I loved her right away. I do like that you're giving the readers a chance to vote on who they feel should be the heir though. Very democratic and interactive.
    With so many kids, it's hard to juggle them and decide who gets what screen time and when. Forgive me if I give an example in one of my own stories. In "Forever in Time," I had a set of quads but knew right away which one I wanted to be the heir. Since Aurora was going to be the heir, she was the one who got most of the screen time and was the one shown most interacting with her parents and relatives. Sure, I showed the other kids but there were times that it was darned near impossible to get everyone in the screenshots. So, Aurora got treated specially by me but I tried to write it in such a way that the parents didn't favor her above the others since they loved all the kids equally.

I guess I failed because I had a (former) reader where all she did was complain and accuse Lenora and Tyrone of playing favorites. It was "author's error" on my part but she was bound and determined to see it as favoritism on the parents' part. Drove me nuts, I'll tell ya. Anyway, we've since had a falling out and we don't read each other's stuff anymore. However, it's always in the back of my mind that I probably should take some extra care if I have another big family. I don't want a repeat of this, especially since it wasn't meant for the story. Now, if it was meant to be there, that's another thing entirely.

So, long story short, I give you a LOT of credit for juggling it all so well.

Now, about screenshots. Sometimes they are tricky to get and mine were very rough in the beginning of my Simlit writing. I feel that as much as you need good screenshots to augment the story, the screenshots aren't everything. For me, I'm first and foremost a writer, not a storyteller who puts up mostly pictures with only captions underneath. There's nothing wrong with that if that's how a person wishes to proceed. Mind you, this is simply my personal opinion; I love getting good screenshots for my stories but I choose to let them augment the story, not actually tell it. I often like to have the text do the work with the screenshot aiding it.

I haven't gotten into your second get yet but if you're anything like me, you've improved on your screenies as your story progressed.

Like I said in an earlier post, I love the story and Abigail is adorable. :) I love how she's such a dedicated mother and how much she loves her family. She'll be sorely missed when she passes on.

Anyway, just my two cents' worth. :)
  • writtenfaewrittenfae Posts: 192 Member
    Thanks everyone for reading my story! It's always fun for me to see what people think and see who people love as their favorites.

@lisabee2 I'm trying to get better at taking the screenshots. It's been a growth and learning process for me over all. But thanks for the cheat, I'll definitely think about using it in the future.

@cuddles5427 Thank you, I think I spent a good two hours creating Abigail originally, going over every detail of her until I was happy. Hah. I'm so picky on my CAS stuff over all.

And thanks everyone on the comments about loving the characters' styles. I really try to give them some personality in their clothes since, up until around now the living space has been piecemealed because of family funds so there's not a lot of being able to give each kid their own room and flair. Though I'm hoping to change that up a little bit soon and be able to remodel house, or rooms per who is currently living in each now that the family isn't poor.

As for chapter titles, oh those do not come easy. I try to find a way to organically reference what's going on, without repeating a title from a previous chapter. And trying to not give too much away is always the hard part. It usually takes me a good hour thinking on them to figure out what I want to title each one.

Onto the questions!

From @sweetnightingale
    Do you plan everything out to the letter or do you let what happens in the game lead you sometimes? In other words, is yours mostly plot driven or game driven?

I let the gameplay completely run everything. I keep their needs up, and I occasionally nudge them in certain directions - like the Spa day, or in a newer chapter going out to a diner now that we have the Dine Out expasion pack. But over all relationships and things are game driven. I usually have the kids meet friends at school and bring them home and let their relationships develop mostly organically. Or if I've dropped in a household from the legacyloves hashtag of the gallery I'll have them drop by the house and then see how they interact with everyone and develop my story around what's happening and what I capture in the screencaps.
    Will you be having a theme per generation as to what the names will be?

I'm planning to, yes. The first one was Constellations I loved choosing that one. The third generation (second theme) was all Harry Potter characters - Stemming from the Heir's name. And I'm planning for Gen four (third theme) to be all tree names - again kind of stemming from the Heir's name. I haven't planned past that yet, but part of that is because I want to see how Gen three grows, and who ends up Heir. I like over all right now trying to tie the next naming theme to the heir's name or personality or interest. =)

From @mastressalita
    Many people say the beginning of a legacy is the hardest. Would you agree? What did you find to be the most challenging part of this legacy so far?

I think the beginning of any challenge where you start out with the plot of land you own and nothing to your name is the hardest part, yeah. Trying to build a house from little to no money, making sure they have enough to at least eat or wandering around a part in the hopes that an NPC sim - usually Bob Pancake in my games - will decide they have to grill something so you can steal a plate of food for the day is hard.

And I think part of what's hard for me too is, I love the my sims and crystals so I have a hard time selling them for the money when I just want a shelf of them in the house - or future house - of my sims because I love seeing them either around the house or on a wall.

Like, it's not seen very much, but the basement of the Blackmoore house - later on down the story - has a wall with one each of the my sims tropheys. I'm missing four, and they're eluding me like crazy.
    And with the new Void Critter cards, I'm looking to do a cool display once I figure out how I want the re-modeled house to look.
    I just have to know... where did the goal of having ten children in a single generation come from? Any particular reason why you decided to go for that in Gen 1?

That goal is actually part of the legacy challenge. They have a scoring sheet that you can kind of follow your family along with to rack up points. Ten different sections, ten points a section - for a total of 100 points. And the first one is, you get one point per Heir. However, since the legacy challenge is technically over after the first baby of the tenth generation is born (there by never having an heir) you earn the tenth point of that section by having at least ten children in one generation.

And believe me, it was not easy. I usually like a two to three sim household so running with a full house is definitely a challenge for me. But I chose to complete the ten kids in one generation the first generation to knock it out and make sure I wouldn't have to worry about it later on down the line.
    Do you have a particular most memoriable or favorite part from this particular part (Gen 1 Ch. 1-25) of the story?

My most memoriable, and favorite part from this block of chapters is chapter 4 - the Whirlwind Romance chapter. Abigail and Brennan's relationship throughout the challenge has been my favorite thing about her whole generation, really. They're so in love from the moment that he moves in with her little no walled lawn living to the day that both of them passed - heartbreaking for me and took me a couple weeks to want to play again after Abigail's death - they've just always been so together and in love and I really love that.
    Blackmoore Legacy
    Draco%20Banner_zpsjy1lrxr1.png
    My YouTube channel here! Rosebud Challenge & Tiny Living Challenge.
    Disney Princess Bachelor Challenge!
    @Twiggy - How did your daughter's surgery go? I hope she's recovering nicely and feeling better.
  • writtenfaewrittenfae Posts: 192 Member
    @sweetnightingale I'm a writer by trade, so doing the screenshots over all is new to me. And while I do let the screenshots I capture kind of dictate where the story is going I like to write out more of what's going on and have the screencaps just kind of be the slight visual cues of the narration.
    Blackmoore Legacy
    Draco%20Banner_zpsjy1lrxr1.png
    My YouTube channel here! Rosebud Challenge & Tiny Living Challenge.
    Disney Princess Bachelor Challenge!
    edited July 2016
    @writtenfae - Yep, same here. In my opinion, the screenshots are there (at lest in my stories) to add to them and not to rule them or take them over, if you know what I mean.

I'm certainly no expert in taking screenshots and I do very little to no editing. I'm HORRIBLE at photo editing. LOL! I will say that they take me a while to do, especially when I have to stage it and put my Sims in the poses I want them to be in. I love me some pose packs for Sims 3 and feel they really add to my screencaps. :)

Awww, I read here that you said both Abigail and Brennen have passed (I'm not that far into the story but am nearly done with her generation) and how sad it was for you. I hate it when my favorite Sims die. :( It breaks my heart. That's the only bad part about a legacy is that they eventually have to die unless you purposely decide to have some immortals. Condolences on their loss though. :(
    @sweetnightingale She is doing very well, thank you! I've never seen a three-year-old act so tough at the hospital. Afterward, she's said it was kinda scary and very cool :) and although they haven't found anything, I'm keeping a good eye on her.
    writtenfae wrote: »
    @sweetnightingale I'm a writer by trade, so doing the screenshots overall is new to me. And while I do let the screenshots I capture kind of dictate where the story is going I like to write out more of what's going on and have the screencaps just kind of be the slight visual cues of the narration.

Screenshotting to me also is mostly accompanying the story. I hardly edit pictures too. Not that good with PS either :) I try to pose sims as little as possible. Not that there's anything wrong with that naturally. I always think that it would take too much of my time lol besides I'm not at all familiar with pose player
    @Twiggy - So glad she's doing well. :) It's amazing how resilient kids can be. She sounds like a real trooper and, of course, you must be relieved that it's over. :)

I'm not familiar with Pose Player for Sims 4 and have never used it for Sims 2. I'm relatively new to it for Sims 3 (only been using it for, maybe a year and 1/2) but I do love it. I've got so many pose packs downloaded and I've got the software to play with making some of my own. It does take time but I love it for my stories, as I feel it adds so much. :)

We have an old version of PS but I don't have it on this computer. I ended up getting Printshop Pro but have barely scratched the surface in what it can do.
  • cuddles5427cuddles5427 Posts: 101 Member
    @sweetnightingale This may be a bit off topic but I must say that I'm surprised you use a pose player. You must have some pretty high quality ones downloaded because your characters always look so natural. So organic.
    SiggyForSimsNow_zpsk1i15rwv.png
    @cuddles54227 - Awwww, thank you so much! Yes, I use Pose Player a lot and have some very awesome pose packs downloaded. :) I try to get the screenshots at just the right angle to show it off in the best possible light. It's not always easy to stage, bit it's worth it when I get get a really nice screencap. :)
    Hello, how was everyone's weekend? Just more sanding and painting here lol. Next weekend the actual move and hopefully everything will settle down again some soon :smiley:

Okay, the upcoming Roundabout discussion will take place this weekend. The second post on this topic is updated accordingly. Have fun reading!
    An update on a new chapter of the Mezilkree clan:

The wedding day is here! Chapter 1.32

1.jpg
    writtenfae wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for reading my story! It's always fun for me to see what people think and see who people love as their favorites.

@lisabee2 I'm trying to get better at taking the screenshots. It's been a growth and learning process for me over all. But thanks for the cheat, I'll definitely think about using it in the future.

@cuddles5427 Thank you, I think I spent a good two hours creating Abigail originally, going over every detail of her until I was happy. Hah. I'm so picky on my CAS stuff over all.

And thanks everyone on the comments about loving the characters' styles. I really try to give them some personality in their clothes since, up until around now the living space has been piecemealed because of family funds so there's not a lot of being able to give each kid their own room and flair. Though I'm hoping to change that up a little bit soon and be able to remodel house, or rooms per who is currently living in each now that the family isn't poor.

As for chapter titles, oh those do not come easy. I try to find a way to organically reference what's going on, without repeating a title from a previous chapter. And trying to not give too much away is always the hard part. It usually takes me a good hour thinking on them to figure out what I want to title each one.

Onto the questions!

From @sweetnightingale
    Do you plan everything out to the letter or do you let what happens in the game lead you sometimes? In other words, is yours mostly plot driven or game driven?

I let the gameplay completely run everything. I keep their needs up, and I occasionally nudge them in certain directions - like the Spa day, or in a newer chapter going out to a diner now that we have the Dine Out expasion pack. But over all relationships and things are game driven. I usually have the kids meet friends at school and bring them home and let their relationships develop mostly organically. Or if I've dropped in a household from the legacyloves hashtag of the gallery I'll have them drop by the house and then see how they interact with everyone and develop my story around what's happening and what I capture in the screencaps.
    Will you be having a theme per generation as to what the names will be?

I'm planning to, yes. The first one was Constellations I loved choosing that one. The third generation (second theme) was all Harry Potter characters - Stemming from the Heir's name. And I'm planning for Gen four (third theme) to be all tree names - again kind of stemming from the Heir's name. I haven't planned past that yet, but part of that is because I want to see how Gen three grows, and who ends up Heir. I like over all right now trying to tie the next naming theme to the heir's name or personality or interest. =)

From @mastressalita
    Many people say the beginning of a legacy is the hardest. Would you agree? What did you find to be the most challenging part of this legacy so far?

I think the beginning of any challenge where you start out with the plot of land you own and nothing to your name is the hardest part, yeah. Trying to build a house from little to no money, making sure they have enough to at least eat or wandering around a part in the hopes that an NPC sim - usually Bob Pancake in my games - will decide they have to grill something so you can steal a plate of food for the day is hard.

And I think part of what's hard for me too is, I love the my sims and crystals so I have a hard time selling them for the money when I just want a shelf of them in the house - or future house - of my sims because I love seeing them either around the house or on a wall.

Like, it's not seen very much, but the basement of the Blackmoore house - later on down the story - has a wall with one each of the my sims tropheys. I'm missing four, and they're eluding me like crazy.
    And with the new Void Critter cards, I'm looking to do a cool display once I figure out how I want the re-modeled house to look.
    I just have to know... where did the goal of having ten children in a single generation come from? Any particular reason why you decided to go for that in Gen 1?

That goal is actually part of the legacy challenge. They have a scoring sheet that you can kind of follow your family along with to rack up points. Ten different sections, ten points a section - for a total of 100 points. And the first one is, you get one point per Heir. However, since the legacy challenge is technically over after the first baby of the tenth generation is born (there by never having an heir) you earn the tenth point of that section by having at least ten children in one generation.

And believe me, it was not easy. I usually like a two to three sim household so running with a full house is definitely a challenge for me. But I chose to complete the ten kids in one generation the first generation to knock it out and make sure I wouldn't have to worry about it later on down the line.
    Do you have a particular most memoriable or favorite part from this particular part (Gen 1 Ch. 1-25) of the story?

My most memoriable, and favorite part from this block of chapters is chapter 4 - the Whirlwind Romance chapter. Abigail and Brennan's relationship throughout the challenge has been my favorite thing about her whole generation, really. They're so in love from the moment that he moves in with her little no walled lawn living to the day that both of them passed - heartbreaking for me and took me a couple weeks to want to play again after Abigail's death - they've just always been so together and in love and I really love that.

Early legacy is always a build nightmare ... juggling the living space and trying to ensure they have all they need for progressing to the next generation. I felt so sorry for them .. no bedroom for so long .. but they did it and all is great now :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    OH MY GOSH .. I had NO idea i was reading the wrong legacy .. I read all 2 generations of Forever in Time by @SweetNightingale ... I thought I was ALL caught up ... well off I go to start another
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    There is time to catch up at your own pace, though :) In the week of August 8 - August 14 we will be focusing on As Tears Go By Ch. 0-9 to discuss in the weekly roundabout.
    @lisabee2 - Hey, I'm not complaining. :) As Tears Go By is easy to catch up on. Forever in Time is my longest one and the most time consuming to get through. I certainly won't complain about having another reader for Forever in Time. :grin: Anyway, I hope you enjoyed both stories. I'll be getting back to Snow and Prince very soon. :)
    :) Done with As Tears Go By ...
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Just seeing how circley our circle is ... done with @Twiggy 's story .. just need to go in and review once discussion is opened.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger