Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modeling Competition Directory ~ Closed

Comments

• Ash89Ash89 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2016
    I've been alerted that some tags aren't working for my new comp A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN. Do you know why this oculd be @MizoreYukii :smiley:
    Post edited by Ash89 on
    QA8gxZg.png
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member

@Ash89 Well there could be several reasons. 1) is to avoid posting, then adding a tag list by editing. That definitely never works, but from looking at your comp that's not the issue. 2) is that they have tagging notifications for tagging turned off. 3) is that the names may be spelled wrong, but I've checked majority of the names before launching the thread and I check occasionally as well to ensure they are spelled right. I don't think that's it. It would help if I knew who because then I could double check. (Glancing at the list again, I don't see any errors so far.) 4) is that the forums glitched and they never received a notification, which can happen. This forum is very glitchy so I wouldn't be surprised. xD 5) is that they blocked you, but I highly doubt that happened.

So other than being a glitch, or having notifications turned off, I'm not sure why they aren't receiving notifications. D:
    Did you get a notification?
    QA8gxZg.png
    @Ash89 Now that I look through my notifications, no, I didn't! I'm getting your tags here just fine though. That is reaaally weird. O_O
    Either something is wrong with the thread itself, your account, or the forum glitched at that hour. I'd recommend trying to post the tag list again, or making a post and just tagging me to see if it works.
    lol ok :lol: I'll try tagging you first then if it works, I'll re-post the tags :smiley:
    QA8gxZg.png
    Thread is updated, including the tag list since we were having issues with it yesterday.

Can everyone confirm that the list is now working?

@alexis3142 @lovejess2 @esharpmajor @themysticalpoet @HannaHasSims @Ash89 @Penguinwa101 @flubber32c4 @joanb615 @YJB19299 @picklesthecat114 @Amazingamphy @MaggiSimmer @Zita1966z @ironknight35 @BobSkellington @CazzTregurtha @psykt @MissBirdie @AshLenn @Kelebek @abillings1978 @xJojox @HAROZ @pammiechick @dafadolly @Pebblycat @abelhinha35 @MizoreYukii @LilacErin @BeechNutBaby @ColorMePink @Vanadis @IncomingVirus @ladybug65 @NotMeMaggie @Munterbacon @Sterretjeee @Chaos_Fairy @Hannie @Maladi777 @EmmaSmile @buydebug @Calico @strawberrigurl @JenLadyBird88 @katniss9 @fabtiffsim @AngiesSmith @Jellysimwich @JennaCatz @ChloeDeCookie @HYSterling @gramatique @Ciarassims @iiimee @Doll_9 @HappyPanda @xCurlySimmerx @XLexisimsX @natastic @krissybogey @Mzsammyrose @Sc3niX @KenzRe @Neverfalle @XLexisimsX
  • flubber32c4flubber32c4 Posts: 2,583 Member
    yup !! it works ;)
  • MajestycUnicornMajestycUnicorn Posts: 2,088 Member
    It worked for me @MizoreYukii
    AYB54uy.png
  • Doll_9Doll_9 Posts: 115 Member
    worked :)
    Z4l4EH8.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Works for me!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Worked
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    Worked for me :smiley:
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Yep it works! :D
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    Glad it finally worked! Thanks everyone! :smiley:

Now to question why it broke in the first place. Lol!
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
  • dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    tag worked for me :)
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    Sorry this hasn't been updated the past few days. My schedule has been a bit wacky! :sweat_smile:

• Added the new models to the tag list! Welcome, welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!
      @ThomasLeThomas @princess2109 @Spottydog714 @doicky96 @remi_narrow @CitizenErased14

• I have added a new color tag for competitions. Still trying to decide if I like it.
      SD Forum Too/Only (Hosted on Simmetry Design as well)
    • @JKAmaryllis has opened her Canvas competition here as well! Check it out!
      Canvas // by JKAmaryllis // All Games // SD Forum Too // Taking Applications (S4 Forum version here)
      This is a competition I ran way back in the sims 3 forum days. I loved it, and for some reason I have "competition fever" again. So against my better judgment, I've decided to do this again! *blows out competition cobwebs* Back on track, though, this competition is pretty unique. Unless stated otherwise, the pictures do not even require a sim to be in them! And when there is a sim, it's not even required to be the same sim. So obviously any gender on the spectrum is fine. Assignments will be centered around certain types of art or some kind of artistic theme or style. Some examples (and I might recycle these, so get your gears moving) from past competitions are pop art, propaganda, still life, steampunk, etc.
    • The lovely @BeechNutBaby has opened another competition, this time a fantasy based one!
      Dreamland - Fantasy Locations // by BeechNutBaby // All Games // SD Forum Too // Taking Applications
      Welcome to another fun-filled Beech competition!

This competition will be all new for me, but I'm SUPER excited for it and really looking forward to the kinds of unique photos you will create! I'm combining two themes that I've done in the past to hopefully spark some true inspiration and bring in some fabulous talent.

This isn't your typical fantasy photography competition and it is NOT a fashion competition. In fact, this is all about creativity and imagination. Editing skills will be helpful, but they are not required. I've seen some spectacular fantasy images done completely (or mostly) in game. So don't let the idea or title scare you away!

Basically, this competition will combine two themes: Fantasy and Locations. I've done both themes as separate competitions before, but I thought this would be so cool to combine the two.

Each round, I will simply post an EXAMPLE of the required location. Your task is to style your model and create the setting however you see fit and make a stunning fantasy photo. You will not be required to do anything aside from creating (or using a stock image) a setting that fits with what's posted under the assignments tab.

ALL kinds of YA-A models will be accepted: men, women, alien, fantasy creature, etc. As long as you can put your model into the given setting appropriately, you can submit any kind of model for this competition!
    • A few competitions have ended and announced the winner!
      Congrats to @pammiechick as Miss Texas for becoming MISS USA S02!
      Congrats to @LilacErin for winning Face Off Cycle 6!
    • These threads have been moved to the "Past Competitions" section.
      ~- The SHOT - The Next Photographer - Season 1 // by Ashlenn
      ~MYSTERY - Season 1 // by AngiesSmith
      ~Face Off Cycle 6 // by BeechNutBaby
    edited July 2016
    Updates:
    edited July 2016
    Updates:
    • Roflolmaocheese has updated their username to @kittymeow! The changes have been added.
    • I placed all tag lists into a "code" format beneath the original lists to see if that would help with the tagging issues. Let me know if it works better!
    • Just so everyone knows, @LemmyLouch is actually @Spookshow and @ZapGirl is @LilacErin. They changed their names forever ago. You can tell by clicking on the previous names, the profiles don't exist.
    • We have about 6 competitions in the finale or reaching the finale in a few weeks (there might actually be 7, and a few are in limbo due to extensions, voting/judging, etc.).
      If you have had a competition planned for a while (where is the submission for the "Upcoming" section or a poll to ensure it does well? ;)) and have been waiting to launch it, in about a week or two I recommend releasing it. Try not to cause an avalanche of competitions though (so don't release them all at once), keep your eyes peeled for other people releasing competitions ("Upcoming" section here helps with these issues). The recommendation is 5 new competitions maximum to avoid overwhelming everyone (we still have 4 taking applications already, and one that is recurring, so that would make a total of 10 comps!).
    • A new competition has started by @doicky96 !
      Miss Summer 2016 // by doicky96 // Sims 4 only // Taking Applications
      Will you be the first to be crowned Miss Summer 2016?

Hello, and welcome to my new (and first!) competition! As a long-time lurker and modelling beginner myself, I find the larger competitions quite intimidating (everyone is just so good!) so I decided I would set up a smaller competition to allow the beginners a chance to test out their skills- although more advanced models are obviously just as welcome!

Each round will have a Summer Based theme, for which models will have to dress/pose and pick an appropriate background for. Eventually, the winner will be crowned Miss Summer 2016 (and receive a cute personalized signature)!

I’m not looking for 100% perfect editing/photography- just simmers that are willing to put in the effort and try to improve their skills and enjoy competitions!

It’s the start of Miss Summer 2016- and things are about to get HOT!
    • Another competition has ended and announced the winner! And one was sadly canceled as well. :(
      Congrats to @gramatique for winning ♡The Sims 4 Simply Stunning♡! First competition and you nailed it! :sunglasses:
      Edit: I'm so forgetful! Congrats as well to @xJojox and @joanb615 for second and third place!
      Sorry to @Ash89 whose competition didn't get the attention it deserved. Hopefully the next competition does well!
    • These two competitions have been moved to the "Past" section.
  • dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    Great job on the updates Mizore :) You can tell there is a lot of time and work put into this and I really appreciate the effort! You're a blessing to the modelling community!!
    Quoting because I forgot to add several names before. *Sighs* :sweat:

@dafadolly Ah, thank you!! That made my day! :blush::smiley:
    Updates:
    • Roflolmaocheese has updated their username to @kittymeow! The changes have been added.
    • I placed all tag lists into a "code" format beneath the original lists to see if that would help with the tagging issues. Let me know if it works better!
    • Just so everyone knows, @LemmyLouch is actually @Spookshow and @ZapGirl is @LilacErin. They changed their names forever ago. You can tell by clicking on the previous names, the profiles don't exist.
    • We have about 6 competitions in the finale or reaching the finale in a few weeks (there might actually be 7, and a few are in limbo due to extensions, voting/judging, etc.).
      If you have had a competition planned for a while (where is the submission for the "Upcoming" section or a poll to ensure it does well? ;)) and have been waiting to launch it, in about a week or two I recommend releasing it. Try not to cause an avalanche of competitions though (so don't release them all at once), keep your eyes peeled for other people releasing competitions ("Upcoming" section here helps with these issues). The recommendation is 5 new competitions maximum to avoid overwhelming everyone (we still have 4 taking applications already, and one that is recurring, so that would make a total of 10 comps!).
    • A new competition has started by @doicky96 !
      Miss Summer 2016 // by doicky96 // Sims 4 only // Taking Applications
      Will you be the first to be crowned Miss Summer 2016?

Hello, and welcome to my new (and first!) competition! As a long-time lurker and modelling beginner myself, I find the larger competitions quite intimidating (everyone is just so good!) so I decided I would set up a smaller competition to allow the beginners a chance to test out their skills- although more advanced models are obviously just as welcome!

Each round will have a Summer Based theme, for which models will have to dress/pose and pick an appropriate background for. Eventually, the winner will be crowned Miss Summer 2016 (and receive a cute personalized signature)!

I’m not looking for 100% perfect editing/photography- just simmers that are willing to put in the effort and try to improve their skills and enjoy competitions!

It’s the start of Miss Summer 2016- and things are about to get HOT!
    • Another competition has ended and announced the winner! And one was sadly canceled as well. :(
      Congrats to @gramatique for winning ♡The Sims 4 Simply Stunning♡! First competition and you nailed it! :sunglasses:
      Edit: I'm so forgetful! Congrats as well to @xJojox and @joanb615 for second and third place!
      Sorry to @Ash89 whose competition didn't get the attention it deserved. Hopefully the next competition does well!
    • These two competitions have been moved to the "Past" section.
    edited July 2016
    Just a heads up for those of you who do not visit tumblr much and haven't seen the posts.

Mediafire is not only being more glitchy than normal, but it is also giving people viruses now via popups and even a popup blocker does not stop them. Please be careful when downloading, and if the host has an alternative option to Mediafire (like TSR or Dropbox) please use them instead.

If you must still use Mediafire for certain downloads, please use this method to avoid the popups!
    Mediafire has been acting up lately, but there is a way to bypass all the ads and stuff, besides an adblocker that doesn't always work.

If you right-click on the download button and click copy link address (edit: or copy link location), then paste it back into the search bar thingy, and press enter, it'll automatically download for you and skip all the ads and what not. That's what I've been doing and it keeps the nasty stuff away incase you don't have a choice!

Please spread the word and keep your computer safe!

@alexis3142 @lovejess2 @esharpmajor @themysticalpoet @HannaHasSims @Ash89 @Penguinwa101 @flubber32c4 @joanb615 @YJB19299 @picklesthecat114 @Amazingamphy @MaggiSimmer @Zita1966z @ironknight35 @BobSkellington @CazzTregurtha @psykt @MissBirdie @AshLenn @Kelebek @abillings1978 @xJojox @HAROZ @pammiechick @dafadolly @Pebblycat @abelhinha35 @MizoreYukii @LilacErin @BeechNutBaby @ColorMePink @Vanadis @IncomingVirus @ladybug65 @NotMeMaggie @JKAmaryllis @chealsycat @Ojenn @SakuraLeon @Meeshelby @PoppieGirl @Karababy52 @pigletpooh1 @Lorchies @Sims3fan1986 @ilovebunnys65 @Issabella14 @dollarbill88 @GuruFanNo1 @SimmerSparklezzz @MarkHarris17 @Vanderetro @Rivendellstar @bilalsaid @taigoesrawr @panthergirl2 @xProudxHufflepuffx @Rorygilmore34 @rosemow @BreeMiles @Frn0731 @Munterbacon @Sterretjeee @Chaos_Fairy @Hannie @Maladi777 @EmmaSmile @buydebug @Calico @strawberrigurl @JenLadyBird88 @katniss9 @fabtiffsim @AngiesSmith @Jellysimwich @JennaCatz @ChloeDeCookie @HYSterling @gramatique @Ciarassims @iiimee @Doll_9 @HappyPanda @xCurlySimmerx @XLexisimsX @natastic @krissybogey @Mzsammyrose @Sc3niX @KenzRe @Neverfalle @Jendowoz0612 @XLexisimsX @ThomasLeThomas @princess2109 @Spottydog714 @doicky96 @remi_narrow @CitizenErased14 @kittymeow
    Post edited by MizoreYukii on