Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    Ok, I will give it a try without the door first. I hate to take out walls or anything like that, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to recreate it to look like it did when you made it, but I really would like to make that a usable space for planting. I will let you know! :)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hiya! Snoopy here. :) You can turn on move objects on OR use the planter pots. Or you could place the Natures soil rugs from into the Future and leave them green or recolor them.

Ya, you would think a greenhouse would let you plant in them but.....

Edit: Haven't tried replacing the door with an arch to see if that would work.
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Hiya! Snoopy here. :) You can turn on move objects on OR use the planter pots. Or you could place the Natures soil rugs from into the Future and leave them green or recolor them.

Ya, you would think a greenhouse would let you plant in them but.....

Edit: Haven't tried replacing the door with an arch to see if that would work.

Thanks Rox for your input. She doesn't own ITF or Supernatural so she wouldn't be able to try the rugs or the planter pots. But maybe replacing the door with an arch might work.
    edited July 2016
    I am in game so I went and tried. No go on the arch. :'( And if you remove a wall, they won't fall down. Weird thing is, you can take a plant from buydebug (without MOO on) and the game will allow you to place it but if the sim tries to use a seed, it won't.

Edit: If she has the Stones Throw Greenhouse, it comes with a planter pot: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=13570&productId=OFB-SIM3:58192&section=UpSell
    I am in game so I went and tried. No go on the arch. :'( And if you remove a wall, they won't fall down. Weird thing is, you can take a plant from buydebug (without MOO on) and the game will allow you to place it but if the sim tries to use a seed, it won't.

Edit: If she has the Stones Throw Greenhouse, it comes with a planter pot: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=13570&productId=OFB-SIM3:58192&section=UpSell

Oh ok, I forgot about that planter pot, thanks Rox.

So I just went in game and my sim can only plant inside the greenhouse if I have MOO on. I get that same message, "must be outdoors" when I turn MOO off. And like you said Rox, removing the door and replacing with an arch has no effect. To be honest, I usually just put the plants from Buydebug in my gardens when building, since I don't often play, I mainly just use a sim to test the lot. Sorry, that's one area I didn't test out was planting from seeds.

@HSmith2016, So you have a couple options 1) play with MOO on, 2) use the planter pots or 3) take down the whole greenhouse and just leave the swiftgro there. :( I would go with one of the first two options, lol. Good luck and let us know how it worked out.
    Ok, can someone please walk me through MOO in layman's terms? I've never done that before. Lol :blush:
    And I do have the Stones Throw Greenhouse, but I don't know if I've ever used the pots. I will try to find them. Do they work the same as just planting a seed in the ground?
    Thanks for helping me out, guys!!
    edited July 2016
    Yes, I believe you can plant in the pots just like in the ground.

Sorry about that, I assumed most everyone uses this cheat, lol. I can't build without it. :D

MOO is an abbreviation for the cheat "MoveObjects On", to allow you to move objects out of their grid spaces.

To enter it, you will use these 3 keys on your keyboard and hold down at the same time: "CTRL"+"SHIFT"+"C" - this will bring up the cheat console at the top of your screen. It looks like a transparent bar that will allow you to type in it - use your mouse to click in it first.

In the cheat console, then you type this in: MoveObjects On (then hit enter) OR MoveObjects Off. You will put a "space" before the words on or off. To get out of the console you either hit escape or enter (enter if you want to keep the cheat you entered).

I hope I've explained it enough and hope this helps.

Here's more info about this cheat: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Moveobjects
    Ok so then once I type that in, I can just place a seed in the ground wherever and it will grow like normal? Sorry, I know these seem like silly questions and I have heard of MOO but I've never used it.
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    Ok so then once I type that in, I can just place a seed in the ground wherever and it will grow like normal? Sorry, I know these seem like silly questions and I have heard of MOO but I've never used it.

Yes, it worked for me after I turned on MOO; my sim was able to go in the greenhouse and take a seed from her inventory and plant it. But when MOO was off, it wouldn't let me and I got that error message. :)
    :cry: Well, now it looks like I have another, very different, very bad it seems, problem... I can't load the house into Lucky Palms! I had everything in place, even took pictures of Karmen in her house, and then my game just crashed. Shut right down, got a popup saying that something had happened and that it would close the program. I didn't freak out or anything, thought ok maybe I played too long or something and the computer just needed to cool down. Well, of course it didn't save anything. Soooo... when I opened up my game tonight to see if I could figure out the planting issue, I couldn't find my game at all. It just didn't save, so I clicked on New Game and loaded up Lucky Palms to redo it, everything went fine until I clicked on the Hacienda de la Karmen to place it, I got the same message that I had got the other day and the game shut down on me. I walked away for about a half hour and loaded the game back up again, went into a different saved game and it loaded fine. I was able to play it for a bit, save it, and then went to the main menu to see if I could go to Lucky Palms. Same story, the world loaded up fine, but when I went to place the house, it shut down again. :scream: I haven't tried to place the house in any other world, maybe I should try that before getting really upset, but if anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening, I'm all ears. If I have to take this question to the tech section, I will. I cleared all my caches and cookies like I'm supposed to do, I do that all the time. I haven't had this problem before. HELP!!!
    edited February 15
    LA BOULANGERIE DE JOSETTE, commercial bakery on a 25x25 lot, built in Roaring Heights, 7/8/16

DOWNLOAD

This is a commercial bakery lot (hangout) but your sim has the option to make this a home bakery by converting the 2nd floor space into a house (which is currently used for storage). The bakery is decorated in blacks and whites and has both indoor and outdoor dining. Uses the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery set, the Old Miller Tea Time set and the croissants bar.

oaJofa7.jpg
    DH6TzYC.jpg
    EKIhxad.jpg
    no7wzW5.jpg
    baGzE9f.jpg
    Bj3XsDc.jpg
    ARIPtau.jpg
    CKzTAsH.jpg
    JSr462p.jpg
    TQdfdFX.jpg
    wGI6Hki.jpg
    NbGH50N.jpg
    ZRkneIB.jpg
    L8JyD5S.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
    :cry: Well, now it looks like I have another, very different, very bad it seems, problem... I can't load the house into Lucky Palms! I had everything in place, even took pictures of Karmen in her house, and then my game just crashed. Shut right down, got a popup saying that something had happened and that it would close the program. I didn't freak out or anything, thought ok maybe I played too long or something and the computer just needed to cool down. Well, of course it didn't save anything. Soooo... when I opened up my game tonight to see if I could figure out the planting issue, I couldn't find my game at all. It just didn't save, so I clicked on New Game and loaded up Lucky Palms to redo it, everything went fine until I clicked on the Hacienda de la Karmen to place it, I got the same message that I had got the other day and the game shut down on me. I walked away for about a half hour and loaded the game back up again, went into a different saved game and it loaded fine. I was able to play it for a bit, save it, and then went to the main menu to see if I could go to Lucky Palms. Same story, the world loaded up fine, but when I went to place the house, it shut down again. :scream: I haven't tried to place the house in any other world, maybe I should try that before getting really upset, but if anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening, I'm all ears. If I have to take this question to the tech section, I will. I cleared all my caches and cookies like I'm supposed to do, I do that all the time. I haven't had this problem before. HELP!!!

Oh no, sorry this has happened to you Holly. I'm no expert on game issues, but it kind of sounds like a corrupt game save. I had a similar issue once where my game kept crashing and then as soon as I would load up the world and try to click on a house it would crash again with some error message. I, of course freaked out thinking I had lost what work I had done on a build, but I was able to get around it by opening up a new game (and I had renamed the world) and then it worked fine.

I have a few questions for you:

1. Before your game crashed, were you already playing in Lucky Palms with the hacienda house, or had you placed the hacienda into a different world?

2. When you went into a different saved game, and were able to play it and save it, were you playing the hacienda house or a different house? And were you in Lucky Palms or a different world?

You might try some of these ideas: I would try placing the house in a different world, and also try placing a different house when in LP. I would also open up a new Lucky Palms and then save it as a different name, like Lucky Palms 2.

I hope it works for you, and I can feel your pain and frustration! :/:s:*:o
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Gorgeous bakery/hangout Ms Sandy. LOVE the colors and textures and ooooooo the goodies....I sooo want a piece of that wedding cake :p
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    La Boulangerie de Josette is such a very nice bakery build! :) Very nice exterior design of the bakery! The layout of the build looks very great! It looks very nice how the cornices are used in the build. Very nice black and white colour scheme of both the exterior and interior areas. The awnings look nice. The fenced flowers and seat bench sitting area outside the front of the bakery is very nice for sims to sit and rest there in the outdoors air. It looks very pretty! They will enjoy eating candy floss there. Very nice outdoors dining area! Sims will enjoy dining at the umbrella covered tables in the sunshine. It is nice that there is s barista bar there for sims to enjoy buying food and drink from to eat and drink at the tables. The water fountain and flowers around the base of it looks very nice there! The brick exterior wall texture looks nice . The flowers bed in the front courtyard looks very pretty! The blue open shutter windows are nice touches in the build. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue! It looks very nice how the dining tables and chairs are set up there. The type of tables and chairs used look very nice. The flowers are nice touches on the table tops. The glass display shelves cases and food racks area looks great! Sims will enjoy buying items from there. The cookie jars and cakes look great on the cases and counters. Very nice kitchen area! The l shaped island work bench counter looks great! The kitchen decor are nice touches on the kitchen walls. Very nice bathrooms. The patterning on the bathroom walls looks nice and the chequered flooring gives a great look to the rooms.
    It is a very nice bakery! :)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    La Boulangerie de Josette love sweetie very beautiful and amazing detail. Will Rec'd when I'm back on exchange. Hugs
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Oooh, La Boulangerie de Josette came out totally beautifully Sandy. Loving what you did with this. The displays look totally scrumptious and the layout and colour scheme are so inviting. Well done! Off to rec now :smiley:
    Thank you @Cassee, @BreeMiles , @rosemow and @soocoolsim .... this was a fun build to do for a change and my first time making a bakery. Glad you like and thank you for the recs! :)
    I love that bakery, @Sandraelle! One of these days, when I have all the EPs (and SPs), I will be downloading a ton of homes/businesses in my game, I just know it! ;):smiley: I did rec it for you, though!

I just wanted to pop in real quick to let you know that with your help I figured out my game. It was a corrupted save, for whatever reason. I deleted the Lucky Palms world I had been playing in and loaded up a brand new one. It loaded perfectly and I was able to place the home and play like nothing had happened at all! So yay!! Ugh... I think I was just overtired last night and frustrated, got a little freaked out over the whole thing.
    I love that bakery, @Sandraelle! One of these days, when I have all the EPs (and SPs), I will be downloading a ton of homes/businesses in my game, I just know it! ;):smiley: I did rec it for you, though!

I just wanted to pop in real quick to let you know that with your help I figured out my game. It was a corrupted save, for whatever reason. I deleted the Lucky Palms world I had been playing in and loaded up a brand new one. It loaded perfectly and I was able to place the home and play like nothing had happened at all! So yay!! Ugh... I think I was just overtired last night and frustrated, got a little freaked out over the whole thing.

Oh yay, so glad it's working now. I totally understand about getting a little freaked out when something like that happens. I'm not sure what causes corrupted saves, but I do save my game like every 15 mins because I've had my game freeze too many times, so I've learned, lol.

Thanks for the rec on the bakery...it was fun to build. I hope you are able to get some more EP's/SP's in the future. It takes time to get all of them (and expensive!). Have a good weekend Holly. And say hello to Karmen for me! :wink:
    Sneaky, sneaky! Love it and what is the croissants bar and where is it from???? Is that it in Pic #9?
    Sneaky, sneaky! Love it and what is the croissants bar and where is it from???? Is that it in Pic #9?

Hehe, yes in pic #9, it's called the "Quick Croissants Coffee Bar" and it comes with University Life. Has snacks and drinks.
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member
    Hi Sandraelle just popped by to get your HACIENDA DE LA KARMEN as im playing Falllout 4 at the moment as Hubby and Gill got it for me for my Birthday but starting to miss my Sims 3 ;) so I will have to play soon and use the Hacienda and maybe for a Models home (one of your Sims) for Pics if thats ok with a mention too :) Oh the Bakery is so Beautiful btw loving the black and white smartness design. So bye for now, hugs
    Hi Sandraelle just popped by to get your HACIENDA DE LA KARMEN as im playing Falllout 4 at the moment as Hubby and Gill got it for me for my Birthday but starting to miss my Sims 3 ;) so I will have to play soon and use the Hacienda and maybe for a Models home (one of your Sims) for Pics if thats ok with a mention too :) Oh the Bakery is so Beautiful btw loving the black and white smartness design. So bye for now, hugs

@luckyheather , Hi Hilary. Glad you are enjoying your new game. So nice that you are going to use the Hacienda, and yes that is totally fine to use it for your models (would love to see pics when you're done)! Thanks, I'm glad you like the black and white theme on my bakery. Good to hear from you! Hugz :)
  • StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    What a cute bakery, I really like the black and white design to it
  • luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    I love love love the bakery!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top