Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
Sometimes new discussion threads are restricted for new members. You may not be able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
If you have a Sims 3.game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Just a little information. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, start new threads,,have a signature, post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • SimmerForverSimmerForver Posts: 3 New Member
    Earlier today I was playing the sims 3 for like 5 mins until my laptop restarted and I forgot that it was schedule for upgrade to windows 10. After it was done upgrading I got back on to play the sims 3 again but my game seemed darker and was so slow. Before the upgrade it ran smoothly and perfect but now i dont know what happened. Please help me fix my game.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Earlier today I was playing the sims 3 for like 5 mins until my laptop restarted and I forgot that it was schedule for upgrade to windows 10. After it was done upgrading I got back on to play the sims 3 again but my game seemed darker and was so slow. Before the upgrade it ran smoothly and perfect but now i dont know what happened. Please help me fix my game.

If you want You can go back to your previous Windows. Settings > Update & security > Recovery and selecting either Go back to Windows 7 or Go back to Windows 8.1. Nothing should change. I would recommend going back to your previous Windows.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited July 2016

I believe I posted to you in another thread. When you update to windows 10 you need to update your computer drivers. Including your video card driver
  • GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    I had my computer cleaned out and basically refurbished but I can't play TS3 because the game keeps freezing. At first it wouldn't even load and found out the Mods folder with Overwatch was still in the game files and after removing the contents the game came up but many, most, of the saves were greyed out and the ones that weren't wouldn't load. The worlds weren't there and I know they were installed. I disabled pets and horse spawning but that didn't help the freezing with the one new save I left in. Graphics are slightly off too, Blurry? Not on Windows 10 yet. Any suggestions as to why the game freezes? Or should I just go ahead and contact HELP again.
  • munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    Hiya, everytime I send a sim to university, it crashes on the loading screen and I get the usual "sims 3 is not responding", I use origin and have just installed University on this machine, I have played it before but this is a fresh boot up of The Sims 3.

Help would be much appreciated.
    munchiepoo wrote: »
    Hiya, everytime I send a sim to university, it crashes on the loading screen and I get the usual "sims 3 is not responding", I use origin and have just installed University on this machine, I have played it before but this is a fresh boot up of The Sims 3.

I responded here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893246/issue-installing-origin#latest
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    munchiepoo wrote: »

In addition to the specs request above, I would add the following.

Is it crashing upon attempting to startup the game, or did you mean during the travel transition to/from Uni World? Travel transitions, if that's where you meant, are very jarring to the game. It's even worse when sims get stuck at Uni at the end of a term and the player finds it impossible to bring them back home. If not totally averse to using mods, I would strongly recommend NRaas Traveler, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap. That combination works together really hard to prevent such glitches.

Without mods, the best you can do is turn down all graphics settings in Game Options to the bare ugly minimum temporarily (you can set them back after a safe arrival) and only attempt a travel transition after freshly having started up the game in order to reduce load on the system during the transition.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Sof06Sof06 Posts: 5 New Member
    Someone came to steal my house but the police came and the burglar escaped apparently but the alarm couldn't stop sounding not letting my sims sleep for days and the policeman got stuck in my house. I reseted the policeman and erased the burglar alarm. Everything was going just fine but my sim had a baby and I had to buy some baby stuff but when I tried the buy mode or build mode it said I couldn't buy anything because there was a burglar trying to steal (which there wasn't). I can't move out or edit the city for the same reason. I called the cops and they say the burglar has escaped but still, I cant buy or build. What can I do?
    edited July 2016
    Sof06 wrote: »
    Someone came to steal my house but the police came and the burglar escaped apparently but the alarm couldn't stop sounding not letting my sims sleep for days and the policeman got stuck in my house. I reseted the policeman and erased the burglar alarm. Everything was going just fine but my sim had a baby and I had to buy some baby stuff but when I tried the buy mode or build mode it said I couldn't buy anything because there was a burglar trying to steal (which there wasn't). I can't move out or edit the city for the same reason. I called the cops and they say the burglar has escaped but still, I cant buy or build. What can I do?

Hi there. This one sounds difficult if you cannot get to Edit Town to try switching active households or reset the current one. If you (Save As) and quit the game completely, then load it up again are you able to get into Edit Town?

I am assuming you do not have mods in play -- some of them like NRaas MasterController have commands that might be able to free up the stuck burglar scenario.

The only thing I can think of is resetting the entire world. Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheats console, then resetsim * (enter). The star means everyone in your world will be reset.

If that doesn't unstick things, the only other way out I can think of would be to revert play to a saved game from before the burglar first arrived. But you have to have such an older save already available to revert to.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Sof06Sof06 Posts: 5 New Member
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! It worked!
  • Rachieroo85Rachieroo85 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi I'm at the end of my tether. I have been playing Sims 3 fine for a good few years. Had the odd problem that were fixed easily. However yesterday, as per usual I switched my pc on, waited for it to load. Signed into origin, and clicked on play, the button goes pale as normal but Nothing else happened. So I went on to this forum and searched this problem. I have tried all the advise. Checking my task bar, forcing closed origin (nothing regarding the Sims is showing here). Trying to launch through ts3w, logging out of origin and back in. Still nothing. I can't get into Sims launcher at all. Think it's important to know I'm currently off line and have been for 6 months, never had a problem with this up untill now. my games are a mix of downloads and discs and I'm trying everything without having to uninstall because my base game and most expansions are downloaded from origin a couple even through EA. So I won't be able to play if I uninstall. After spendinga small fortune on Sims 3 I'm now literally pulling my hair out..... !! And I refuse to spend all that money again upgrading to Sims 4 when this happens so easily!!! I could honestly cry!! Please help me x
    Ohhh when I try to log out of origin it says cannot because I'm in game play. But the game has not launched.
    edited August 2016
    Ohhh when I try to log out of origin it says cannot because I'm in game play. But the game has not launched.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin. If you mix download and disc you are at the 1.69 patch. You have to check off each ep in the launcher you want to play every time you play

PS you have to be on line to log into origin and then put origin in off line mode. Once your at the 1.69 patch you can no longer use the TS3w file to start the game. The game on the 1.69 patch starts from the TS3.exe file

Uninstalling the game will not bring you back to the 1.67 patch. The only way to stay at the 1.67 patch is if you have the game all disc and own the base game issued before 2012 that does not require origin.
    Can I do that without internet? My personal hotspot is very weak as I live next to an airport
    Can I do that without internet? My personal hotspot is very weak as I live next to an airport

No. You have to be on line to log into origin to put the game in off line mode. I edited my post above to include more info but you may not have read it so please read my post above
    Ok thanks, your a diamond!!!. Just hope these planes stop for long enough to reinstall it....
    Hiya, ok I've done that. Now the Sims 3 is appearing in my background prossesses. But still no launcher. Also have tried TS3.exe and does exactly the same thing
    Upon further investigation I have found that all is fine until I attempt to launch Sims. Then I get 100% disk space on task manager. But if I force close Sims only it goes back to 1% this must mean origin isn't the problem. Sims is. Any ideas? Xx
    If you haven't already done so, try pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents to your Desktop for safekeeping. The game should spawn a new one on its next attempted launch. Can you get things started on a clean game folder?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    No same issue. When I look on on analize wait chain it says one or more threads of Sims3Launcher.exe are waiting to finish network l/O.
    And gives me a PID no. And THREAD no.
  • ImightjustbecoolImightjustbecool Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry for putting this in the wrong thread originally if I could figure out how to delete it I would. I'm doing the hybrid baby challenge, and my sim's husband died from eating the jelly bean, and as he was being "collected" by the grim reaper, our family dog Chico autonomously begged the grim reaper to save Aleksey's life. But once, he was brought back his relationship with his wife was completely messed up. The social bar says they're engaged, but they can't have a private wedding or a wedding party they can only have bachelor/bachelorette parties. And to make it even weirder they can't have a private wedding but they can continuously ask each other to go steady. The family tree and they have no line connecting them on the family tree. I've tried resetting Aleksey, marrying them with the arch. I really don't want to have to change out the sims, because I don't want to lose their relationships.
    Sorry for putting this in the wrong thread originally if I could figure out how to delete it I would. I'm doing the hybrid baby challenge, and my sim's husband died from eating the jelly bean, and as he was being "collected" by the grim reaper, our family dog Chico autonomously begged the grim reaper to save Aleksey's life. But once, he was brought back his relationship with his wife was completely messed up. The social bar says they're engaged, but they can't have a private wedding or a wedding party they can only have bachelor/bachelorette parties. And to make it even weirder they can't have a private wedding but they can continuously ask each other to go steady. The family tree and they have no line connecting them on the family tree. I've tried resetting Aleksey, marrying them with the arch. I really don't want to have to change out the sims, because I don't want to lose their relationships.

Hi there. If not averse to using mods, this kind of thing can be fixed pretty easily with NRaas MasterController as it can be used to set your two sims to whatever relationship level they were supposed to have, including married.

Without mods, this is tricky. You will have to degrade their relationship down lower if you can. Try Breakup and then Let's Just Be Friends (or something like that), which should be under the Mean interactions until they have no romantic relationship at all. Then build them back up again from the beginning -- Romantic Interest to Steady, Engaged, and hopefully they can then get remarried.

Another option is to revert to a save from before the jelly bean incident happened and replay that part of the game, if you have such an older save available.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • mommarhondamommarhonda Posts: 2 New Member
    For a little over a year, I've been having a continous problem with my saved sims games just disappearing. I'll be playing a family and then one day I'll log back on and they'll be gone and a family I played months ago will reappear in their place. Any custom content or sims I've saved to the bin since then will be gone, too. But then a few weeks later the same family will pop back up, replacing the other family. It's just became this continuous cycle and I have no idea on how to fix it. (the sims don't seem to always be in the backups folder, either). Luckily, none of my paid expansion packs seem to go missing and still work fine.

I've gotten used to it, but now its starting to bug me. I recently figured out how to download mods, which are amazing (as long as they work correctly), however, after playing with them for a few days the same thing happened, and my mods don't work in game anymore. They're still in tact in the mods folder, everythings in place where it should be, but they're just not working anymore and my old family is gone. I've tried deleting and reinstalling a few of the mods, but that doesn't seem to work, either. At this point, I'm just waiting for my current game to disappear so my old family will come back as well as the mods. I don't know what to do anymore and this is starting to really frustrate me.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top