Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

User interface for the sims 2 / MOD IN PROGRESS

Comments

• MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I could make a black transparent border that turns white on the active sims.. well like on the picture above

I think that would look good c: I've been playing with the ui since I downloaded it the day you released it and it's easy to get used to.not as in your face as the default ui is for me .i think it's the step in the right direction .keep it up!
    Happy Simming!♥
  • MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    Hey everyone just to let you know this is still alive im just very busy with real life hopefully everyone is enjoying their summer so far! love y'all
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @Maglxisback You said you inserted two mods into your UI mod: color seasons and maxmotives mod. I saw your explanation of what the color seasons mod does, but can't find anything on maxmotives mod. That doesn't sound UI related based on the title of the mod. What does it do? I have a ton of mods for Sims 2, nothing for the UI and just want to know what I'm getting before I try it out.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Nice work.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    edited July 2016
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    @Maglxisback You said you inserted two mods into your UI mod: color seasons and maxmotives mod. I saw your explanation of what the color seasons mod does, but can't find anything on maxmotives mod. That doesn't sound UI related based on the title of the mod. What does it do? I have a ton of mods for Sims 2, nothing for the UI and just want to know what I'm getting before I try it out.

Basically what the max motives mod does is once a need is fill up to 100% the bar within the UI turns white for a few second instead of just staying green so its some kind of visual warning to let the player know whats full and whats not.. Pretty much like the aspiration and motivation bar when their maxed out..I think it just suits the rest of maxis design. Try it out :)
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Nice work.
    thank you

EDIT: Just like onto this picture we can see that his fun bar is has reach full capacity
    SIMPLIFIED1_STRELEASE.png
    Post edited by Maglxisback on
    Thanks. I'll be testing it out when I load my game up next.
    Thanks. I'll be testing it out when I load my game up next.
    Np!!

Ok so here's a little preview of whats to come into alpha 1.2 For now a brand new actions wheel everybody! :)

isimplified.png
    Some feedback/suggestions from just popping in for a few minutes:
    • Contrast on the Content Modified, the do you want to save before exiting/going to neighborhood, and unattached subhoods pop ups is too low. Those who are color blind or bad lighting due to environment or monitor may have trouble reading the prompts. This is more of an issue for new players than old players. The contrast is also hard to read on the game tips for the "Step # of #" text.
    • The bright white on the do you want to play a particular neighborhood or a specific neighborhood's subhood on the main menu is a bit bright as others have mentioned.
    • Don't forget about the Family Mementos, Family Tree, Story Mode, and Lifetime Aspiration Benefits sections. They appeared to be unmodified.
    • Some panels were partially see through (needs) while others are more opaque (wants/fears, simbology). Both look good, but it's a bit odd to have both. I suggest picking one.
    • On the Rewards panel, there is a black bar across the right side that ends just as the delete from inventory button pops up. I did remove all of my mods just in case I had a conflict and it still showed up in a version of the game that only had the iSimplified mod. My resolution is 1440x900 in game if that makes a difference. I'd show a print screen but my lovely print screen feature seems to not want to print screen the game, but instead the windows I have behind the game.
    • The options menu while in a house has the left 20% as partially see through and the right 80% as opaque. The division point is basically the right edge of the picture of the camera. While in neighborhood view the left 20% is invisible and the right 80% is partially see through.

I have the Ultimate Collection if that makes any difference. Let me know if you want any pictures and I can try to get some. I can't use print screen as my computer thinks I want the image of what would be on the screen if I minimized the game. So it's a bit more complicated to get pictures if you can get what I'm saying with text only.

I did test in an environment where this was the only mod installed just to make sure I didn't have any possible conflicts.

But overall, I like it. And even with the bugs I'm experiencing, I don't think I'll remove it. My favorite thing about it at the moment is that you have the preview of the item you're buying in buy mode as partially see through and enough so that I can put the item I'm thinking about putting over the walls and floors and other items in the room to see if the recolor chosen works or doesn't work. Without having to drag it out into the open.

As for the action wheel, I'm torn. I like the black background and green highlighted for what your mouse is over appearance wise by itself, but your current pictures looks like it matches the rest of the UI more. Since the former is more subjective than not, I'd go with what you're planning on changing it to, because it fits the theme more.
    Some feedback/suggestions from just popping in for a few minutes:

I have the Ultimate Collection if that makes any difference. Let me know if you want any pictures and I can try to get some. I can't use print screen as my computer thinks I want the image of what would be on the screen if I minimized the game. So it's a bit more complicated to get pictures if you can get what I'm saying with text only.

I did test in an environment where this was the only mod installed just to make sure I didn't have any possible conflicts.

But overall, I like it. And even with the bugs I'm experiencing, I don't think I'll remove it. My favorite thing about it at the moment is that you have the preview of the item you're buying in buy mode as partially see through and enough so that I can put the item I'm thinking about putting over the walls and floors and other items in the room to see if the recolor chosen works or doesn't work. Without having to drag it out into the open.

As for the action wheel, I'm torn. I like the black background and green highlighted for what your mouse is over appearance wise by itself, but your current pictures looks like it matches the rest of the UI more. Since the former is more subjective than not, I'd go with what you're planning on changing it to, because it fits the theme more.

First off thanks for taking the time to get involve I appreciate it very much. I am also very happy that in overall your enjoying it because so do i and im always looking foward to improve it and make everything better. Slowly but surely everything takes alot of time to put in place and this is why I advertise it as an alpha, there is so much to do and there is a difference between doing something to get ride of it and taking time to make sure its perfect... a concept EA dosnt quite seems to get. yet... Anyway. Enough talking my eyes hurts ive been working on alpha 1.2 all day and there is now a good noticable difference between 1.1 and 1.2 i think its time to put it out :)

• Contrast on the Content Modified, the do you want to save before exiting/going to neighborhood, and unattached subhoods pop ups is too low. Those who are color blind or bad lighting due to environment or monitor may have trouble reading the prompts. This is more of an issue for new players than old players. The contrast is also hard to read on the game tips for the "Step # of #" text.
      Yes it has been like this ever since I started working on this UI it is based on blackglass v3 from modthesims 2. like most of menus and frames right now are in this condition. thought I have fixed the one we use in the menu to quit etc. it will be available soon within alpha 1.2 :)
    • The bright white on the do you want to play a particular neighborhood or a specific neighborhood's subhood on the main menu is a bit bright as others have mentioned.
      Yes I have change the background in aplha 1.2
    • Don't forget about the Family Mementos, Family Tree, Story Mode, and Lifetime Aspiration Benefits sections. They appeared to be unmodified.
      Yes this is definitely a priority.
    • Some panels were partially see through (needs) while others are more opaque (wants/fears, simbology). Both look good, but it's a bit odd to have both. I suggest picking one.
      I do agree it makes everything a bit off.
    • On the Rewards panel, there is a black bar across the right side that ends just as the delete from inventory button pops up. I did remove all of my mods just in case I had a conflict and it still showed up in a version of the game that only had the iSimplified mod. My resolution is 1440x900 in game if that makes a difference. I'd show a print screen but my lovely print screen feature seems to not want to print screen the game, but instead the windows I have behind the game.
      hmmm. This id like to see an screenshot somehow if you can take one with your phone it would help me alot.
    • The options menu while in a house has the left 20% as partially see through and the right 80% as opaque. The division point is basically the right edge of the picture of the camera. While in neighborhood view the left 20% is invisible and the right 80% is partially see through.
      hmmm yes I think I know what your taking about well reason why is because im focusing on other things and i have put this part of the UI a side. but I will get back there and finish those area later on. Im mostly working on the UI in game same with C.A.S ...which is a complete disaster lol
    edited July 2016
    Well that's it for today going to bed but before.. here's a little teaser.
    Alpha 1.2 will be live tommorow!!! B) Good night everyone
    isimplified.png
    edited July 2016
    Well guys never mind the teaser...because alpha 1.3 is here :D with more bug fix and enhancement it is ridiculously beautiful and pleasing to the eyes. A much better and complete version than before that im proud to present to you all... Saay good bye to your old UI and give a warm welcome to Isimplified 1.3 :))))
    preview1.png
    preview2.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I love this. Unfortunately I no longer have Sims 2 installed and I'm too lazy but I love the newer look for the UI
    edited July 2016
    TO THOSE WHO DOWNLOADED 1.3 BEFORE THE 9TH OFJULY PLEASE REDOWNLOAD THANKYOU :smiley:
    edited July 2016
    Latest update... Isimplified has been now uploaded to make its way to modthesims.info <3
    gold_PNG1097122.png
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    Latest update... Isimplified has been now uploaded to make its way to modthesims.info <3
    gold_PNG1097122.png

Awesome! I hope it goes through! :)
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
    edited July 2016
    Up coming changes in version 1.4
    • Many bugs fix within pets live mode and enhancement of their panels
    • Many bugs fix within sims live mode and enhancement of their relationship, skills & carrers, simology and reward panels
    • The time speed controller has been redesign to fit the theme
    • Many touch up and optimization has been done such as jagged edge being smoothin out and colors enhance in many parts of the new UI.
    • The build and buy mode are currently being polished and bug free inspected.
    • The notification window and bar in live mode have been redesigned to fit in with the new design.
    • A completely compatible base game version is being worked on and should be soon released.

As i fix things i will try to update this post for future reference...
    Have a good day everyone
    Update 1.4 is now live !! Download link available on first page :)
  • PlanckadePlanckade Posts: 5 New Member

I usually do not use The Sims forums for mods -- in fact this is the first time I've used my account to leave feedback for such a purpose -- but your UI design I download last night is just fantastic. Such a sleek, innovative design really breathes life into the ageing game UI. It has a very professional style, I'm excited to see it's development in the future as well as your development of your skills. You have such great potential and the time and care put into this project is evident.

Below I've uploaded some screenshots with annotations on the parts I think work really well as well as areas I think could be tweaked or improved upon. Please note this is all in my personal experience of the game using ALPHA 1.4 Xtreme edition, other users mileage may vary:

s31.postimg.org/vxyzzjz17/UI_1 .png

s31.postimg.org/chead13x7/UI_2 .png

s31.postimg.org/52oykni1n/UI_3 .png

s31.postimg.org/ggbhvuskb/UI_4 .png

s31.postimg.org/guctvgcnv/UI_5 .png

Also might be worth looking at The Compressorizer: a tool used to reduce the bloat size of .package files in the Downloads folder without interfering with usability -- in some cases actually speeding up boot times on slower computers. It reduces the the file size of your mod from 7.56 MB to just 2.2 MB. Much more manageable for computers with less space to spare.

Looking forward to the next update!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Your photos aren't working because you are a New Member. You'll have to either share a link to where you have them stored, or get a member to post them.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • PlanckadePlanckade Posts: 5 New Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Your photos aren't working because you are a New Member. You'll have to either share a link to where you have them stored, or get a member to post them.
    Thank you for your concern lisamwitt, but I was aware this may be the case which is why I have posted the links directly to the images and not attached them -- copying and pasting the URLs into the browser should be sufficient. If you would like to post them on this forum on my behalf so they appear here too, it would be great appreciated.

• ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    The link appears to no longer be working?
    I'd love to have this mod! It looks gorgeous.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
    edited September 2016
    Erin wrote: »
    The link appears to no longer be working?
    I'd love to have this mod! It looks gorgeous.
    Hi Erin & Everbody! sorry about the link it went down.. here's a new one. No update till this day as been made it is still alpha 1.4 :) Ok people have a very good weekend xox
    gold_PNG109722221.png

<3megafileupload.com/7sn9/isimplified.package <3
    Planckade wrote: »
    I usually do not use The Sims forums for mods -- in fact this is the first time I've used my account to leave feedback for such a purpose -- but your UI design I download last night is just fantastic. Such a sleek, innovative design really breathes life into the ageing game UI. It has a very professional style, I'm excited to see it's development in the future as well as your development of your skills. You have such great potential and the time and care put into this project is evident.

Below I've uploaded some screenshots with annotations on the parts I think work really well as well as areas I think could be tweaked or improved upon. Please note this is all in my personal experience of the game using ALPHA 1.4 Xtreme edition, other users mileage may vary:

s31.postimg.org/vxyzzjz17/UI_1 .png

s31.postimg.org/chead13x7/UI_2 .png

s31.postimg.org/52oykni1n/UI_3 .png

s31.postimg.org/ggbhvuskb/UI_4 .png

s31.postimg.org/guctvgcnv/UI_5 .png

Also might be worth looking at The Compressorizer: a tool used to reduce the bloat size of .package files in the Downloads folder without interfering with usability -- in some cases actually speeding up boot times on slower computers. It reduces the the file size of your mod from 7.56 MB to just 2.2 MB. Much more manageable for computers with less space to spare.

Looking forward to the next update!

I heard ya !!! thank you so much for those delightful words !
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Omg! This looks so great! *downloading* many thanks @Maglxisback :)

I guess you can't do anything about the buy mode catalogue items being so tiny (not just in your UI but in general...I guess it has to do with my screen resolution but it's worth a try...)
    edited September 2016
    QDog wrote: »
    Omg! This looks so great! *downloading* many thanks @Maglxisback :)

I guess you can't do anything about the buy mode catalogue items being so tiny (not just in your UI but in general...I guess it has to do with my screen resolution but it's worth a try...)

I wish I COULD ! but im not very good with coding just redesigning the UI . maybe someone could do this thought ! if you ask over modthesims forum someone might do it :)