Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mac: Resizing objects

Comments

• melaniegohmelaniegoh Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2015
    hi can anyone tell me how to get my oversized bed back to normal? i accidentally made it so big until i can't even select it and resize it back smaller. I was trying to rotate it but it ended up getting enlarged.
  • ag2756ag2756 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2016
    i dosen't work? i have a macbook and for me there aren't even that symbol thing! What do i do?
    well i have the new macbook pro! What do i do?
    IT WORKED WITH shift+å! bcs I'm from sweden :smiley:
  • alexpilgrimalexpilgrim Posts: 1 New Member
    I can make objects bigger with cmd+] but can't make them smaller with cmd+[ ... can you make something smaller than it's original size???
    :(
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I can make objects bigger with cmd+] but can't make them smaller with cmd+[ ... can you make something smaller than it's original size???
    :(

No

apple-signature.png
  • crispcrunchgirlcrispcrunchgirl Posts: 434 Member
    I used Shift + ] and it works. I think that's the combination anyways.
    uWoZIHf.gif
  • CauIiflowerCauIiflower Posts: 86 Member
    What about a French Canadian keyboard? It doesn't work for me :(.
  • JojodougJojodoug Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi everyone! I am trying to resize objects on The Sims 4 and I cannot figure out how. I have a Mac and an Apple Magic Keyboard - French Canadian. I tried enabling cheats and pressing shift ] and that doesn't work. Instead, it just moves the object up. Anyone know how to resize items with this kind of keyboard?
    @Jojodoug we have the same problem haha.
    @Cauliflower Yes, it looks like we do. I am glad I am not the only one. Hopefully someone will be able to help us :smile:
    @Jojodoug I contacted EA on fb 2 times about this problem. The first time they answered that it was the same as other keyboards (which is a lie) and the second time well...They never answered me back. :(
    Really? Sounds like they don't even know themselves because it is not the same as other keyboards at all! What did you say to them in your second message about it?
    I can't find the second message since I tagged them on fb (they usually answer when u tag). It was something like ''It is not working and I am still waiting for an answer"
    I forgot to tag you @Cauliflower
    @Cauliflower Aw, man... That is really too bad. Hopefully they are trying to figure it out. I am hoping someone else has figured it out, though. I have some building ideas I want to do with the resizing feature.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited June 2016
    Have you tried switching to the US keyboard on your Mac? I'm guessing that your keyboard looks similar to the US one. It's under Settings.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • 20lightning0920lightning09 Posts: 21 Member
    Don't know if it is still relevant but I use the [ and ] but after typing testingcheats I have to select another item, place that, and then choose the item I want to enlarge and press [ by itself. Also objects can't get any smaller than they come originally I believe
    @Tremayne4260 French Canadian keyboard is similar to ISO not US!
    My bad. :o However, do try to switch to the US keyboard configuration and then switching back to your normal settings. This should reset the keyboard settings.
  • JJSimmer1245JJSimmer1245 Posts: 4 New Member
    hey, So I made an object so big that i can only see the object in manage worlds. How do I get rid of it because my Sim can't get down to care for their daughter.
    Try deleting it. click on the object in Buy/Build and then click on the Delete key. I'm not sure which one works in Sims 4.
  • Maxou2022Maxou2022 Posts: 1 New Member
    But can anyone answers how to rescale objects with a french Canadian keyboard ? Problem is we don't have the [ key (it's the same key as 9 and 0) so the cheat doesn't work... anyone know how we can do it without having to change the setting of our keyboards ? (because it gets very confusing to use afterwards)
  • BluebellaBluebella Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I know I’m really late in this discussion but does someone know how to make objects smaller with nordic keyboard (I have å, ä and ö) so I can make them bigger with å but please tell how to make them smaller! And I don’t mean the ctrl z because thats just the undo key. I have been searching this in the internet for 3 hours and tried every single one of my keys in Sims but nothing is working :(
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    How about adding the UK or USA keyboard in System Preferences?
    apple-signature.png