Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ISSUES/BUGS with Dine Out

Comments

• Kacey791Kacey791 Posts: 5 New Member
    Sometimes it allows me to buy them again when I open the next day. Then they will get deleted again and the next time I open it won't let me buy them and its grayed out
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Kacey791 wrote: »
    Sometimes it allows me to buy them again when I open the next day. Then they will get deleted again and the next time I open it won't let me buy them and its grayed out

I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    You may need to sell the store in manage worlds, then have your sims rebuy it again. Doing this may help to fix your issues.
  • candiecoatedivcandiecoatediv Posts: 83 Member
    So after scrolling through 15 pages in this thread, not seeing my issue I decided to post. I just purchased and downloaded Dine Out. Of course, I was excited to finally be able to go out and order real food again. However, my first experience with this pack, a friend calls, invites my sim to dine at one of the pre-made restaurants, and they arrive only to not be able to request a table. Imagine my disappointment. I click on the host station and the option is there but the little bubble pops up like something is in the way. I removed the partition and the sign thinking that was the issue and still nothing. I do not use MODS or CC anymore since it starting creating nothing but issues with each release of the SIMS collection. Any suggestions? The restaurant I am using is the big fancy one (I forgot the name.)
    edited July 2016
    So after scrolling through 15 pages in this thread, not seeing my issue I decided to post. I just purchased and downloaded Dine Out. Of course, I was excited to finally be able to go out and order real food again. However, my first experience with this pack, a friend calls, invites my sim to dine at one of the pre-made restaurants, and they arrive only to not be able to request a table. Imagine my disappointment. I click on the host station and the option is there but the little bubble pops up like something is in the way. I removed the partition and the sign thinking that was the issue and still nothing. I do not use MODS or CC anymore since it starting creating nothing but issues with each release of the SIMS collection. Any suggestions? The restaurant I am using is the big fancy one (I forgot the name.)

Hello @candiecoatediv .
    Try going into build mode on the restaurant and moving the host station to another position . Remove any nearby walls, plants or half walls.
    Make sure that there are clear ways for waiters.
    Make sure that there is only one tablepiece on the tables and that there are no low hanging lights over the tables.
    See if there are dirty dishes on tables that are stopping waiters from doing their work,and if so, move them yourself to the waiters station.
    If you are able to be seated after doing these things but no food is being delivered, check that there isn't anything hanging over the chefs station or blocking the shelf on the station that could be causing food cooking or delivery issues.

Did you download the Shimuzu restaurant? There has been a new version released since it was first uploaded to the gallery. Check to make sure that you have downloaded the updated version.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • candiecoatedivcandiecoatediv Posts: 83 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @candiecoatediv .
    Try going into build mode on the restaurant and moving the host station to another position . Remove any nearby walls, plants or half walls.
    Make sure that there is only one tablepiece on the tables and that there are no low hanging lights over the tables.
    See if there are dirty dishes on tables that are stopping waiters from doing their work,and if so, move them yourself to the waiters station.
    If you are able to be seated after doing these things but no food is being delivered, check that there isn't anything hanging over the chefs station or blocking the shelf on the station that could be causing food cooking or delivery issues.

Did you download the Shimuzu restaurant? There has been a new version released since it was first uploaded to the gallery. Check to make sure that you have downloaded the updated version.

Hello @rosemow,

I have not downloaded anything since installing this particular pack from the gallery/community. I will try your suggestions above and see if that works. I'll keep you posted. One thing I did do, I forgot to mention, is when I installed the game and the restaurant popped up to be placed, I placed it in Willow Creek where the library used to be. Do I need to do anything with the type of lot it is? I know some functions will not work properly of the lot is incorrect.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @candiecoatediv .

Hello @rosemow,

I have not downloaded anything since installing this particular pack from the gallery/community. I will try your suggestions above and see if that works. I'll keep you posted. One thing I did do, I forgot to mention, is when I installed the game and the restaurant popped up to be placed, I placed it in Willow Creek where the library used to be. Do I need to do anything with the type of lot it is? I know some functions will not work properly of the lot is incorrect.

Hello
    The lot should have become a restaurant lot when you placed the build on the lot . Try going into build mode on the lot, and check to see that it is classified as a restaurant lot, and that it has all the required items to be a restaurant lot. You can see these details at the top of the screen in build mode , by pressing the house button.
  • sugasweet999sugasweet999 Posts: 39 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    crinrict wrote: »
    Are you using a premade restaurant ? In which town is your restaurant ?

I am using a restaurant I built myself in magnolia promenade

Do you have it uploaded to the gallery ? If so, what's your OriginID and what's the name of the lot ?

ID : miss_simette
    Name : vixens

• Simmer890Simmer890 Posts: 4 New Member
    I don't have any Mods in my game and I have noticed the following things happening that are kind of annoying:

-Servers keep dropping the food so Sims either get tired of waiting, or it takes a while before the customer receives food

-Chefs fix meals and set them out to be picked up by the Servers, but the servers will not serve some of the meals. This has happened to my sims when at an npc restaurant, and at my own restaurant

-Customers stand up and pick up their drinks / dishes when the food arrives and sit back down and eat it, or sit it down on another table and then go back to their table hungry

-Servers go around the restaurant to pick up dishes and set stacks of dirty dishes down on other customers tables

I don't know if there is a way to resolve this or not. Just feeling hopeful that there is. I noticed this happens in restaurants that came with game pack as well, so I don't know that it has anything to do with the way the restaurants are set up. I would assume the restaurants that came with the pack would be the best references.

Thanks!
    Simmer890 wrote: »
    I don't have any Mods in my game and I have noticed the following things happening that are kind of annoying:

-Servers keep dropping the food so Sims either get tired of waiting, or it takes a while before the customer receives food

-Chefs fix meals and set them out to be picked up by the Servers, but the servers will not serve some of the meals. This has happened to my sims when at an npc restaurant, and at my own restaurant

-Customers stand up and pick up their drinks / dishes when the food arrives and sit back down and eat it, or sit it down on another table and then go back to their table hungry

-Servers go around the restaurant to pick up dishes and set stacks of dirty dishes down on other customers tables

I don't know if there is a way to resolve this or not. Just feeling hopeful that there is. I noticed this happens in restaurants that came with game pack as well, so I don't know that it has anything to do with the way the restaurants are set up. I would assume the restaurants that came with the pack would be the best references.

Thanks!

Hello @Simmer890
    With the dropping of the food onto the floor and dirty dishes put on other tables , it may be best to manually drag the plates yourself to the waiters station.
    Try entering build mode and check that there isn't anything hanging over the chefs station or blocking the shelf on the station that could be causing food cooking or delivery issues.
    Check that there are clear passages for the waiter to walk through the room.Check that walls or half walls in the venue are not causing routing issues for the waiters.
    The standing up and sitting down may be a version of this issue that is on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Routing-Sit-down-issue-on-several-interactions/m-p/4553170#M13174
  • KyuusokuKazeKyuusokuKaze Posts: 4 New Member
    I have a issue were make my chef stops working......just stops working, standing there during nothing. i try reseting the sim and moving the chef station thing and nether helped
    I have a issue were make my chef stops working......just stops working, standing there during nothing. i try reseting the sim and moving the chef station thing and nether helped

Hello @KyuusokuKaze
    Try making sure that when you have moved the chef station that there is nothing having over the top of the chef station or the side shelf. Try to place it in a place where there is a clear passageway around it.
    This link contains pictures
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/food-is-not-being-servedcooked/
  • KyuusokuKazeKyuusokuKaze Posts: 4 New Member
    @rosemow
    nothing is hovering over/in the way of the chef station nor shelf i'm afraid, and the glitch seems to happen randomly, some at the beginning in his shift, some times in the mid if it and some times not at all.
    @rosemow
    nothing is hovering over/in the way of the chef station nor shelf i'm afraid, and the glitch seems to happen randomly, some at the beginning in his shift, some times in the mid if it and some times not at all.

I am sorry that you are having this issue. It is hard for you when it is happening a bit randomly. Perhaps when it happens, try praising or criticising him and see if that helps. Give him an inspirational speech. Try giving him further training. Check to see what else is happening in the restaurant at that time of the problem , and see if there are any issues that may be affecting the cooking.

• rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Here's my list from another thread, haven't gone thru this entire one but these issues are making running a restaurant tedious af.

Employees not spawing
    Waiters just kind of chillin, not taking tables or taking them three years after customers have sat down
    NPC customers that stand around and never sit down
    NPC customers where one person sits and the other(s) don't
    NPC customers that never acutally come in the restaurant, but the waiters go outside to take their order
    NPC customers that don't finish their meals
    Waiters with maxed out skills dropping ish
    Here's my list from another thread, haven't gone thru this entire one but these issues are making running a restaurant tedious af.

Employees not spawing
    Waiters just kind of chillin, not taking tables or taking them three years after customers have sat down
    NPC customers that stand around and never sit down
    NPC customers where one person sits and the other(s) don't
    NPC customers that never acutally come in the restaurant, but the waiters go outside to take their order
    NPC customers that don't finish their meals
    Waiters with maxed out skills dropping ish

Hello .
    With your first issue, the sims may be getting culled.
    Try doing what is suggested in this link blog post.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/restaurant-employees-and-culling/

With your issues with the NPC customers, sometimes having a bar, or aquarium or dance floor /music player or musical instruments can cause issues with sims getting up , so if they are causing issues for you, try removing them and see if that helps.
    Have your manager sim keeping on checking on them when they are sitting down.
    When your sim first welcomes them, wait until they are seated before he welcomes them. Sometimes issues occur when they are welcomed before sitting at the tables.
    - Employees not spawning is fine as long as it's not the chef(s) or host/hostess. So far my chefs are the only ones who always show up..
    - Waiters taking their time isn't that bad if you get the patient customers perk
    - Customers never sitting down is an issue because they'll wait till you're about to close to sit, then the slow waiters become an issue again
    - When one customer sits and the other(s) don't, either the person sitting orders all the food and they join them later and it's fine or the person only orders for themselves and their party joins them and they reset like they've also just sat down and haven't ordered yet. Also, these customers sometimes complain about the wait despite not talking to the host.
    - Customers that don't finish their meals is my new biggest issue because I'll have people with 5 star ratings that NEVER leave and I'll get the "so and so is tired from working" so I'll have to close the store and not get those points towards my restaurant.
    - Really can't complain too much about maxed skilled employees dropping things cause ish happens lol but one of my waitresses dropped her tray TWICE while serving a food critic :(

C'mon EA! Fix these bugs cause this is the best GP released so far!
    edited July 2016
    @rosemow hey hey! With the employees, I noticed when I first got the game if you hire someone new the game generated, they might get culled so I've been putting them in random households. But thanks for the advice with the other stuff, I do have aquariums, bars and music speakers so I might try to get rid of them and see what goes down, thank ya for that!! And I always try and communicate with the customers as the manager and I've noticed it's better to wait till they sit down and I also try and wait till after their order has been taken to welcome them just in case me talking with them interferes with the waiter/waitress doing their job.
  • Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 250 Member
    Tagging @SimGuruNick! Hope we see some fixes soon! :)
  • CoriChanCoriChan Posts: 197 Member
    I read through some of the issues and I also experienced these frustrating bugs while running my restaurant. It wasn't bad at all the first time I opened but now I see problems =(
    I only have 7 tables, 2 chefs and 2 waitresses so there shouldn't be a problem with customers getting food.

*Customers will wander around the restaurant to view my fish tank or socialize with other customers instead of staying at their table
    *Customers will pick up their food to walk over to someone to talk to (this is not a bug really but at a restaurant it shouldn't happen)
    *One customer will be seated and then several game hours later another customer will come to join them at the table
    - sometimes when this happens they get frustrated with the "wait time" but i can't do anything about only half my table showing up on time
    *Customers will sit at the table and never order, then get frustrated they waited too long
    *The Host station "disable new customers" stopped working
    *Customers will wander inside, talk, then go back to the Host station instead of waiting to be seated first

I think Dine Out is a great pack but at the moment it's clear that there is too much emphasis on "socializing" so much so that you can't have a restaurant or a retail store without every one of your customers standing around and talking. I like that sims have conversations but why does it always interfere with everything else? It's very hectic to try and be the manager when your customers won't even sit down properly at their tables =(
    CoriChan wrote: »
    I read through some of the issues and I also experienced these frustrating bugs while running my restaurant. It wasn't bad at all the first time I opened but now I see problems =(
    I only have 7 tables, 2 chefs and 2 waitresses so there shouldn't be a problem with customers getting food.

*Customers will wander around the restaurant to view my fish tank or socialize with other customers instead of staying at their table
    *Customers will pick up their food to walk over to someone to talk to (this is not a bug really but at a restaurant it shouldn't happen)
    *One customer will be seated and then several game hours later another customer will come to join them at the table
    - sometimes when this happens they get frustrated with the "wait time" but i can't do anything about only half my table showing up on time
    *Customers will sit at the table and never order, then get frustrated they waited too long
    *The Host station "disable new customers" stopped working
    *Customers will wander inside, talk, then go back to the Host station instead of waiting to be seated first

I think Dine Out is a great pack but at the moment it's clear that there is too much emphasis on "socializing" so much so that you can't have a restaurant or a retail store without every one of your customers standing around and talking. I like that sims have conversations but why does it always interfere with everything else? It's very hectic to try and be the manager when your customers won't even sit down properly at their tables =(

Hello
    Sometimes having a bar, or aquarium or dance floor /music player or musical instruments can cause issues with sims getting up , so if they are causing issues for you, try removing them and see if that helps.
    Have your manager sim keeping on checking on the sims when they are sitting down.
    When your sim first welcomes them, wait until they are seated and have ordered before he welcomes them.

With the " disallow new customers " interaction on the host station, sims that are already either on the way to the lot or have just come on to the lot will still be coming to be seated and dine at the restaurant. It may be why you are continuing to have customers come to the restaurant.
    There is a thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue. You may also like to press " me too" on the thread and /or give feedback on your experiences.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Disallow-customers-doesn-t-work/m-p/5387626#M26491
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »

Okay well that makes sense. How about when youre a customer?

Someone else will have to answer that. I've only been in one (premade) restaurant as a customer. I had a group outing, we had to sit at two separate tables and for some reason we got our drinks but not our food. My playable sims got so hungry they placed plates of food (that I plum had in their inventory) on the table. Maybe that borked the food being served Or maybe the service was just horrible.

Same thing happened to me today. Drinks with no food. I had to order again and I only ordered food and it was delivered, but the other patrons got their food and drinks at the same time.
  • CoriChanCoriChan Posts: 197 Member
    Ah, well I only put the fish tank there because I made a Pirate themed sea food restaurant and I thought it would be cool to have the fishes swimming around in the tank, I also thought at the time that the cooks would somehow be using the fish from the tank but I see that they do not >_>
    I don't have music because I learned my lesson from Retail stores but it's still silly and frustrating that these types of decorations are causing the npcs to bypass what they are supposed to be doing on the lot. I also have had the fishtank since day 1 of opening my restaurant but I didn't have so much of a problem. =(
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited July 2016
    The "Disallow new customers" .. new customers are still entering. Am I doing this wrong?
    --> This also happens to me. I wanted to limit the number of customers coming before I closed the restaurant, but disallowing never worked.

After ordering I notice sims tend to get up.. probably go back to the hostess stand, I know shes cute with her make up and all but sheesh.
    -> This one too. I want to stop customer NPCs from standing up and even sometimes wandering around at the restaurant. Have some manners, sims!! They are not even kids.

Sims are leaving their books on tables.
    --> OOOOH. This makes two of us, too. I don't even have a bookshelf in my(my sim's) restaurant and ... customers leave their books !! Again, they are dumb enough to forget to keep their belongings.

Most of all, I really want bug fix/patch team to fix 'patrons standing up when they are supposed to SIT to wait and eat'. When they stand up, it always looks like the place is messy. Those sims who are standing up are annoying!!

EpicSims wrote: »
    The "Disallow new customers" .. new customers are still entering. Am I doing this wrong?
    --> This also happens to me. I wanted to limit the number of customers coming before I closed the restaurant, but disallowing never worked.

After ordering I notice sims tend to get up.. probably go back to the hostess stand, I know shes cute with her make up and all but sheesh.
    -> This one too. I want to stop customer NPCs from standing up and even sometimes wandering around at the restaurant. Have some manners, sims!! They are not even kids.

Sims are leaving their books on tables.
    --> OOOOH. This makes two of us, too. I don't even have a bookshelf in my(my sim's) restaurant and ... customers leave their books !! Again, they are dumb enough to forget to keep their belongings.

Most of all, I really want bug fix/patch team to fix 'patrons standing up when they are supposed to SIT to wait and eat'. When they stand up, it always looks like the place is messy. Those sims who are standing up are annoying!!

Hello.
    With your issues with the disallowing of new customers and the sims getting up and moving around, perhaps try doing the things that I suggested in the above post.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14992277/#Comment_14992277
  • andiesssandiesss Posts: 4 New Member
    Having all the bugs everyone's already mentioned, particularly tables never getting served; disallowing new customers does nothing and staff not showing up to work. But a bug has just happened to me that made not want to play DO again until a new patch is released:

My sim owned 2 restaurants. She then got married to this guy and moved in with him. After that, all of a suddenly she didn't own any restaurants. I went over to buy my restaurants back and they had lost all the stars and staff. This is so frustrating, I wasted a whole morning of gameplay because of that.

Anyway, can't believe they released a pack with this many bugs.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top