We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

  • egandreegandre Posts: 659 Member
    @SimguruDrake is the bassinet a new/different object? (With the storage underneath)??
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    edited July 2016
    New day, new drama.
    xo0yscju
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2016
    New day, new drama.

    The Sims 1 wasn't originally meant to be a life simulator in general. In fact it was about building houses.

    And besides that; tech now and tech then was a big difference, so there is absolutely no excuse to leave fully functional life stages out and still claim it to be a life simulator.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited July 2016
    The bassinet is exactly the same as the one currently in the game.

    27499489544_d0b813f5b6_o.png

    EDIT: Oh that space underneath does look a little taller but I really doubt that's anything significant at all.
  • MintieeMintiee Posts: 139 Member
    ...so...we've got, so far, romantic garden, perfect patio, outdoor retreat and now what looks like backyard stuff?

    Huh.

    Seems like an odd way to go, since we've been there like three times already.
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    edited July 2016
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    New day, new drama.

    The Sims 1 wasn't originally meant to be a life simulator in general. In fact it was about building houses.

    And besides that; tech now and tech then was a big difference, so there is absolutely no excuse to leave fully functional life stages out and still claim it to be a life simulator.

    Well..cant say I disagree at this point.

    We should've gotten toddlers this year..
    xo0yscju
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I see, the ruffles on the in-game one are longer, made it look different.
    I also see now that girl has blonde hair with pink tips...guess it's not a new hair color (though I have a tiny bit of hope for unnatural kids colors still)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    The bassinet is exactly the same as the one currently in the game.

    27499489544_d0b813f5b6_o.png

    LOL, you guys didn't notice this?

    That's why I was confused at first because I was under the impression we were getting new baby things = X
    xo0yscju
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    edited July 2016
    Whoa there guys. I am not thrilled about the content revealed either, and I am very disappointed at the very slow development of EPs (seriously EA, it's much easier with two teams). However, I feel like some of you are personally attacking the developers and gurus. They at least try their hardest and have been producing really good content recently. I understand if you are upset at the content they release or how they market said content (I'm angry too), but at least try and ease off of the personal stuff because the gurus put a lot of work into improving this game. Also, I think the gurus should give community members the same respect. Many of the gurus who respond to forums and social media channels can be very condescending and rude.

    This is where my problem comes in.

    People here love to give the excuse of, 'we the fans, buyer's'.
    I'm a tad disappointed with things as well..but then again, I also know how to conduct myself.

    None of that gives you a free pass to be disrespectful towards the people who make this game.
    I really do get sick and tired of people not knowing how to properly voice their opinions and concerns in a manner that doesn't come off toxic and scathing.

    I'd never talk to the Guru's the way some of these users do.
    xo0yscju
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    The bassinet is exactly the same as the one currently in the game.

    27499489544_d0b813f5b6_o.png

    LOL, you guys didn't notice this?

    That's why I was confused at first because I was under the impression we were getting new baby things = X

    Oh, I see why I thought it was different his/her foot is in the way and at first glance that shoe looked like it was something in a bin under the bassinette. But if you look it's just a foot, so it's just a recolor then?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Conclue wrote: »
    I don't understand the logical perspective of the choices the team makes at times and it's infuriating to a fan of the series since February 2000. Just sayin'. You don't want rampant speculation, so you all decide to do release a teaser that does nothing but add fuel to a speculation fire. Then there are Guru official posts downplaying speculative talk, that wasn't at all even speculative but fact. Just because "EA's vision" for "Sims 4" is on track - it is NOT with a vast majority of "the Sims" community. So it's sad to see fuel added to a fire, and then not expect huge backlash.

    From those three thought bubbles I can deduce baby upgrades/toddlers, (rattle), we know the lemonade is the icon for the next SP so that's clearly SP's gameplay object (cool by the by) and of course the bird says "Seasons". Because in the Sims 2, that's when birds first arrived and bird watching so it's clear if we're getting birds it must be seasons, or even pets! Because in Sims 2 we had them as Pets too! maybe it's seasons and Pets! Maybe it's... a recipe for non stop speculation.

    Maybe that is the objective of this marketing strategy. Keep people talking about the game using reality show tactics.

    SMH.

    These teasers are a look ahead, which is what the community asked for. You now know within the next 3 months you will have an SP. Also, when you make statements of "vast majority" please be sure to include data behind it.

    Nothing in this teaser is a hint towards anything like Pets or Seasons or Toddlers. That is your personal speculation and nothing more.

    The community did not ask for a forth outdoor related pack, and for future reference we don't want any other party packs... seems like we are not being heard at al

    Before jumping to conclusions about the pack I'd say wait to see if what the content in it is what you (general "you" not you specifically) asked for. This is just a look ahead, it doesn't show off everything in the pack.

    See by that last comment it really makes me feel like we do have to look at the kids pack example for this. Void critters wern't advertised in the teaser. If it is truly a back yard stuff pack we could very well be seeing things like basket ball, football, heck even that tennis ball on a rope thing. Iv'e seen stuff like this asked for in the past especially on 'stuff pack request threads' We could be getting swings or sand pits or who knows what else. We have about as much gameplay information for this pack as we did kids stuff. I'm guilty of thinking 'meh' when I first saw this teaser. But now my little brain is working over time wondering what could be coming that isn't shown.

    For the kids pack all we saw was the new bed, the divider, a few bits of CAS, the monster (free patch) and i think the toybox? (cba to go look) This time round we are seeing some lemonade, new cas stuff, new table and chairs and a suspicious Agnes look alike holding a baby. I know the other teaser also told us about dine out but hey ho. What i'm saying (as well telling myself) is we can't really judge it yet. And I think allot of the community (this forum specifically) has been EXPECTING toddlers to make an appearance along as hurting over other missing features. So any time their is lack of information the community gets thrown into the angry mob mindset asking the same questions we have been told multiple times we can't have the answers to/ have the answers we don't want.

    I want toddlers, I want cars, I want pets, seasons, university. But at the same time I'm not gonna sit here and poop on the Guru's who are making the game just because they arn't telling me if or when i'm going to get what I want in the game. I still love this game regardless of the missing features and i'm very happy with all new features that have been introduced so far. I often feel like its a real shame this forum specifically has turned into such a hate fest (on both sides of the we want this/ the game is fine debate). It drives me away for weeks at a time when I see the forum explode in such an angry way.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I don't see wide backlash, I see individuals who are voicing other content they are interested in because this may not be their cup of tea. Also if you'd like to break it down: we have 12+mil likes on FB, on the teaser post there are 439 comments (the top comments are positive), there are 1.2K likes, 159 Loves which total up to 1.4K positive reactions, 175 negative reactions (between Angry and Sad), and 22 neutral reactions (between the wow and the haha as those could go either way). On the Twitter we have 656K followers and on the specific tweet there are 318 RTs and 983 Likes and even the tweets replying to that tweets are leaning more positive to neutral on a quick scroll.
    So are you disregarding a significant and valid point of view from legitimate players. You can't just turn a blind eye to constructive criticism and write off a large portion of players.

    Again, where are you seeing "large portion of players". I'm not writing off nor am a turning a blind eye to constructive criticism (if I was would I be in this thread?), it was stated there is "wide backlash" and according to the data we have so far that is not the case (I even provided stats that you can easily see via either of the posts on Twitter or FB.)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    It'd be awesome if we did get some more bassinet designs or more colors, and being able to pick one after the baby is born. Having 3 of those clunky bassinets stacked next to each other if you have triplets isn't a pretty sight lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    The bassinet is exactly the same as the one currently in the game.

    27499489544_d0b813f5b6_o.png

    LOL, you guys didn't notice this?

    That's why I was confused at first because I was under the impression we were getting new baby things = X

    Oh, I see why I thought it was different his/her foot is in the way and at first glance that shoe looked like it was something in a bin under the bassinette. But if you look it's just a foot, so it's just a recolor then?

    I don't even think it's a recolor

    The lighter blue may just BE from the lighting lol
    xo0yscju
  • Java_JoeJava_Joe Posts: 21 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    ladybreid wrote: »
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake Would it be possible for you to confirm whether or not this qualifies as the quarterly teaser? It would be great to know now whether or not this is all we're getting this quarter or whether we can expect another teaser showing off more upcoming content before the forums go into meltdown.

    This is the quarterly teaser.

    wow.

    This quarter will suck for my poor sims. :disappointed:

    I think your Sims will enjoy this content once we can share more about it with you :)

    lol... ever the tease! ;)

    Now now, I don't like teasing but I will remind everyone that I was extremely excited about the last stuff pack and I'm just as excited about this one :)

    Yeah, but in all fairness isn't it kind of your job to be excited about stuff packs? I mean what kind of community manager would be like. "Yeah this stuff pack is kinda meh".? :smiley:

    Have fun :)!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    The bassinet is exactly the same as the one currently in the game.

    27499489544_d0b813f5b6_o.png

    LOL, you guys didn't notice this?

    That's why I was confused at first because I was under the impression we were getting new baby things = X

    Oh, I see why I thought it was different his/her foot is in the way and at first glance that shoe looked like it was something in a bin under the bassinette. But if you look it's just a foot, so it's just a recolor then?

    I don't even think it's a recolor

    The lighter blue may just BE from the lighting lol

    LOL, yeah like when I put white curtains in my Sims house with the last patch they turned blue.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    If it is more Patio and Garden stuff I am going to SCREAMMMMM!!!!!!, I want My dang stuff, I am sick of waiting, GRRR, Especially since we already Have that dang stuff in game.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Mintiee wrote: »
    ...so...we've got, so far, romantic garden, perfect patio, outdoor retreat and now what looks like backyard stuff?

    Huh.

    Seems like an odd way to go, since we've been there like three times already.

    Outdoor Retreat is camping dlc not the same at all.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,594 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Mintiee wrote: »
    ...so...we've got, so far, romantic garden, perfect patio, outdoor retreat and now what looks like backyard stuff?

    Huh.

    Seems like an odd way to go, since we've been there like three times already.

    Outdoor Retreat is camping dlc not the same at all.

    I think the common denominator was meant to be outdoorsy kind of stuff.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I know some people are talking about the voices chattering might mean something. (Gossip, speculation...) Could you guys listen to the youth voice at 0:10 on the trailer on the main The Sims FB page. https://www.facebook.com/TheSims/ (Sorry, I can't figure out how to link to the exact facebook post, it just auto plays, but it's right at the top.) Maybe I'm hearing things because I want to, but that does not sound like a child or newborn voice to me. Has anyone ever heard TS4 children or infants sounding like that in this game? I hate to say it, but to me, it sounded a whole lot like previous game versions of a toddler.

    Ugh, I want to believe, lol!
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    I know some people are talking about the voices chattering might mean something. (Gossip, speculation...) Could you guys listen to the youth voice at 0:10 on the trailer on the main The Sims FB page. https://www.facebook.com/TheSims/ (Sorry, I can't figure out how to link to the exact facebook post, it just auto plays, but it's right at the top.) Maybe I'm hearing things because I want to, but that does not sound like a child or newborn voice to me. Has anyone ever heard TS4 children or infants sounding like that in this game? I hate to say it, but to me, it sounded a whole lot like previous game versions of a toddler.

    Ugh, I want to believe, lol!
    I think Drake said there are no hints for toddlers in this teaser sadly
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top