Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake Would it be possible for you to confirm whether or not this qualifies as the quarterly teaser? It would be great to know now whether or not this is all we're getting this quarter or whether we can expect another teaser showing off more upcoming content before the forums go into meltdown.

This is the quarterly teaser.

wow.

This quarter will suck for my poor sims. :disappointed:

I think your Sims will enjoy this content once we can share more about it with you :)

lol... ever the tease! ;)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Anyone notice the baby doesn't have a onesie on? I see new is the kids hair, Eliza's shirt and the all in one that the two adults are wearing? I wonder what the onsie means maybe we can pick baby onsie? I still want more information before I make up my mind but the cloths look interesting and I have a use for more outdoor stuff in my legacy family.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited July 2016
    @SimGuruDrake Would it be possible for you to confirm whether or not this qualifies as the quarterly teaser? It would be great to know now whether or not this is all we're getting this quarter or whether we can expect another teaser showing off more upcoming content before the forums go into meltdown.

wow.

I think your Sims will enjoy this content once we can share more about it with you :)

I hope that you are right. I would most definitely rather me be wrong.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I have to admit I was really hoping for some new playground equipment and the basketball hoop in 'Backyard Stuff' but who knows; maybe I won't be disappointed yet (and I'm sure they'll feature at some point if not in this pack).
    tFU6JMe.png
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

wow.

Now now, I don't like teasing but I will remind everyone that I was extremely excited about the last stuff pack and I'm just as excited about this one :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Can you tell us whether EPs will appear in quarterly teasers or are the teasers just for SPs/GPs ?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Quaay wrote: »
    So kids will finally be able to have different hair color? They couldn't have pink in their hair before could they?
    Maybe it means more hair colors will be patched in...the girl's hair doesn't look like the hot pink that's currently in the game, or any other color we have now.

You could be on to something there! I can't imagine a new hair colour being SP-only... (Though I suppose it could be a part-dyed thing that's hairstyle specific. We have some for adults, so. Hm.)
    It looks does look dyed like a dull pink rather than natural. Either way I've been hoping for more hair colors since release (and for kids to have the unnatural colors, even if they're not genetic)

My daughter had pink hair for a bit when she about four, compliments of my hairdresser who couldn't resist. I would be totally down with non-natural colours for kids! Maybe they could match their hair to their Voidcritter T-shirts :smiley:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

wow.

Are they including grungy textures or a Supernatural? Tell me now so I don't have to waste time hoping.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • lsarm55lsarm55 Posts: 103 Member
    sooo, nothing in august and september? That's great! More like The Sims 4 is a dead service....
  • MaddisMaddis Posts: 137 Member
    @SimGuruDrake can you confirm if or if not The Sims will take place at Gamescom 2016?
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    *puts on plumbob colored glasses* Hey, I like to look at it this way, if it's just one pack then the patches will be awesome!!!!!
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    This means we won't see EP3 until Oct, Nov, Dec which makes sense for holiday marketing. And if one stuff pack is all they plan to release for July, Aug, Sept then I think we can expect a BIG free base game content release. :)
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    This means that the next ep will not be released till october, which means that they want to announce it in august at gamescom again. Anyone prepared for a stage party? xD

That's if we get one in October... and given we've been told they now can't announce stuff until the quarter it will be released in does that also apply to EPs? They've always been announced well in advance before now... I'm really hoping that we're being kept waiting so long because the Gurus are working on things we've been begging for and are aiming to please a lot of the generational players... :smiley: (One can but hope!)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • lsarm55lsarm55 Posts: 103 Member
    also, stop overworking @SimGuruGraham !!!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Does this mean since they only show content they intend to release during a particular quarter Gamescom won't show a new EP? Because it comes up this quarter right? So, nothing new at Gamescom? If I go by what has been said about showing stuff during the exact quarter to be released.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

wow.

Now now, I don't like teasing but I will remind everyone that I was extremely excited about the last stuff pack and I'm just as excited about this one :)

:)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Too much garden stuff... when are we getting the front porch SP?
    Front yard SP next year maybe lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited July 2016
    aka_moi wrote: »
    I don't think this an official anything. I think it's something a fan threw together because there is a rumour that a Backyard Stuff pack is next. It looks completely fake and unlike the last preview trailer.

I agree with you 100%. It doesn't look real in any way

Posted before looking through the other pages. Please don't yell at me :|
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    This means that the next ep will not be released till october, which means that they want to announce it in august at gamescom again. Anyone prepared for a stage party? xD

If I could share your optimism! The last EP announced at gamescom was released 8 December.

• TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member

wow.

Just to clarify. Does this trailer only show the new stuff pack or is there something else in the render? Like patch content or something else?