Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Question...

Attention, owners of Katy Perry's Sweet Treats! I am considering purchasing the aforementioned Stuff Pack, but I need to know if it'll make any changes to any of my towns, like Sunset Valley. I don't want my towns to look like they're made of candy after all. Anyone who can confirm or deny this might happen as a result of me installing this pack is more than welcome to do so...Cheers!

Comments

• jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    No worries. It won't change a thing! Thankfully... :s
    NymlADp.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    It is fun to have and you can recolour everything in it so you can use beautifully designed objects that aren't bright pink.

Having said that - I once made a whole roller coaster lot and recoloured everything that didn't come with the stuff pack pink or green.

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    lol That's a funny thought! You are safe. :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    Watch this: https://youtu.be/gz8komsNkBg
    I also have the officially released Katy Perry sim in my signature.
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member

That video though...omg
    Orgin: BrianAndree
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had some items from that pack end up in lots I built like festivals and my community pool.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    edited July 2016

Now I see why there is so much hate directed at this stuff pack.

I admit when I first got it I hadn't been involved in the forums and I was a bit taken aback by the contents of this stuff pack. However, since I've had it for a long while now (got it on release) I have discovered most of the items can be made to fit in beautifully to any theme just by recolouring. And almost all of it can be used to add an element of fun to any lot meant to be fun.

I feel I need to add a few pictures of some of the things I've done with this content.

For example,

Reading_Room004.jpgimage uploading site

RCGG00034.jpgscreen shot pc

I turned the cake shop into a bakery
    Bakery0002.jpgadult image host

I also pulled the cake shop lot apart and learned a bit about building.

I wanted this new bakery build I did to have a fantasy theme and used lots of the KPST stuff pack items in it
    FantasyBakery0001.jpgimage hosting 10mb limit

Fantasy_Bakery0007.jpgimgurl

I even found a use for some of the decor in my Spectral Bakery - the haunted bakery I made for Midnight Hollow
    SpectralBakery0005.jpgimage hosting 10mb limit

I added a sweet shop to one of my Savvy Seller builds and recoloured bakery items to go with the colours in KPST as that suited my theme for that particular shop. I wanted it to appear to be sickly sweet.
    Beach_City013.jpgscreenshot

Then there is my roller coaster lot I built. Before I started this build I decided I would try to include every object that came with the KPST stuff pack in this build. I think I managed that. I wanted it to be over the top sweet and chose to recolour objects from other sets and packs to the colours from the KPST stuff pack. Here are a few pictures to show what I achieved.
    Roller_Coaster_ST_006.jpgfree pic

RollerCoaster_ST_002.jpgimage upload no limit

RollerCoaster_ST_007.jpgimage upload no limit

RollerCoaster_ST_008.jpgimage upload no limit

RollerCoaster_ST_009.jpgimage upload no limit

RollerCoaster_ST_011.jpgimage upload no limit

RollerCoaster_ST_014.jpgimage upload no limit

Here are curtains from KPST
    Bella_And_Arthur_And_Allan002.jpgfree picture upload

And the same curtains recoloured differently.
    BHFront_Door.jpgupload img
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Do you have everything else, but this one? Just wondering why you would want it :D

I only used a few items, like the dollhouse and bookcase :D

It is not installed in my game this time! But if you get it, I hope you get some use from the stuff in it!
    @Karritz You did an amazing job! Love the bakery build and your roller coaster ;) All the pics look great!
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Katy Perry just adds more stuff but wait for it to go on sale if you're going to buy it.
    @Karritz You did an amazing job! Love the bakery build and your roller coaster ;) All the pics look great!

Thanks. I don't do much building now and don't put it on the Exchange any more because I've started adding mods and CC to my game. I wanted to make sure nothing bad could creep into my builds I put on the Exchange without me realising it.

Having said all that - I still don't have any CC on my PC so I could do more clean builds if I ever go to play on it again. I haven't used it to play Sims since before the last Venue of Amore was released in the store. I've been using my laptop for everything since then and I've got all the CC on it. I haven't even got the last store venue installed on the PC yet.
    @Karritz My Daughter got me a Mac Desktop for my Birthday last year (I think it was last year, LOL) so I am real careful with it. I have not put any CC on this computer.........I never really used much CC, but I have used some in every series :'( I do miss it too!

I understand you not wanting to DL to the Exchange, not knowing if it could be bad CC or creep into your builds. Some don't care, so its nice to know there are creators that are careful (I believe there are more careful ones, then the others though)

There are lots of creative people in our simming world, and you are one of them. I cannot build worth a flip :D
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Karritz Love your blonde girl in the balloon drinking champagne picture that is awesome. <3

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    Well, I was looking at the items in the pics that come with the pack?

*not surprising @CravenLestat would notice the blonde girl*

:D
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2016
    @charlotteprice Stop giving away my secrets :D I was merely enjoying the beautiful landscape in the background and at the last second realized there was a girl in the picture. :*

EDIT: Honestly noticed cause she looks like Betty Simovitches mom Fatima Simovitch aged down to YA.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    *puts my boots on*
    Well, I was looking at the items in the pics that come with the pack?

*not surprising @CravenLestat would notice the blonde girl*

:D

I own the store too and have every Expansion and Stuff Pack installed. So whatever was in the game at the time I made the lots could be in there. The roller coaster I recoloured objects to match the colours in KPST.
    @Karritz Love your blonde girl in the balloon drinking champagne picture that is awesome. <3

I've posted this picture before - a long time ago - and it caught your eye then too. I always think of you when I use that particular outfit.
  • HenrySpiralHenrySpiral Posts: 124 Member
    Wow! So many nice, helpful answers for one simple question I asked about a stuff pack! o:) This forum is great! You guys have been so helpful to me in the past, and I hope to make more friends along the way to send some gifts over to...Cheers! ^_^
  • cocococo Posts: 2,723 Member
    @Karritz I really like how you added those curtains. They look so nice :smile:
  • HenrySpiralHenrySpiral Posts: 124 Member
    coco wrote: »

Charm...I want you all who post on this forum to marry me now, plox! This is how awesome you are! o.o :D
    coco wrote: »

Thank you. I find I am constantly surprised by how well made most of the KPST objects are when I recolour them. It seems to be the colour that puts people off but that is easily changed. I use those curtains a lot and I usually recolour them differently each time.

I've also been known to get some drab curtains from another pack and give them the KPST colour treatment.