Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items being removed in game!!

so basically i have gone on the sims resource and downloaded a couple of lots, i have done all the right things like extracted the files and put them in the tray folder. i went on the game and placed my downloaded house into the map and went into build and buy to check the lot out and a message popped up saying "one or more items may not be installed on your computer or the origin account that is currently logged in does not own these items. 130 build mode items have beeen removed" and literally all the items in the house have gone! please helppppp

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello.
    Come out of the game, and then repair the game. To repair the game, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    Also delete the localthumbcache.package that is in your Documents-Electronic Arts-Sims 4 folder.
    Then go back into the game, and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, go back to where you downloaded the houses and see if any other simmers have been having problems with the homes.
  • Leah_hensonLeah_henson Posts: 3 New Member
    nope didn't work :( is it because i don't have any expansion packs that have that furniture in? because when i downloaded the first lot all the objects were there but they were already objects on the first sims 4 game.
    edited May 2015
    Hello.
    The objects that have been removed would have been the ones that come from GTW or Outdoor Retreat. They would have been replaced by default items. You need to own the EP or game pack for them to show up in your game and the home.
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    That happened to me. Someone built a cute floating house with various rocks from Retreat, and since I don't have Retreat it placed all the rocks with chairs! So, the entire house was floating on a pile of chairs lmao It was pretty hilarious XD Anyway, it should tell you if someone used a pack or expansion in what you're trying to download off the gallery, doesn't it?
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    LOL @ByondTime89, i would love to see a pic of that on here. Could i see your floating chair house?
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
    edited May 2015
    Dimon6579 wrote: »
    LOL @ByondTime89, i would love to see a pic of that on here. Could i see your floating chair house?

@Dimon6579 I did happen to save it! XD It replaced all the rocks with chairs AND coffee tables! lmao

04-12-15_3-09nbspPM-2_zpsaawwasxr.png
    Post edited by ByondTime89 on
  • Leah_hensonLeah_henson Posts: 3 New Member
    ahh i get it i thought it doesn't really matter because i have downloaded cc on sims 3 and they just add in the furniture. thanks for letting me know and that house is ridiculous hahahaha!
    Hah you're welcome @rosemow :P and yeah, @Leah_henson, I thought it was pretty hilarious xD I'm glad I screen capped it!
  • MELANIEC2MELANIEC2 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having the same problem only I do own all the pack, put in the cheat codes in build/buy mode before placing the lot and still have missing items. I went back to the site to download items I may have left out, replace lot and still missing items. I'm at a lost.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    MELANIEC2 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem only I do own all the pack, put in the cheat codes in build/buy mode before placing the lot and still have missing items. I went back to the site to download items I may have left out, replace lot and still missing items. I'm at a lost.

Maybe it's Move Objects On? Do you have it enabled, or not? If you don't, and they did on that lot, it will cause problems.

Also, try starting your game using your most recent purchase's play button. That seems to "help" the game see all the parts you have.

• SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    Another thing to try is go on the lot you are building on and select the house from the library there, not from manage world menu.

I have a crap ton of CC and I download houses all of the time. Most objects show up, but you have to install the CC or have the game packs. The CC does not come with the house or the tray files.

I also sometimes lose items when loading due to moveobjects cheat. Sometimes those objects just won't stay put, i.e. sink and soap. Nothing you can do but try to replace them.
  • AvanlindaAvanlinda Posts: 20 Member
    I'm having the same problem whenever I download a cc lot, and I get that cc doesn't come with the game but 🐸🐸🐸🐸?! Why would you go to the trouble of making a house out of cc and then put it out there only for people to end up with a blank house ??? Like I don't get it why
  • tribbotribbo Posts: 2,441 Member
    edited July 2016
    MAFIA STATS
    Played: 18 | Won: 9 | Lost: 9
    Town Wins: 4 | Mafia Wins: 5 | Third Wins: 0
    Played as Town: 10 | Played as Mafia: 9 | Played as Third: 1
    Avanlinda wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem whenever I download a cc lot, and I get that cc doesn't come with the game but plum?! Why would you go to the trouble of making a house out of cc and then put it out there only for people to end up with a blank house ??? Like I don't get it why

Hello @Avanlinda .
    Often simmers that have added cc to their build will post in the description or comments section of the bulld where the cc that they used came from. Then simmers can go to those websites and download/install the cc themselves, and it will appear in the downloaded home.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Avanlinda wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem whenever I download a cc lot, and I get that cc doesn't come with the game but plum?! Why would you go to the trouble of making a house out of cc and then put it out there only for people to end up with a blank house ??? Like I don't get it why

It is a bummer but a lot of it has to do with the CC creators TOU, most CC creators do not want people uploading their mods folder to other sites like the gallery or even tumblr for that matter, they would like credit for their CC and uploading your personal mod folder with a house on the Gallery does not give them that credit. I see you downloaded these houses from TSR? The creators there usually put links to all of the CC they used on the description page,
    e.g. here is part of the description of a build by Autaki, so if you wanted this house as the way it is in the photos you would have to click all of those download links and download those things as well... I removed all but 3 of the downloads as I just wanted to give you an example but there were 13 in total, I hope this clears up the confusion...
    "Creator Notes

I have Sims 4 Limited Edition.

This lot need Get to works, Luxury party stuff, Perfect patio stuff, Get together and latest patch.

The following CC was used in this house.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/1312427/
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/1312729/
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/1317508/

Thanks all artist TSR
    Please do not re-upload and modify."
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• WuzzygirlsimmerWuzzygirlsimmer Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey there not sure if this is the right thread to leave this but im having some issues with my game! I had some content downloaded like some houses and stuff and it worked fine! then i logged into origin on another computer a couple days later and then just today logged into it agin on the one where i had all my stuff downloaded and now i cant find anything at all! it just makes me restart basically i have no cc no mods so i dont understand why this is happening please help somebody
  • WuzzygirlsimmerWuzzygirlsimmer Posts: 14 New Member
    and i had things from the gallery downloaded
    Hey there not sure if this is the right thread to leave this but im having some issues with my game! I had some content downloaded like some houses and stuff and it worked fine! then i logged into origin on another computer a couple days later and then just today logged into it agin on the one where i had all my stuff downloaded and now i cant find anything at all! it just makes me restart basically i have no cc no mods so i dont understand why this is happening please help somebody
    and i had things from the gallery downloaded

Hello @Wuzzygirlsimmer
    If the homes are missing from your library, try clicking the “ include cc content” setting in the advanced section of the gallery filter and see if they appear then.
    If you are missing all the houses in your current save game when playing, this link may help
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/
  • IncalesceneIncalescene Posts: 11 New Member
    So, I am also having a problem with getting the message that "one or more objects may not be installed on your computer or the origin that is currently logged in does not own these items". I don't know why I just suddenly get the message after playing for days or weeks just fine and then out of nowhere it pops up when I log in. I can understand when I first download a house unless it's one I have used in the past without trouble which I have done before and then also gotten the message. I do always use the bb.moveobjects command. Any help is appreciated.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    So, I am also having a problem with getting the message that "one or more objects may not be installed on your computer or the origin that is currently logged in does not own these items". I don't know why I just suddenly get the message after playing for days or weeks just fine and then out of nowhere it pops up when I log in. I can understand when I first download a house unless it's one I have used in the past without trouble which I have done before and then also gotten the message. I do always use the bb.moveobjects command. Any help is appreciated.

You usually receive that message when you have deleted CC that was used in that house in the past.
    I don't have any cc. I haven't used cc or mods for a long time now.
    Also, I have since I removed the cc, uninstalled the game, removed the localthumbcache file AND repaired my game twice. x.x