Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Freeplay Vs TS4

CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
I was scrolling on the "Sims Community" website, and as always it makes me feel so Plum because that MOBILE game has so much stuff to do, see, and interact with. They even have better hair selections, and TONS of clothes to choose from. They have toddlers with so many small cute toys, objects etc, and almost anything else you can think of for a LIFE simulation game. I even saw a cute pink box of decorated doughnuts. All on a mobile game, I just don't get it, whoever is over the Freeplay game should hit TS4 team up, seriously, they have so many small details, things to do, even a MALL.

But alas, here we are with barely functioning anything in The Sims 4, with 1% of all the things Freeplay has. They look about the same, so I don't understand. I know one is older, but here they have the opportunity to polish all those things, and make them even better, and prettier than Freeplay.
8zjsc9.png
Origin@ Simday1

Comments

• ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I have never seen anythin other than adults coz its too much of a money grab for me to keep playin..u have to wait ages to do everythin in real time
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Sims Freeplay is a huge thing; all my friends have it. Yet I prefer the computer game because it has so many options that you DON'T have to pay real money for over and over-- even the base game comes with suitable clothes/furniture/etc. But hey, that's what expansion packs/game packs/stuff packs are for. EA is after the same thing-- money. Just in different forms when it comes to the PC version or the app version.
    giphy.gif
    Once u buy and expansion, u own it then and its a one tine.purchase but u have to pay repeatedly on freeplay
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited June 2016
    Really Freeplay does have some great ideas that I'd love to see come to a main series title, but in that game they don't seem worth it...apparently it's realtime, and takes forever to grind currency so that you can actually get stuff.

Has a lot of cool pool stuff though, the toddlers and babies are nice as well
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    Yea the game it self sucks, I'm not here for real time game play. I live in real time enough. It just has ALL the best stuff in this little mobile game.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
    @CreoleSim I wouldn't know coz I didnt plat it long enough due to the amount of grinding y have to do
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I tried Freeplay and it bored me to tears. Maybe I just didn't get it long enough, but I really wasn't a fan of the "real life time" that it had.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I couldn't play Freeplay, just didn't like it being in real time.
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Tried it and prefer computer better
  • MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    I have been playing Sims Freeplay for years now off and on. It does have a lot your sims can do, but in other ways it does get irritating. SFP does have a Mall and a Castle and a Beach area and Barn (with just horses) and a pet park and an amusement park. But here is the thing, each one of those you have to do something in order to open any part of it up. For instance, the Mall. In order to open up any of the stores you have to either clean up an area, build a skill (such as: Modeling or Makeup artist) to open others, reach grand prize in bowling (that's in the mall that has to be opened up by doing something-I can't remember what) in order to open up others, etc. For the pet park, beach and amusement parks you have to have certain "life orbs" which take a whole sim (and more) lifetimes to get. I'm at level 52 and have just today been able to get the required life orbs to completely finish my beach area. Other items we get in the game we have to get by completing a task that you are only given 7 - 11 days to complete and those are not easy. But I do keep playing it and I don't mind the whole real time thing. Most days I send my sims off to work or set them doing what they need to do to build and complete their lifetime goal, or off to school then I go about my daily business. I have spent so much time and effort to build up my little sims world in SFP that I can't just hit the uninstall button so I keep it around and if I feel like playing it, I do. If I don't, I won't. I do find that after a stressful day, just to be able to slow down with my little town helps me relax for the evening and I won't be tossing and turning in bed with my mind going in a million directions and breakneck speed.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    My sister played Freeplay for a while, and it made her pull out her hair. After seeing her frustration with the game, I decided I would stick with the PC version.
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    I like playing the game..and i absolutely LOVE all those little details they have in it. <3
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    You also have to consider the overall quality. It has an extremely simplistic art style, the game has lower res than the PC versions, the models also have a lower polygon count. It has more because of how much easier it is to make and implement things.
    I have been playing Sims Freeplay for years now off and on. It does have a lot your sims can do, but in other ways it does get irritating. SFP does have a Mall and a Castle and a Beach area and Barn (with just horses) and a pet park and an amusement park. But here is the thing, each one of those you have to do something in order to open any part of it up. For instance, the Mall. In order to open up any of the stores you have to either clean up an area, build a skill (such as: Modeling or Makeup artist) to open others, reach grand prize in bowling (that's in the mall that has to be opened up by doing something-I can't remember what) in order to open up others, etc. For the pet park, beach and amusement parks you have to have certain "life orbs" which take a whole sim (and more) lifetimes to get. I'm at level 52 and have just today been able to get the required life orbs to completely finish my beach area. Other items we get in the game we have to get by completing a task that you are only given 7 - 11 days to complete and those are not easy. But I do keep playing it and I don't mind the whole real time thing. Most days I send my sims off to work or set them doing what they need to do to build and complete their lifetime goal, or off to school then I go about my daily business. I have spent so much time and effort to build up my little sims world in SFP that I can't just hit the uninstall button so I keep it around and if I feel like playing it, I do. If I don't, I won't. I do find that after a stressful day, just to be able to slow down with my little town helps me relax for the evening and I won't be tossing and turning in bed with my mind going in a million directions and breakneck speed.

Geez! No thanks! Just give me the mall so my Sims can spend money on actual things besides furniture. The Sims team plays waaaay too much. All that for what?...smh. They should really let US play, all they have to worry about is making a quality game with objects, activities, etc for every type of player to enjoy, with options! They have to always OVER do it, and not in a flattering way. If they really want to Over do it, Over do it with broad clothing selections, everyday furniture, Diverse hair, jobs, venues, stores, etc. Is that too hard or expensive?
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Sims Freeplay does have more items. But it has really ugly Sims with no autonomy whatsoever. The "romance" is limited to a total of 3 interactions. They have no emotions, no desire, no feeling of being alive. Add that it's all in real time and you have to play all the Sims in your neighborhood and it gets very tiresome, very quickly for a lot of people. Oh, and yes, you can play with other "friends." I never tried that, but I assume it's similar to Facebook games where you're always begging each other for stuff. Then there's the money grab. If you want to age someone you need to have Sim points, which are not easily or quickly earned.

Comparing Sims 4 to Freeplay is comparing apples to oranges-two totally different games and styles of play. I do wish Sims 4 would come up with some of the things in Freeplay like the toddler toys and playhouse. And toddlers, though I personally don't care about them. A mall, canoeing, the beach. Those would make Sims 4 much more awesome.
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    You also have to consider the overall quality. It has an extremely simplistic art style, the game has lower res than the PC versions, the models also have a lower polygon count. It has more because of how much easier it is to make and implement things.

True, but the resources to make an oversized 1920's factory cupcake machine are nothing compared to a box of doughnuts, Toddler/Children toys, Better clothes, hair, etc. It's logic
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    CreoleSim wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

True, but the resources to make an oversized 1920's factory cupcake machine are nothing compared to a box of doughnuts, Toddler/Children toys, Better clothes, hair, etc. It's logic

TS4 has a much more than a cupcake machine. Things in TS4 have a much higher poly count, more complicated art style, as well as more quality animations and more of a variety in them. And due to the simplistic art style and the low poly count it doesn't take nearly as much effort to make things. Whether or not something looks better is completely subjective. It's logic.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The Sims Freeplay has less detailed graphichs because it is an online game where you can visit other towns. If the graphichs was as detailed as in the big PC games then visiting other towns would require you to wait forever while the game downloaded the town you wanted to visit. But I prefer this instead of all the other simplifications and omissions in TS4 and the fact that you have to buy expensive expansions for TS4 all the time without getting very much for your money because the expansions are usually only interesting for a very short time.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    If this game was on pc and not in real time I would be in hog heaven. As it is I always choose the tasks requiring the most time to complete because I simply cannot abide the do this for 1 minute and do this for 2 minutes. And since I only play to progress it's not like there's a lot of other stuff I can do while waiting. I'm having a hard time progressing through the levels for the new police career simply because most of the tasks range from 2 to 4 minutes to complete. It's not a big deal or game breaker because it's not like the timed quests but it's going to take me a long time to unlock all the stations.
    @simgirl1010 If this game wasn't in real time then it would be a very different game and probably not free at all. I also believe that the multiplayer part would be simplified and there wouldn't be as many careers and hobbies simply because nobody would pay for them. They need money from VIP, Facebook and ingame advertising to keep developing such a game and this only works for real time MMO games.

The game would probably be exactly the same if they made a PC version too. This is the case with other similar free real time games (like the Tribez or Farm Up).

Almost all MMO games are designed to be played only shortly - but as often as possible. The police career breaks this. But I think it was a very good idea anyway because we can still just avoid using it if we don't like it. I have btw never seen another game where the developers have varied the way different careers or different hobbies work like Firemonkeys have done for this game. It seems even to be a sport for them to do this as much as possible. But usually all such things are done so all careers, hobbies and other similar things work in the same way for the same game (probably because they usually just reuse most of the programming code).

What I don't like in a game like the Tribez is that even though it is fast to play in the beginning (and has the same kind of waiting times) the game later becomes bigger and bigger with more and more tribes and tribe members for each tribe so you can't even give tasks to all your tribe members before some of them have finished their tasks. So even though the game is in real time you end up with a huge game where you need about an hour just to give tasks to everybody - and then you can start over again so you actually become stressed and don't really like to enter the game again later. Therefore I prefer the way it works in TSF where we can play as we like just by avoiding a few careers or hobbies that don't suit our preferred way of playing. I have 4 police officers in each of my games because the career is new. But most of those police officers will probably get other jobs again when they reach level 10 or they will just be sent to work as police officers but without me following them :)
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    The Sims FreePlay is often compared to The Sims 3/The Sims 4 since both are different. The VIP system has also been subject of arguments between players who think VIP is worth it and those who think it's a waste of money since you have to spend money on in-app purchases to earn VIP points. The latter argument isn't helped since free to play games have been shut down in the past and also the fact that The Sims 4 tends to release new packs (which also requires real money) made the VIP argument as well as the TS4-TSFP argument worse.

Obviously the reason I like about TS4 is that TS4 does not include a time limit that blocks unlocks. Usually there are Timed Quests/Hobbies/Events in Sims FreePlay that will only give you the prize if you beat it under the time limit. Allow time to run out, you can't get that item ever again. Events might return to give you a second chance but if you don't get the item, that's it. This is also worse with Quests requiring buildings to be built since the time and price is proportional to the buildings you built which will be impossible to get the prize without using LP since the time limit doesn't scale to the building times. You also aren't warned that building a building increases the time and price for the next building.

Furthermore, TS4 also doesn't have any permanently missable items although thanks to 1.17 removing Jasmine Holiday, you can't get the Growfruit and the two Challenge Pots. Eggs also no longer spawn so getting the 12 eggs and unlocking Bun Bun also isn't possible without mods or cheats. However, you can get them using the Gallery to download a Room including those items..

FreePlay has lots of permanently missable items mainly from the time limits, The Sims 3 is also the worst offender since some Store items aren't obtainable anymore such as the pre-order/Limited Edition items, two of the Katy Perry games (Showtime's Collector's Edition and Katy Perry's Sweet Treats), and inability to download EPs/SPs without updating to 1.69 unless you have a DVD version. Nearly most Sims games suffered from permanently missable items, here are some examples:
    • In The Sims 2, allowing a Social Worker to remove your children will permanently remove the ability to Adopt if the Sim has the Memory.
    • Also in TS2, Elders can only have part-time jobs so they can only have 3 levels max. That means you Sims have to be an Adult to get a Full-time job before aging to an Elder. However, this can be lost should the Sim get Fired or retires. The Sims 3 removed this restriction allowing Elders to get full-time jobs.
    • The Sims 2 University only allows Teenagers to go to University so should the Sim age to an Adult, that Sim can't go to University. The Sims 3 University Life changed this so only Young Adult, Adult, and Elder Sims can attend University preventing this from being missed.
    • The Urbz: Sims in the City allows you to sell or remove objects and wallpaper. The problem is that there are some objects (such as Vending Machines) or wallpaper that can't be purchased so if you sell them, they're gone for that file.
    • The Urbz on GBA/DS has a goal requiring you to recycle 100 piles of Trash which don't respawn. The problem is selling them only registers if you have unlocked the goals so should you sell them before Roxanna Moxie gives you the goals, you can't complete it thus locking you out of the Artsies' Clubhouse, getting 10 points for the Artsies, as well as the ability to join the Artsies. What's worse is Roxanna tends to give you this later in the game which can cause frustrations when you later find out the trash doesn't spawn anymore.
    • A minor note is that after you get a certain amount of Rep, Urbz will change their shirt to match your district's shirt. Rather annoying if you prefer to see Sims in their original clothes.
    • The Sims 2 DS has a problem that after the game is progressed to where Ava moves in, Honest Jackson no longer appears thus making his Secret permanently missable if the player didn't unlock his Secret before Frankie is replaced by Ava.
    • The Sims 3 (as stated above) has some items that are no longer available. Also thanks to a bug in the Windows/Mac version with Into the Future, most Skill Opportunities can also become this due to a programming error with two of the Advanced Technology Opportunities.
    • The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Pets on PS3/Xbox 360 made a change where removing a Sim from your Household deletes them from the game which can be a problem if you married or moved in an EA made Sim such as Malcolm Landgrabb or Rebecca Goth. In addition, enabling Cheats/Creation Mode prevents unlocking Trophies/Achievements and completing Challenges for that save file.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    @WinMacSims3 The VIP system is copied from a lot of other MMO games which all have similar VIP systems. Of course it won't be used for offline games. But for online games which depend on an online game server it is diffepicult to do it in other ways. The problems are:

1. Online games can't be sold because the game company can't guarantee that the game server will exist forever and it usually isn't possible to let gamers still play those games after the game server is closed down.
    2. Online games therefore have to either be free or to depend on monthly subscriptions instead of being sold for money like offline games. But monthly subscriptions make such game way too expensive for everybody. So the VIP system with voluntarily inapp purchases and inapp advertising was invented to replace paid monthly subscriptions.