Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I had to pay for a diner date my sim was invited to!!!

So my sim received an invitation for a diner date via text message the other day... It went great; both sims really seemed to enjoy their meals. My sim was getting tired so I sent her home and after the loading screen stopped and she arrived at the house a message popped up saying that she left without paying and that same money had been transferred from my funds.

Should that have happened? I mean, she was INVITED to dine there and now she had to pay for both her meal and his. Basically, my household was almost broke.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, that will happen by design every time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • pliethonddiepliethonddie Posts: 24 New Member
    I really wish they could fix that since the household funds plummeted after that date. I don't like to play with cheats so... Yeah, they're broke.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    On that case I would send her to gather the collectibles in the neighborhood. You can easily get a couple of hundred simoleans, and it's not cheating.
  • SimmerLove99SimmerLove99 Posts: 34 Member
    Sadly, that will happen everytime. Unless you just get a table and talk to the townie. (Just don't order lol)
    So if I would ask for a table and wait for him to order, I wouldn't have to pay for the meals? The sim who orders has to pay?
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I know, this tickled me too :D
  • Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    So if I would ask for a table and wait for him to order, I wouldn't have to pay for the meals? The sim who orders has to pay?

Your household pays. Any sim you control pays. It would be nice if they had set it up where if you are asked out then they pay.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Maybe they could add an option where the Sims inviting you say it's their treat and they pay for it, otherwise you're being invited and choosing to go means choosing to pay every time :x
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Maybe they could add an option where the Sims inviting you say it's their treat and they pay for it, otherwise you're being invited and choosing to go means choosing to pay every time :x

They should definitely do that. If I choose to go, it's like I invited them; not the other way around...