Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My map of SimNation

Comments

• snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Holy Moly! What an amazing job! I am very impressed.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    It looks fantastic! I'm just curious, where did the name 'RedNation' come from?

I believe it's from TS2, it is mentioned in the military career as an enemy of SimNation. :)
    It is great, a lot of work obviously went into it.

What will you do with it now?

Thanks! Um, I guess I'll keep updating it every time they bring out a new world, but other than that I don't have any plans to do anything with it. I believe someone said they were going to convert it into a CC map for TS3 or TS4 so you can actually place it in game.
    Okay, I just realized that you also added in the SimCity locations which each individual city point on there too! Nice attention to detail!

Hehe, yup! I didn't want to leave anything out. :mrgreen:
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    I am beyond words!! I love the way you put all the worlds together like Veronaville being near Windenburg , Just seems sooo right. I don't remember what the town in Sims Medieval is called , did you add that too ?

Yes I added every kingdom from TSM, The Kingdom is the capital, then all of surrounding names are the other kingdoms from the game. :)
    Thanks everyone for all the lovely comments, I'm so happy you all like the map and I hope it brought back some good memories of past sims games! :blush:
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    To see how much effort and time simmers spend on this game while devs are too lazy to match and fit TS4 stories in a correct universe, so they just called it: alternate universe.. Take an example on this serious fan who dedicated her time and effort for something she doesnt even get payed for.. think about it devs.
    To see how much effort and time simmers spend on this game while devs are too lazy to match and fit TS4 stories in a correct universe, so they just called it: alternate universe.. Take an example on this serious fan who dedicated her time and effort for something she doesnt even get payed for.. think about it devs.

I was upset to find out that TS4 wasn't going to be a part of the same story as the rest of the games, and that's sort of the reason I decided to make this map, to create a link and try to tie all the locations together.
    I really wish the sims team would have tried to incorporate TS4 into the rest of the sims universe a little more, but I guess it's too late now. :disappointed:
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    Tada - I've made the map as the framed picture in the Sims 2!

vouaol.png

btw - would you do simlish version of the map?
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2016
    The only issue I have with it is the positions of everything are weird to me, left to right.

I'm from the UK so The Kingdom should be somewhere in the middle with SimNation on the left and RedNation etc on the right.

That's how our maps are drawn IRL.

E.G

UK/European world map. - This one makes the most sense to me as GMT is in the middle with GMT-X to the left and GMT+X to the right. And probably also because I'm British.

world-map-political-2001.jpg

US/Canada world map.

world-map.gif

Aussie/NZ world map. - Yours looks the most like this, so I'm guessing you are Aussie/Kiwi (or from somewhere else thereabouts)?

worldmap.jpg
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

I was upset to find out that TS4 wasn't going to be a part of the same story as the rest of the games, and that's sort of the reason I decided to make this map, to create a link and try to tie all the locations together.
    I really wish the sims team would have tried to incorporate TS4 into the rest of the sims universe a little more, but I guess it's too late now. :disappointed:

I feel like the only reason they did that was so they would have an excuse to have various families with corresponding ages, without having to explain why Mortimer is the same age as Dina and Nina if he was older in TS2, or why Malcolm is a teenager and Mortimer is an adult if they were both children in TS3.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png

vouaol.png

Aaaaaaaah I love it!!! :love:
    Great job, it looks amazing! :blush:

Yeah I might be able to do a simlish version, I'll have to look for a simlish font though.
    edited July 2016
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The only issue I have with it is the positions of everything are weird to me, left to right.

I'm from the UK so The Kingdom should be somewhere in the middle with SimNation on the left and RedNation etc on the right.

That's how our maps are drawn IRL.

E.G

UK/European world map. - This one makes the most sense to me as GMT is in the middle with GMT-X to the left and GMT+X to the right. And probably also because I'm British.

Aussie/NZ world map. - Yours looks the most like this, so I'm guessing you are Aussie/Kiwi (or from somewhere else thereabouts)?

I get where you're coming from, and I'm actually from the UK as well, but for some reason the layout I chose just seemed to fit the best. I also didn't want the map to resemble Earth too much, so I jumbled it up a bit. I did try laying it out with The Kingdom being in the middle, but it just didn't work as well.

I feel like the only reason they did that was so they would have an excuse to have various families with corresponding ages, without having to explain why Mortimer is the same age as Dina and Nina if he was older in TS2, or why Malcolm is a teenager and Mortimer is an adult if they were both children in TS3.

I suppose, but I think it would have been easier to set the game after TS2 with a whole new set of characters with new stories. I would have understood if they'd decided to remake more of the families from TS2 and TS3, but they only remade the Goths, the Landgraabs, and the Calientes, so I just don't understand why they didn't choose to start a new story. :neutral:
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited July 2016

vouaol.png

Yeah I might be able to do a simlish version, I'll have to look for a simlish font though.

Thank you! :smiley: Can't wait to see simlish version. Have a look at this: http://strictlysimlish.tumblr.com/post/68346051421/simlish-fonts
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @keylimepiesims I really enjoyed looking at that. It brought back a lot of happy memories.

Thank you

vouaol.png

Thank you! :smiley: Can't wait to see simlish version. Have a look at this: http://strictlysimlish.tumblr.com/post/68346051421/simlish-fonts

Cool, thanks for the link. I'm not sure which one to use, these are the 4 that I like:

http://modthesims.info/d/355657
    http://modthesims.info/d/513746
    http://modthesims.info/d/511532
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=507064
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    @keylimepiesims I really enjoyed looking at that. It brought back a lot of happy memories.

Thank you

You're most welcome! Glad you enjoyed it. :smile:
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm speechless. Luckily, I'm not typeless so, well done you.
  • simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    Amazing map OP -EA should hire you. Very creative.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm speechless. Luckily, I'm not typeless so, well done you.
    Amazing map OP -EA should hire you. Very creative.

Thank you both! :blush:
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    This is amazing!!! It really helps give me perspective of where all the towns are relative to each other now and finally makes sense of that little airplane icon when travelling in Sims 4. Lol
  • quwfacequwface Posts: 52 Member
    Uaaa this is so cool. I really like your interpretation of Simsworld, and dem vectors are smoooooth- Nice work. Take my awesome. :D
    The Foster Legacy: A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge.
  • Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    What an amazing job! :)
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif