Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you know: things that DON'T work in Dine out.

This isn't meant to be for complaints or bugs. Restaurants just aren't designed to run smoothly with every feature in the game. This is a place to give advice to simmers who might need advice on running a restaurant.

Swimming pools aren't a good idea. I just made a restaurant surrounded by a pool with diving platforms. It looks nice, poolside tables with umbrellas, outdoor kitchen, beautiful view of the coast off Windenburg. However, whenever my manager and family has a free moment they go swimming. Whenever customers have to wait for a table, they go swimming. Whenever customers have to wait for food THEY GO SWIMMING!!!

Arrgghh!!! There's a finished meal sitting at the chef's station, but guess where the waitstaff is. I think it's taken 4 hours to serve 3 tables. I guess I'll block off the edge of the pool and just pretend people can go swimming. Or, I'll just turn it into a restaurant that my sims eat at but don't own.

I imagine the same thing will happen combining a game arcade with a restaurant.

Comments

• HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    That must be very annoying. :confounded:

About the restaurant and arcade...I recently downloaded a restaurant/arcade lot from the Gallery so that my teen club could have a place to hang out. I don't own it, but when I visited the restaurant, everything seemed to work fine. My club would play arcade games or do homework while waiting for their food (part of club activities), but once the food arrived they all went back to their seats. None of the other customers even touched the arcade games.

I have noticed that the gameplay works more smoothly when visiting a restaurant vs running one.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Karu300Karu300 Posts: 437 Member
    Music is a No-No. Much like the swimming issue from the OP.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2016
    This isn't meant to be for complaints or bugs. Restaurants just aren't designed to run smoothly with every feature in the game. This is a place to give advice to simmers who might need advice on running a restaurant.

Swimming pools aren't a good idea. I just made a restaurant surrounded by a pool with diving platforms. It looks nice, poolside tables with umbrellas, outdoor kitchen, beautiful view of the coast off Windenburg. However, whenever my manager and family has a free moment they go swimming. Whenever customers have to wait for a table, they go swimming. Whenever customers have to wait for food THEY GO SWIMMING!!!

Arrgghh!!! There's a finished meal sitting at the chef's station, but guess where the waitstaff is. I think it's taken 4 hours to serve 3 tables. I guess I'll block off the edge of the pool and just pretend people can go swimming. Or, I'll just turn it into a restaurant that my sims eat at but don't own.

I imagine the same thing will happen combining a game arcade with a restaurant.

It's not just pools darling. If you put almost anything entertainment related in a restaurant, sims will use it. And that includes stereos, do not put stereos on the lot. They'll start dancing all the time. They didn't prioritise things well in restaurants.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KlewbossKlewboss Posts: 58 Member
    @Sigzy05 Lol I hate having a radio in my house, its constantly on. Never turned off just spooky or baroque music constantly. I usually only break out the radio when I have parties. Then right back into my inventory, Breaks so often that I have to limit them just to special occasions because it's not like anyone even fixes it.

@CorkysPetals Any form of entertainment is terrible in just about anything business or restaurants, Without any kind of that I have the problem of them always trying to talk to the owner. And the employees are constantly peeing. Anyways, I've tried to make several break rooms for my business before, each time my employee never did their job. So no more break rooms, or being a cool boss. I don't even hire employees anymore in business because they never do anything anyways just play on their phone. Sims are so ADD.
    Petition for honesty from EA on subjects like Toddlers, CASt, Open World, Story Progression, OLYMPUS, etc... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/844877/petition-for-honesty-and-official-word-from-ea-on-toddlers-story-progression-cast-open-world-etc?new=1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2016
    Klewboss wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 Lol I hate having a radio in my house, its constantly on. Never turned off just spooky or baroque music constantly. I usually only break out the radio when I have parties. Then right back into my inventory, Breaks so often that I have to limit them just to special occasions because it's not like anyone even fixes it.

@CorkysPetals Any form of entertainment is terrible in just about anything business or restaurants, Without any kind of that I have the problem of them always trying to talk to the owner. And the employees are constantly peeing. Anyways, I've tried to make several break rooms for my business before, each time my employee never did their job. So no more break rooms, or being a cool boss. I don't even hire employees anymore in business because they never do anything anyways just play on their phone. Sims are so ADD.

That is recurring issue for the series. In TS2, TS3 and TS4 sims are more attracted to the radio than EA is to money XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I forgot about radios. I put one in a restaurant and took it out 5 minutes later.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yall should try the wall speakers. Sims ignore those and eat.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Using the glass dance floors for the bottom of the pool and the ceiling of the restaurant, I built a restaurant under a pool called Dive. In play testing, a few sims swam but most went downstairs to eat.
    I might try your idea but use a fountain to resemble a pool for the look of it, so that it appears as if you're eating at a poolside restaurant.
  • KlewbossKlewboss Posts: 58 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Klewboss wrote: »

That is recurring issue for the series. In TS2, TS3 and TS4 sims are more attracted to the radio than EA is to money XD

Right, EA and the Sims continue on with there day without fixing anything, as if it isn't even broken. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Kaching.
    Petition for honesty from EA on subjects like Toddlers, CASt, Open World, Story Progression, OLYMPUS, etc... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/844877/petition-for-honesty-and-official-word-from-ea-on-toddlers-story-progression-cast-open-world-etc?new=1
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Also don't put a television set anywhere on the lot. I added an apartment to the rear of "Hogan's Burger Bar" with a TV. I locked the doors but the customers still went and watched it and did not eat. I had other problems with this lot. Like the host and wait staff not showing up for work, and not being able to close the restaurant. This was the first Restaurant I tried to own. I'm frustrated with Dine Out. I don't know if this is a bug. I'll have to try it with the other Maxis restaurants, to see if it happens with them. Thanks for listening.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The bug with some sims not getting waited on is still happening. No food for 24 hours.
  • waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    If noticed if I recommend customers the meals they never receive the food. What's the point in having that gameplay option when it doesn't work!!
  • barespycebarespyce Posts: 34 Member
    Karu300 wrote: »
    Music is a No-No. Much like the swimming issue from the OP.

I found out about the music the hard way too. All my sims would line up in the middle and dance. Difficult to manage lol.
  • cookiesimmerrrcookiesimmerrr Posts: 159 Member
    Putting a small fence around the pool and just using it a decoration is always an option!
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    putting objects with MOO under the tables disables the tables to be served

i downloaded a fine restaurant where the maker has put boxes under the tables because it looks better,
    unfortunately nobody got served anything with those tables

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    A restaurant with a romantic ambiance from romantic wall speakers and ice buckets. Tried to have a romantic dinner, but my Sims were talking with other tables while everyone was flirty. The waitress was flirting and making out with the host and the other waitress must have been jealous cus she started crying. I'm experimenting with "booth rooms" now to see if that helps and contains the flirtatiousness to just the current occupants.