Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Very beautiful home Sandy!!! You did a great job!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Fabulous Home! Love how you did the patio and the nursery is just too cute! Really liking that bit of red you added to the exterior.

Thanks @romagi1! Glad you liked it. :)
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Oh that is a nice one sweetie. I love that barn, garden and fishing pond too cute. <3

Thanks so much @BreeMiles, I haven't done too many barns but was happy with my end result.

P.S. So nice to see you again, we all miss you!
    rosemow wrote: »
    Cinnabar Ranch is so very nice! :) It reflects the original inspiration home so very well! Very nice exterior of the ranch home! The gazebo hot tub is very nice! Very nice interior of the home. The wall patterns look very nice and give a great look to the rooms! The barn looks great! Very nice sunroom! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seating there with the sunshine coming in through the windows, and enjoying looking out through the windows at the outdoors views.
    The ranch home is very nice! :)

@rosemow, thank you so much....I think the sun room is one of my favorite rooms in the house.
  • HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    The ranch is lovely! Really cute and clever use of patterns on the interior and a beautiful garden as well. Really love the small romantic patio and the adorable kitchen <3

Very sweet sims as well you made for the ranch :p Especially love her face and colours of her clothing, very cheerful and sunny.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
    Heledriel wrote: »
    The ranch is lovely! Really cute and clever use of patterns on the interior and a beautiful garden as well. Really love the small romantic patio and the adorable kitchen <3

Very sweet sims as well you made for the ranch :p Especially love her face and colours of her clothing, very cheerful and sunny.

Thank you @Heledriel, I enjoyed doing the kitchen as I don't do country looks all that often.
    edited February 15
    HACIENDA DE LA KARMEN
    built on a 40x40 lot at 98 Sonora St in Lucky Palms
    6/30/16

EXCHANGE DOWNLOAD

This was a DNA request from @HSmith2016, for a Mexican Hacienda family home with a cheerful color scheme and authentic decor. (See full request here.)

It features a split bedroom floor plan (3 BD/2BA), 3 fireplaces, a separate dining room, a living room that's open to the kitchen, a cook's kitchen with the baker's station and Grandma's canning station, a breakfast bar and breakfast nook, a basement with a family room, bar and mini kitchen, workout space, a computer area and a nectary. The master suite has access out to the backyard and a private enclosed patio attached. Also has a front entrance courtyard with fountain, a garage, a laundry room, a pool, multiple patios, a greenhouse and a children's play yard.

Here's a few pics, but a lot more pictures can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/p4GDR

B07NY2C.jpg

UgtZGQK.jpg

URyELN9.png

iR4D0R7.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hacienda de la Karmen is a very nice Mexican home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home and layout of the build ! The water fountain is a nice touch in the front courtyard. The outdoors pool patio looks very nice! The tiling around the edges of the pool gives a great look to the area. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy relaxing on the loungers in the sunshine. The water fountain looks nice going into the water. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The blue and orange colour scheme of the interior looks so very nice! The Mexican themed furnishings look very great! The coloured and patterned curtains in the rooms add such a great look and feel to the rooms! Very nice living room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the blue sofa watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase , and the fireplace will keep the room warm. The patterned floor rug there looks very nice. Very nice design of the kitchen! The wall tiling looks nice. The archway entrance to the kitchen looks great! Nice bar stool counter for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal. The flowers on the dining table and on the floor near the table are pretty for sims to see when dining. The master bedroom is very nice! Very nice darker blue and orange colour scheme of the room! The bed pattern looks nice. The yellow flowers wall picture is sunny in the room. The floor tiling looks nice in the bathroom.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Amazing use of color! Just love the turquoise and terracotta!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Ditto to the remarks above Sandy. I posted on our DNA thread but popping in here as well. Such a neat blast of colour. Well done :smiley:
  • HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    The hacienda is beautiful and so colourful <3 ! It really reminds me of summer holidays and lots of sun.
    Lovely work with the colours and different 'materials'.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,768 Member
    I really LOVE Hacienda de la Karmen the colours are Amazing and how you used the patterns (as usual) you also use objects I wouldnt have thought of using like the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 items, I hope I remember them next time I do Mexican : ) Inspiring work my Dear Sandraelle. Its so clever how you have different levels of floors too, I will have to DL it later to appreciate it all in person. The Launcher is not working right today they have problems, but I will have it ;) bye for now x
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Extremely beautiful, Ms Sandy....stunning colors that just pop with style and creativity. Love IT♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hacienda de la Karmen is a very nice Mexican home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home and layout of the build ! The water fountain is a nice touch in the front courtyard. The outdoors pool patio looks very nice! The tiling around the edges of the pool gives a great look to the area. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy relaxing on the loungers in the sunshine. The water fountain looks nice going into the water. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The blue and orange colour scheme of the interior looks so very nice! The Mexican themed furnishings look very great! The coloured and patterned curtains in the rooms add such a great look and feel to the rooms! Very nice living room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the blue sofa watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase , and the fireplace will keep the room warm. The patterned floor rug there looks very nice. Very nice design of the kitchen! The wall tiling looks nice. The archway entrance to the kitchen looks great! Nice bar stool counter for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal. The flowers on the dining table and on the floor near the table are pretty for sims to see when dining. The master bedroom is very nice! Very nice darker blue and orange colour scheme of the room! The bed pattern looks nice. The yellow flowers wall picture is sunny in the room. The floor tiling looks nice in the bathroom.
    The home is very nice! :)

@rosemow , thank you so much for your lovely comments!
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Amazing use of color! Just love the turquoise and terracotta!

Thanks Rox! I was worried that I was going overboard with the colors, lol.
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Ditto to the remarks above Sandy. I posted on our DNA thread but popping in here as well. Such a neat blast of colour. Well done :smiley:

Thanks Paula! Appreciate it. :)
    Heledriel wrote: »
    The hacienda is beautiful and so colourful <3 ! It really reminds me of summer holidays and lots of sun.
    Lovely work with the colours and different 'materials'.

Thank you @Heledriel! Glad you stopped by. :)
    I really LOVE Hacienda de la Karmen the colours are Amazing and how you used the patterns (as usual) you also use objects I wouldnt have thought of using like the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 items, I hope I remember them next time I do Mexican : ) Inspiring work my Dear Sandraelle. Its so clever how you have different levels of floors too, I will have to DL it later to appreciate it all in person. The Launcher is not working right today they have problems, but I will have it ;) bye for now x

Hi Hilary...so glad to see you pop in to the forums! I'm glad you like my hacienda. Yeah, I don't get to use the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 objects all that often, so it was nice to be able to incorporate them into the spanish theme decor. Take care and talk to you soon.
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Hacienda de la Karmen is very beautiful sweetie.

@BreeMiles, thanks Bree. Thanks for visiting. I named it that because my requester's sim that will be moving into this house is named Karmen. :)
    Cassee wrote: »
    Extremely beautiful, Ms Sandy....stunning colors that just pop with style and creativity. Love IT♥♥

@Cassee, so nice to see you again. Glad you liked my color scheme ♥♥ back at ya! :smiley:
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm here!! Oh, Sandy... I just absolutely love Hacienda de la Karmen, every inch of it!! The colors, the layout, I can't wait until Karmen meets her "perfect" companion and they have babies! LOL :D I have a few pictures, I am not very good at getting the right shot, but I will share the ones that I like. I do believe that Karmen is in love with her new home, she keeps throwing wishes to go swimming, but I just want her to plant her seeds and start cooking!

Anyway, here she is giving Mixology a try. She's not very good... I think she knows it. :)
    Screenshot-134_zpskeabl1vl.jpg

This is a dark picture, but she wanted to read the paper outside and it was nighttime.
    Screenshot-129_zpsxc0pwonm.jpg

And this last one is her sleeping peacefully after a full day of enjoying her new home, I believe she looks very peaceful in this picture. Looks like she's dreaming about what she is going to bake once she wakes up. :smiley:
    Screenshot-135_zpskeixkgpe.jpg

Thank you so much for making such a beautiful home for Karmen. There was a strange Sim who knocked on her door while she was sleeping (it was around 1:55am in the game - a very strange time for a visitor, I thought) so maybe she will find someone soon to share her home with. Apparently, the Sims in Lucky Palms are eager to meet new neighbors! Hahahaha
    I'm thrilled that you like the house (and that Karmen is liking her new home as well)! Thanks so much for sharing the pics, I enjoyed seeing them. And you're very welcome, I loved created this house for you.

Wishing Karmen much luck in the romance department so she can get start having those babies, lol.

P.S. When she does meet her man, I'd love to see a pic of him. :)
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    @Sandraelle, I have a question about the enclosed garden area with the SwiftGro thing. I tried to plant some seeds, a couple different kinds, but I keep getting a message saying that I can't plant indoors or something like that. It looks like dirt on the ground, am I doing something wrong?
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle, I have a question about the enclosed garden area with the SwiftGro thing. I tried to plant some seeds, a couple different kinds, but I keep getting a message saying that I can't plant indoors or something like that. It looks like dirt on the ground, am I doing something wrong?

Oh dear. I actually didn't try to place any plants or seeds, but I did put dirt on the ground to allow for planting. I thought because the dirt was there and the swiftgro contraption was there that there wouldn't be any problem. Maybe try removing some walls or just remove the door and see if it allows you to do it. I believe I've placed the swiftgro thing inside walls before, so I'm not sure why it's giving you the message. I'm not in game right now to try it myself. Let me know if you figure it out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top