Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World rumour!

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    Pretty....but you know the routine of getting hyped over speculation when it comes to EA..the joke is usually on you.

Then let the joke be on me. I am not going to let anyone take my Hopes and Dreams away from me ;) I love speculating too!
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    That...that could pretty much make me play TS4 again...especially if we get to swim and use the beach, sun bathe and make sand castles and find shells in the sand. :love::love: Please gurus please!!!!

CmO2EvrUoAAki4W.jpg

And the big stairs!!! And the fancy beach houses! It looks so good.

Wow, that is so beautiful, love the stairs, love the beach and the water, wow, I hope this rumour is true, because I so want it! and building those enormous beach houses on the cliff-wow, that would be awesome! I can only cross my fingers, toes that hopefully comes true! And it would be nice to get proper stilts too!
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Did just the sims posted on facebook about a TBT of Island Paradise?

OMGGGGG
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

edited July 2016

OMGGGGG

Its just a throwback to TS3. I don't think it has anything to do with TS4, although I would love an IP in the game ;)

Edit: It is Shark Week (didn't even know we had that) :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I think that is not related to TS4...
    It feels too realistic and is not the same art style they usually use to make concept arts for worlds:

07_EP02_ModernDowntown.jpg

15077492406_af8ebe22e2_z.jpg

ts4_conceptart_14.jpg

14467058956_1643d31c68_b.jpg

20140912163325906.jpg

908.png
    If only TS4 worlds would have looked a bit more like that...
    If it's a new world I really hope they can go down that stairway to the beach.
    Simanite wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Interesting art... has a slightly dystopian feel to it. Who knows, it might be something we see in our games in the future. If we do I bet it ends up looking quite different.

o.O It's just a normal (pretty) beach on the sunrise :p

Agreed, there's absolutely nothing dystopian about it. It just looks like a beach near some modern homes in somewhere like Malibu.
    It feels a bit dystopian to me too, just as 'absolutely' probably as it doesn't for you ;) The sunset is pretty, but apart from that it feels like a rather desolate place to me. Maybe it's the rocks and the modern houses.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    They were credited because their style definitely came through in the game, it seems.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Looks pretty good actually but if it is something else then that could be a disapointment.

I mean if TS4 has worlds like that and they are open then, well, that might just be the 'life oat' that TS4 has been waiting for...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Looks a bit derelict to me. o_0

I agree, that was my first thought, a little scary to me. but I do kind of like it.

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Looks kind of dark to me. Maybe a stranded island (rowboat) and you either sleep in the cave or the hut (on over to the right). Maybe the stairs are broken when you try to get up them, and you can't reach the beautiful homes? Maybe grunge stuff coming?

Not sure, but I don't think it looks like anything tropical (seems dreary to me)

I agree, does not look like a island paradise either, kind of a little eerie to me, yea, that the word eerie.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    could be with an update if there's a Tropical EP SP or GP coming out

lol...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

OMGGGGG

It was only in honor of shark week.

Anyway, like someone else mentioned, it really does have a dystopian feel. It really looks like the beaches back home, and those don't look like modern homes to me. They look like the abandoned warehouses we have along the rocks because the fishing is no good any more. The empty boat belongs to someone trespassing the beach, desperately digging for clams to feed the family before the sun fully rises. The fishing is poor, the lobsters are gone, and families that have been fishing for generations are now out of work.

Yup. Looks like home.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Pretty! But the company the artist works for probably works for more than just one product (the links says "Michael Bierek works for a company called Massive Black who were previously contracted by EA to work on concept art for The Sims 4"), so it could be concept art for some other game. Or might have been a version of concept art for the Windenburg island, where you go down to beach areas from a height - that seems pretty likely to me from what we ended up with. Or might be stuff he's produced independently of any contract (given it's posted on his own portfolio site).

Massive Bierek is the artist's company that was hired by EA.

Also Windenburg's beach is an island, and is far different from that, even the houses aren't extra modern like the ones in the island a side from on or two.

@luthienrising Also, if you look at the bottom left you can see a sim standing there my the stairs :3
  • monon0kemonon0ke Posts: 144 Member
    omg i would love if this comes out. the beach and the rocky theme looks so lovely. id want to make a cute cottage looking house there
    tumblr_o7ljq7l45_Y1qet0cro1_500.gif
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Callum2000 wrote: »
    Pretty! But the company the artist works for probably works for more than just one product (the links says "Michael Bierek works for a company called Massive Black who were previously contracted by EA to work on concept art for The Sims 4"), so it could be concept art for some other game. Or might have been a version of concept art for the Windenburg island, where you go down to beach areas from a height - that seems pretty likely to me from what we ended up with. Or might be stuff he's produced independently of any contract (given it's posted on his own portfolio site).

Massive Bierek is the artist's company that was hired by EA.

Also Windenburg's beach is an island, and is far different from that, even the houses aren't extra modern like the ones in the island a side from on or two.

@luthienrising Also, if you look at the bottom left you can see a sim standing there my the stairs :3

There are more on the docks and more under the umbrella, as well.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
    I might add that would this world be somewhat more 'open' as even though fully open worlds are not possible, could it not be possible for them to make some areas large enough to not need a loading screen and thus an entire beach and the stairs leading above the rocks be one open area?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    "Die from Exhaustion" I can just see my Elders climbing those stairs :D
    @charlotteprice Nah, TS4 is al about futuristic teleportation! :tongue:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I might add that would this world be somewhat more 'open' as even though fully open worlds are not possible, could it not be possible for them to make some areas large enough to not need a loading screen and thus an entire beach and the stairs leading above the rocks be one open area?

The only areas that aren't open are lots. Once you load a lot, the entire area is open surrounding it.
    You don't need need loading screens to explore the Neighborhood.

They have larger areas than this beach and stairs already in the game.

LOL, maybe you can go inside the cave and it will teleport you to the top? I just can't see climbing the stairs, I think I would be exhausted IRL if I had to watch my Sims climb them :D
  • StokedSimmerStokedSimmer Posts: 58 Member
    ts4_conceptart_14.jpg

Dang. This one still hurts..lol. How I've dreamed of my Sims holding Block parties in this neighborhood. -sigh-

But, seriously, this Rose Beach... Hot plum, I think I'm in love. Even if it just turns out to be another misleading concept art. :D
    tumblr_m4lb9nR8lz1qztmnoo1_500.gif

"The city is flying. Okay, the city is FLYING, we're fighting an army of robots...and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense." - Hawkeye, becoming self-aware in AOU

Origin ID - Blue_Nikon_007
    jackjack_k wrote: »

The only areas that aren't open are lots. Once you load a lot, the entire area is open surrounding it.

A bit like the area around the park and the roadside playgrounds?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

LOL, maybe you can go inside the cave and it will teleport you to the top? I just can't see climbing the stairs, I think I would be exhausted IRL if I had to watch my Sims climb them :D

Would be hilarious to watch though ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2016
    Looks stuning. If this is going to make it, ill have to give them credit for the stunning new worlds they have been creating. Windenburg, this.. i mean its realistic en has lots of variety. Apart from the boring willow creek, oases springs and newcrest.
    In windenburg i was happy to see i can build a few different themed houses. My amsterdam houses would fit great in the old city part. My beach or haven house fits nicely on the island. My simple farmer house on the farmer/green area where the sheeps are. And it all feels so themed as im really there. Now THATS a good world then. I hope this world is coming patched in like newcrest or with the new EP.

If its an EP, i feel it will be something holiday related. Maybe where we can rent or buy property and multiple houses. Probably with winter and summer weather as well, so there goes seasons. In the survey, they didnt write about spring or autumn and i totally see it happen in a sims 4 game where everything gets cut down to simple and plain. Anyway: NICE world!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

A bit like the area around the park and the roadside playgrounds?
    In Windenburg the playing area is bigger than that, hurray for Windenburg! I even lost my sim the first time I played there because I didn't expect it lol. She autonomously went to talk to someone and I expected it to be someone on her porch. So I lost her and found her standing near a small river talking to someone there. Loved it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    A beach would be nice, but not all those stairs.......I would hate to have to go to the bathroom and need to climb them......
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top