Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge

Comments

• CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    Urgh! My main sim caught on fire when cooking grilled cheese while exhausted. I managed to make serious upgrades to the house and was well on the way to completing one aspiration for my 'when-busy' sim. BUT, then my game froze and crashed!! So annoyed!
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    One thing I have changed is that when my main sim is at work I play as another sim just to make the time go faster.

One part of the challenge I'm confused by is the aspiration part. So for instance if I was doing the cooking aspirations I would have to complete both the master of mixology and the chef one?

Sadly, I don't think you can do that on one sim.
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    One thing I have changed is that when my main sim is at work I play as another sim just to make the time go faster.

One part of the challenge I'm confused by is the aspiration part. So for instance if I was doing the cooking aspirations I would have to complete both the master of mixology and the chef one?

Do you mean I won't have enough time to finish both in one lifespan?

I'm confused about what I need to do with the aspirations to be able to leave the asylum.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member

I'm confused about what I need to do with the aspirations to be able to leave the asylum.

what i mean is, one sim is not able to do both branches of the same career. At least not easily. You'd have to demote your sim with cheats down to just before you choose which path direction of the career path you want to take.
  • Eva_vBEva_vB Posts: 2 New Member
    So i need to pay the bills but i dont have enough money, if i dont pay it then it'll shut down my water and i really cant have that, what should i do?!

what i mean is, one sim is not able to do both branches of the same career. At least not easily. You'd have to demote your sim with cheats down to just before you choose which path direction of the career path you want to take.

Oooh! Sorry I was just using that aspiration as an example because I drew a blank for the other ones. But thanks for letting me know, I'll probably need that info in the future.
    Eva_vB wrote: »
    So i need to pay the bills but i dont have enough money, if i dont pay it then it'll shut down my water and i really cant have that, what should i do?!

If you immediately need money then I suggest travelling around harvesting plants, collecting frogs, digging up rocks and fishing - they'll all give you an immediate reward. In future have one of your sims paint, write, or garden.

Are your lights set on auto, and do all of your sims have jobs?
    My secondary sim has almost finished his first aspiration, on the last body builder level and wondering how long it'll take him to reach his max body potential.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Fourth video up!
    My sim gets promoted and is super anti social because the place is a mess.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et-dPrdALP0

I really love your idea of serial killer Sims! I'm a big true crime fanatic so that kind of thing is right up my alley. I may try something similar.
  • ShelbellmShelbellm Posts: 1 New Member
    Dose a couch count as a bed spot since sims can sleep on them?
    Shelbellm wrote: »
    Dose a couch count as a bed spot since sims can sleep on them?

No couch's don't count as bed spots, they do count towards the seating spots you have!
  • EllieSimsterEllieSimster Posts: 31 Member
    @simswithcheese That sounds interesting! I wonder if there's some way to make it shorter... Idk. I don't have a whole lot of time, especially since I started a different challenge... :neutral:
    Check out my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clmpzse5zaM
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    This is wonderful, I started this challenge (medium) today, and the mood in the house is getting worse and worse with each day... :worried: My main sim has to do all the repairing and completing her aspirations, the rest just keeps surviving. But on the other hand it's great she has managed to find a relationship, so hopefully neither of these two sims dies during the challenge since I would love to move them out after finishing the challenge :wink:
  • DeadlyFangDeadlyFang Posts: 175 Member
    I'm doing the Asylum Challenge! On medium... Only on day two and things in the house are already getting heated lol. I've been wanting to do this one for a while. :D

I'm filming it on my youtube channel over here.
  • SubtleSimmingSubtleSimming Posts: 196 Member
    Starring this thread!! I will definitely be attempting this challenge--so glad I found this!!! :)
  • ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    I think im going to give this a try.
  • AmipereAmipere Posts: 1 New Member
    does anyone have an asylum I can use?
    Thankyou so much if you do!
  • MadMan8771_YTMadMan8771_YT Posts: 1 New Member
    Love this i have one going and they are all elders. Is the use of lifetime reward points allowed? :)
  • MaryZaraMaryZara Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried out the challenge at medium difficulty and everything was going just fine... until my main Sim, the one I was controlling, died electrocuted when repairing a TV. LOL xD
  • GlintOnGlassGlintOnGlass Posts: 47 Member
    I just started this challenge in medium. Unfortunately, my bills were twice what my sim makes in work and scavenging. I think the bills for the Asylum should be paid by the government.
    Origin ID: GlintOnGlass
    y1vliQM.png

• butterfly27255butterfly27255 Posts: 52 Member
    @GlintOnGlass that happen to me and I had to delete a few decoration. It seems the more you have the more expensive is your bill.
  • dominiquekrwdominiquekrw Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, not sure if this has been asked before... But is flirting, woohooing and building a relationship with another sim in the asylum allowed?
  • elmo_gurl112elmo_gurl112 Posts: 783 Member
    d this challenge and am posting what happens on youtube, although im too afraid to talk on my youtube channel, but please check it out and see what you think <3 I would love some feed back and what you guys think I should do next with this challenge and how u think some of the relationships should go. Thanks x

search Lakkita 92 on youtube

Links to each part are in the description on youtube
    74380e5da1dd5187bb2bc2f69eff1060.jpg
    MY ORIGIN ID: Midnight292
  • elmo_gurl112elmo_gurl112 Posts: 783 Member
    I just started this challenge in medium. Unfortunately, my bills were twice what my sim makes in work and scavenging. I think the bills for the Asylum should be paid by the government.

I agree completely, Bills should be payed by the government. In Australia Medicare would cover these bills although that might be hard to put into the sims game, I find painting and have 2 sims working in the criminal career i can only JUST pay my bills at about 2200$ ouch!
    74380e5da1dd5187bb2bc2f69eff1060.jpg
    MY ORIGIN ID: Midnight292
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    d this challenge and am posting what happens on youtube, although im too afraid to talk on my youtube channel, but please check it out and see what you think <3 I would love some feed back and what you guys think I should do next with this challenge and how u think some of the relationships should go. Thanks x
    search Lakkita 92 on youtube
    Links to each part are in the description on youtube
    Found Sims 4 - Asylum Challenge - Part 1
    https://youtu.be/BPg3QeXPIJU