Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World rumour!

Comments

• ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @NeonHighways I find it hard to build in windenburgh coz of the style too..the houses look pretty much the same so it would just stand out too much. I dont like newcrest coz I dunno what to put in it and I use the other two worlds way too often
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Pretty! But the company the artist works for probably works for more than just one product (the links says "Michael Bierek works for a company called Massive Black who were previously contracted by EA to work on concept art for The Sims 4"), so it could be concept art for some other game. Or might have been a version of concept art for the Windenburg island, where you go down to beach areas from a height - that seems pretty likely to me from what we ended up with. Or might be stuff he's produced independently of any contract (given it's posted on his own portfolio site).

The picture is titled with "Rose Beach - concept rough - Sims 4"

Strangely enough, the artist added it to his portfolio two months ago. I wonder why it took so long for someone to find it and think it was something new? If it is that old, I doubt it will actually be used in the game.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • SC_AdminSC_Admin Posts: 498 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    SC_Admin wrote: »
    To clear this up: I spotted this concept art on Massive Black a few days ago just to make sure if some of Concept Artist published something new after releasing 2 packs: Dine Out and Kids Room and decided not to share this for one obvious reason:

Any concept art you'll find on Massive Black for The Sims 4 is only early-exploration. You'll find find concepts like these that didn't make the cut as Sims 4 developed a different art style. If you look up on The Sims 4 credits, only Base Game credited the Massive Black company for concept arts, but any other new The Sims 4 releases don't have Massive Black listed as they worked with the company during very early days of The Sims 4.

However, this is still a really interesting art piece!

Thanks for the info.

Although, though Windenburg was an early idea they got to make it. Maybe they could have done the same to this one?

Well, windenburg was more than just a concept art. They included a huge collection of early beta photos in The Sims 4 game files that show bits and pieces of Windenburg.
    61d.jpg

However, they may revisit this idea, who knows :)
    scnewsignature.png
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Interesting art... has a slightly dystopian feel to it. Who knows, it might be something we see in our games in the future. If we do I bet it ends up looking quite different.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Interesting art... has a slightly dystopian feel to it. Who knows, it might be something we see in our games in the future. If we do I bet it ends up looking quite different.

o.O It's just a normal (pretty) beach on the sunrise :p

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    SC_Admin wrote: »
    To clear this up: I spotted this concept art on Massive Black a few days ago just to make sure if some of Concept Artist published something new after releasing 2 packs: Dine Out and Kids Room and decided not to share this for one obvious reason:

Any concept art you'll find on Massive Black for The Sims 4 is only early-exploration. You'll find find concepts like these that didn't make the cut as Sims 4 developed a different art style. If you look up on The Sims 4 credits, only Base Game credited the Massive Black company for concept arts, but any other new The Sims 4 releases don't have Massive Black listed as they worked with the company during very early days of The Sims 4.

However, this is still a really interesting art piece!

Thanks for the info :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

In yr eyes! :p;)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @Sigzy05 omg that would be amazing. Also totally off topic but nice avatar

Thanks! :smiley:
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Omg that... i would love to have my sims live there *please be a vacation EP and those are vacation homes* I'd be in heaven

I'd prefer if it were a normal world.

Even better! I'm craving beach stuff like Sims3, i hope they'll add boats again.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

Agreed, there's absolutely nothing dystopian about it. It just looks like a beach near some modern homes in somewhere like Malibu.
    @Sigzy05 omg that would be amazing. Also totally off topic but nice avatar

Thanks! :smiley:
    Omg that... i would love to have my sims live there *please be a vacation EP and those are vacation homes* I'd be in heaven

I'd prefer if it were a normal world.

Even better! I'm craving beach stuff like Sims3, i hope they'll add boats again.

Me too, it would be just so great to have boats and ocean/open water swimming back etc.

• GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member
    Gorgeous, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I would love to see it as a pirate world Kind of like sims3 Barnacle Bay. But with the graphics of sims4 and more gameplay, where you could play as a pirate!
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I think that is not related to TS4...
    It feels too realistic and is not the same art style they usually use to make concept arts for worlds:

07_EP02_ModernDowntown.jpg

15077492406_af8ebe22e2_z.jpg

ts4_conceptart_14.jpg

14467058956_1643d31c68_b.jpg

Those are the earlier ones, i posted the most recent concepts we have.

You do know that concept art is just that - concept art ? A bunch of different styles can be used when it comes to concept art, because most of the time it's just there to give the designers an impression of a setting or a certain feeling. When that's decided, they will create assets that fit the style of the actual product. Some companies even get in other artists here and there and then let their own team 'translate' the given concepts into it.

And regarding your realism comment : The Sims has always had a lot of realistic to semi-realistic concept art created for it since it's a life simulation.

Doesn't matter. The rumour is already debunked, the guy who made the concept art is not working for EA anymore.
    tenor.gif
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I think that is not related to TS4...
    It feels too realistic and is not the same art style they usually use to make concept arts for worlds:

07_EP02_ModernDowntown.jpg

15077492406_af8ebe22e2_z.jpg

ts4_conceptart_14.jpg

14467058956_1643d31c68_b.jpg

Those are the earlier ones, i posted the most recent concepts we have.

You do know that concept art is just that - concept art ? A bunch of different styles can be used when it comes to concept art, because most of the time it's just there to give the designers an impression of a setting or a certain feeling. When that's decided, they will create assets that fit the style of the actual product. Some companies even get in other artists here and there and then let their own team 'translate' the given concepts into it.

And regarding your realism comment : The Sims has always had a lot of realistic to semi-realistic concept art created for it since it's a life simulation.

Doesn't matter. The rumour is already debunked, the guy who made the concept art is not working for EA anymore.

But looking at the various concept art is always interesting. Especially when you get to see the final product in game and compare it.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    It is very beautiful, and would be nice to have a usable beach in the game. However, concept art is just that - a concept - until something official is announced.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, anyway. Each time they've shown us a beautiful landscape it turns out to be in the unusable section of the new area, anyway. What good is a beautiful beach if it is just backdrop?

True.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Not even by a Maxis dev.

It's by an artist who works for a company, which has been hired by EA in the past to do Sims 4 concept art.

As in, this isn't even their only project.
    wJbomAo.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Pretty! But the company the artist works for probably works for more than just one product (the links says "Michael Bierek works for a company called Massive Black who were previously contracted by EA to work on concept art for The Sims 4"), so it could be concept art for some other game. Or might have been a version of concept art for the Windenburg island, where you go down to beach areas from a height - that seems pretty likely to me from what we ended up with. Or might be stuff he's produced independently of any contract (given it's posted on his own portfolio site).

The picture is titled with "Rose Beach - concept rough - Sims 4"

Okay, missed that. I do think it could be concept art for Windenburg's island. Concept art doesn't always end up being exactly what's in game, so the fact that what's there isn't what's in the art wouldn't stop that being for Windenburg.

Even if that is Windenburg I'm still not ruling out a tropical vacation ep.
  • dancergirlcbdancergirlcb Posts: 96 Member
    That would be awesome if we got a beach in the Sims 4. I miss it from the Sims 3. :D
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    to be able to swim in the sea, sun bathe and have fun on a beach again will do me!!
    pleasepleaseplease o mighty gurus/developers who we lowly simmers are not worthy to plumbob *grovels*
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • quwfacequwface Posts: 52 Member
    Uaaaaaa- I would love beach content. I hope they add it to existing waterfronts/beaches as well if it does end up coming. The island of Windenburg would be even more amazing than it already is if we can swim in the sea.

Fingers (and plumbobs) crossed, eh?
    The Foster Legacy: A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge.
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Pirates of the Caribbean?
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited July 2016

Me too!!
    Beaches = <3

PS And nothing wrong with speculating. :*
    It's a Million times better than complaints and I thought everyone wanted less complaining?.... B)
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I hope this concept art is accurate to the final product, because I like what I see of Rose Beach so far! :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Kinda looks like the island on Windenburg meets Oasis Springs. <3
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top