Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited June 2016
    I've been thinking about this on and off but I've decided to go ahead, stop procrastinating, and finally ask you guys!

I'm writing a new story (comedy/slice of life) that won't be out for a while since I plan to have it all written first. It's going to focus on one household but they will have neighbors who will (at least) have walk-on appearances. I could make them all but I'd like some audience participation.

That's where you come in...
    24mz70k.png

I need four households to be neighbors. This is the house that's going in the blank spot. It doesn't look too out of place and I've explained the cool turret as a status symbol from the old days, lol. I'm going to try and place houses that match that one. However, if you happen to find a house from the gallery for your submitted family that you'd like, that would be cool (otherwise I'll do it, of course. The house next door looks pretty cool as-is, though, so I might not change it).

My sims are four young adults so I'd like to stay away from neighbors that are also roommates, you know? It's actually quite unusual that these four people are living together in that house, huh, how strange... Oh, and no aliens!

Some Ideas:
    1. One wealthy, cranky old(ish) woman (spouse optional). She heads the historical home association (this little street is historical). She'd be a snob, of course. (Actually, I'll accept multiple cranky older folks to be in the historical society but live elsewhere, haha. That would be a funny club, wouldn't it? NEW GOAL. I can definitely see myself having a vote on who gets to be the historical society president, omg omg! :love: )
    2. I've already mentioned (in passing) an elderly/senile Bella Goth, an aging Don Lothario, and old tale-teller Bob Pancakes so if you'd like to have Bob and Eliza around (or just Bob!) living with a child and grandchild(ren) that would be fun to see on the regular. (The Pancakes can definitely have a new house.)
    3. Basically, YA pre-mades are now elders in this world (just for variety). If you'd like to submit aged versions of the pre-mades for outside this little street I won't say no, haha. I'm going to do it if you don't!
    4. I guess any other sort of family is acceptable, lol. Any race/orientation/etc, they just have to be neighborly. :tongue:
    5. Well... Not all fit/thin or "perfect" looking families. Maybe one in the 4 houses but... variety, you feel? This isn't Stepford. :lol:

Backstories are optional but oh so fun!

I will give credit on my beautifully organized credit page (lol) with shoutouts and whatnot.

I'll have to see how I'll end up using submissions - I don't want any left-outy-ness with first come first serve so I guess I'll see what sort of variety I get before I make my final choices. I'll definitely populate the rest of my town with submissions if I get more than four because there's obviously more to this setting than the one street, lol. I just know that there will be a BBQ where the four households will come over so they'd be featured. That's all I have at the moment.

SO, in your spare time (ha!), see what you can come up (if you're interested), submit to this thread, and have fun!

Note: CC on sims is OK but I prefer maxis match and links to the CC, of course. Same for the houses but I doubt we'll go inside the neighbors' places (but then again you never know).

Gallery hashtag #ceotsk (it's a working title placeholder, lol)

I'll repost this at a later time for a different crowd, too. :)

Edit: No rush, by the way! I mean, I'm excited to see the submissions but there isn't a hurry.
    Post edited by Meggles on
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    @pronterus Pilipino?

@Jellysimwich Yup!

Me, too!

Bihira akong makakita ng Pinoy dito sa forums kaya okey! Filipino simmers who are active on forums like these are rare. :D

i might understand you in few years. my brother is american my sister in law is filipino.
  • Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    @Meggles you are crazy ambitious with this! (Well, everyone in here seems to be :D I'm really struggling with keeping up on everything I've started in a well balanced manner lol) So...you're asking for some help with submitting households? I could totally whip up a cranky old woman. Those are always fun :D
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @pronterus Pilipino?

@Jellysimwich Yup!

Me, too!

Bihira akong makakita ng Pinoy dito sa forums kaya okey! Filipino simmers who are active on forums like these are rare. :D

i might understand you in few years. my brother is american my sister in law is filipino.

That's awesome :)
  • Options
    @pronterus Pilipino?

@Jellysimwich Yup!

Me, too!

it is my nieces look like china dolls so cute.
  • Options
    @pronterus Pilipino?

@Jellysimwich Yup!

Me, too!

That is awesome :) Do they live in the Philippines or in the US? The area I live in here in the US, there are not many Asians, we are very outnumbered! I speak English everyday, only English, mostly :D
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @pronterus Pilipino?

@Jellysimwich Yup!

Me, too!

Hindi ko alam...new here, mostly :) In TS3 forum there was more... :/

Ohh so the TS3 forum has more Pinoys? Not many here in TS4, and if you check simmers on The Sims PH page on Facebook, there really isn't a community of any kind.
  • Options
    @pronterus Pilipino?

@Jellysimwich Yup!

Me, too!

it is my nieces look like china dolls so cute.

Yes, Asian and Caucasian blend is very nice :) Desirable look in many places.
  • Options
    @pronterus Pilipino?

@Jellysimwich Yup!

Me, too!

That is awesome :) Do they live in the Philippines or in the US? The area I live in here in the US, there are not many Asians, we are very outnumbered! I speak English everyday, only English, mostly :D

us . about 40 minutes from me. i don't understand filipino unless my sister in law tells me. but maybe i'll learn when my nieces are older. she talks to them in both filipino and english.
  • Options
    @pronterus Pilipino?

@Jellysimwich Yup!

Me, too!

Hindi ko alam...new here, mostly :) In TS3 forum there was more... :/

Ohh so the TS3 forum has more Pinoys? Not many here in TS4, and if you check simmers on The Sims PH page on Facebook, there really isn't a community of any kind.

I met a few... was a very long time ago, though. My ID on that forum was in taglog so...giveaway to meeting others :D
  • Options

us . about 40 minutes from me. i don't understand filipino unless my sister in law tells me. but maybe i'll learn when my nieces are older. she talks to them in both filipino and english.

That's good. Being bilingual or multilingual has so many advantages. My daughter doesn't speak Tagalog but she does understand French and is learning Spanish. Spanish is clearly the obvious route to go here in the US, as it's much more practical, and many careers here prefer it to being simply bilingual in X. My French got me no where but if I spoke Spanish, it was a major bonus, especially with working in the medical field.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I know a petite of French and a pequeña of Spanish. I'm more (but not exactly) fluent in ASL but I'm trying to brush up on all three items

Bonjour, Meric, Gracias, (and something Italian i learned for my upcoming Sept trip: Grazie), Oui/Si Non/no (pronunced Noh)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I know a petite of French and a pequeña of Spanish. I'm more (but not exactly) fluent in ASL but I'm trying to brush up on all three items

Bonjour, Meric, Gracias, (and something Italian i learned for my upcoming Sept trip: Grazie), Oui/Si Non/no (pronunced Noh)

I have a new obsession with ASL but only after having watched all seasons of Switched At Birth... Super addictive.
  • Options
    @Meggles you are crazy ambitious with this! (Well, everyone in here seems to be :D I'm really struggling with keeping up on everything I've started in a well balanced manner lol) So...you're asking for some help with submitting households? I could totally whip up a cranky old woman. Those are always fun :D

@Jellysimwich Admittedly, this is the most ambitious thing I've attempted but I am determined to make it work! I decided if I write it first I'll actually keep it up and remove the pressure. :blush:
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »

@Jellysimwich Admittedly, this is the most ambitious thing I've attempted but I am determined to make it work! I decided if I write it first I'll actually keep it up and remove the pressure. :blush:

That is a really good idea. I will definitely keep tabs on this project :)
  • Options

Oh, and YES, please send me an old lady!!!
  • Options

Oh, and YES, please send me an old lady!!!

How soon do you need her?
  • Options
    Has anyone accidently eaten moldy cheese?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

Does blue cheese count? ;)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options

Guess technically all cheese is moldy :D I know that even when cheese gets moldy spots, you can in fact cut that part off, and still eat it. Might sound scary... lol Why? Do you feel ill?
  • Options
    @Munterbacon no since Blue cheese *is* suppose to have mold in it.

@Jellysimwich no I don't feel ill..it just the last two days I accidently ate moldy cheese for lunch without realizing it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@Jellysimwich no I don't feel ill..it just the last two days I accidently ate moldy cheese for lunch without realizing it.

The worst! Hate when that happens. Sorry :/ Glad you feel, alright...
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

Yeah don't mind me, I'm just being silly :)

I've accidentally eaten yoghurt past it's best by date, but can't recall having moldy cheese accidentally, mind you, with me anything is possible :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    @Lizzie1234 I like the idea of questions! :)
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    Happiest of birthdays to the AMAZING @Simslover163 Big hugs!!!!! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top