Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Can You Do In TS4's Base Game Not Possible In TS2 or TS3's Bases?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
Please leave out any GP, EP or Stuff Pack. The Intention is to show what should be retained for the next game as it is part of TS4's Core and note worthy to keep for the next in the series but to also show why you felt this base game's abilities was something you could not do in the other base games. ETA: I have left out The Sims base game because it's on a pedestal all by itself.

Please list in bullet form to avoid long debates and conversations if possible. If you need to explain then that's o.k. But I am curious by my own standards of my own gameplay what others find was not possible in TS2's base or TS3's base that couldn't have been added in a patch to them and or maybe in some sort of pack as an add on. I want to also leave out multitasking as this could not have been patched into TS3 or TS2's core games, so we all know multitasking is a huge plus for most players of TS4. Even me on some things but not all things should be multitasked due to hindering some types of gameplay. ETA: CAS and Build mode are exempt also because most feel CAS tug and pull is an improvement and so is some of build mode though it limits other features in previous base games.

I will start with something I feel probably couldn't have been added to TS2 or TS3 in a patch or later EP etc.

1. I just went blank and will have to think when my head is clearer.

ETA: I started to say switching aspirations, but then I looked at my own rules in this thread and not sure they couldn't have added that to an EP or patch or whatever. So, I will have to leave that off the list. I'm looking for core features that absolutely couldn't have been changed or added in TS2 or TS3's bases. And most so far don't seem like something that couldn't have just been added to the previous games.

1. I finally had a clear thought. lol The one I would add to this list because no it probably couldn't have been added to the core of the others is the ability to enter build/buy mode on a community lot while live. That is something they should keep for the next game. But it's not always possible in this game on particular lots like if another Sim owns that lot etc. I think if I entered build/buy in TS3 (without cheats) I would be taken back to the home lot instead of being able to change or buy something for a community lot. Say like if a lot is missing a stereo in TS4 you can just plop one down while there. That would have been very handy at parties in TS3 and in TS2 on some lots downtown etc.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Manage townies without a cheat.... that's all. That's the only thing I would retain.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @simgirl1010 could you explain a little more what you mean by plants evolving without having to be replanted because in TS2 they evolved where they were after much work. Not sure what you mean did you have to replant them in TS3? I didn't do much gardening in TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited June 2016
    nvm..
    Post edited by Sofmc9 on
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    Have sim parents express love to their children. my most favorite interaction in the series. :D Also read books to them sitting anywhere, I like that. I can put a chair near a bed and have a kid sit on the bed while the parent is reading..

Those are good features but is that something the other games couldn't have added? I think in both TS2 and TS3 parents can read to children anywhere on the floor etc. if they have room and not a crowded room with too many objects. Yes, I will agree children sitting on the bed while being read to, is a good feature to keep. But not sure they couldn't do it in the others. Not picking just looking for amazing features outside of multitasking of why to build a new game.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 could you explain a little more what you mean by plants evolving without having to be replanted because in TS2 they evolved where they were after much work. Not sure what you mean did you have to replant them in TS3? I didn't do much gardening in TS3.

Maybe plants don't have different stages in Sims 2? I thought so but can't remember. In Sims 3 after each stage you have to harvest and replant.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Maybe plants don't have different stages in Sims 2? I thought so but can't remember. In Sims 3 after each stage you have to harvest and replant.

O.K. yeah, maybe I'm confused about evolving into a plant Sim lol instead of the plant evolving in TS2. Yes, that would be a good feature to keep in TS4 because I didn't like gardening in TS3 so never really played that much gardening tried it, didn't like it.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited June 2016
    Post edited by Sofmc9 on
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    You can bake cupcakes with the cupcake factory.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Manage townies without a cheat.... that's all. That's the only thing I would retain.

You can mamagr tows
    But you can make cupcskes at with the toy oven in sims 3 base game.?

You can mamagr tows

That came with Ambitions.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

You can mamagr tows

That came with Ambitions.

No it came in the base game, there is more you can do with it in ambitions
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Didn't the cupcake factory come with GTW?
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    Opps sorry aparently you can make muffins, but not cupcakes
    (In The Sims 3, the Little Baker Oven will not raise a child's Cooking skill higher than three points, and those points will not be visible until the Sim starts skilling in Cooking as a teen or older.

In The Sims 3, base game, it can produce three unique recipes, a muffin, a pie and a cake. The muffin is the basic recipe, and children become able to make pie and cake as their skill increases.

Ambitions adds the ability to make blueberry and vanilla muffins, chocolate and sugar cookies, caramel and chocolate brownies, and cupcakes.)
    So basically the sims 3 base game can with a toy oven. Can make a few recipes, and up your child skills . Ambitions add more recipies, and a stand to sell your goods.
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Didn't the cupcake factory come with GTW?
    Nope it came from the base game . The huge cupcake factory , was a Sims 4 base game feature.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Switching aspirations

I was going to add to this list...but then I became confused about 'couldn't be added to other games'. I mean... everything, in theory, could be added to any game. So do you mean things that were NOT in the other sims games at launch?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    edited June 2016
    Emotions.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Build/buy on the fly, mid-gameplay, without gameplay interruption (unless you moved stuff out from under Sims). <-- love this feature so much
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sara74469 wrote: »
    Emotions.

Specifically: Sims doing all sorts of things differently depending on their emotion. (And the number of those things being expanded upon with add-ons, so that watching a Sim analyze crime-scene samples differs by mood, for example, making for more variety for me watching my Sim.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I've only used it after GTW came out, I know GTW added all the other bakery stuff so I guess that's why I thought it came with that :lol:
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    In 4 you can be a tech guru or an entertainer in the base game.