Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationship Bug, So Annoying, Please fix!

OK, I'm officially fed up now with the game. Every time I try to give it another chance, something annoying happens.
I cannot deal with losing relationships and friendships. It's too much work to make friends in the first place. I hate just mindlessly clicking the same things.. Friendly - Compliment outfit, ask about day, discuss neighborhood changes... ugh.. then a few Funny - Joke, gross joke, impression... Super repetitive and really boring.
I have a sim I created a few months ago, a very social, outgoing sim who I made sure to have go out and travel to meet as many sims possible. She had about 20 or so solid acquaintances. Today I fire up the game and she knows 2 people. Her roommate and older brother. She is the leader of a club with 5 members (all of which she had very good relationships with) and now has no relationship with any of them anymore. I've been playing this club a lot since GT came out. Super upset but I figured Ugh, whatever this game has done this to me before with losing relationships and I had to make them all up again. Annoying but I just let it go and reintroduce my sim to all her club members. I keep gathering and make friends with them all over a course of 4 sim days. Welp, I just wanted to scream because out of no where in the middle of a club gathering my sim just forgets her relationship with a club member. \
From a near full green bar to not even knowing him! WTH. Right in front of my eyes. They were dancing and talking one min and then poof! It gave me the option to introduce my sim to him. AHHHHH! How does this happen? Why and when are you goin to fix this EA, The Sims 4 developers? It's unacceptable. I cannot play The Sims 4 with this continually happening.
I noticed my sim do this weird jump thing with her arms on her sides and look dazed for a second before it happened.
Did she get amnesia? :(
#TS4Bugs
giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello.
    There are two mods that can help with the relationship culling.

MC Command Center contains many features/functions and the latest versions have included help for this issue
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

A single standalone mod that has been created to help this issue is " No more Relationship Culling"
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=568880
    With your issue with your sim forgetting the relationship in the middle of the gathering and resetting, has that happened very often? If it has, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Thanks for the info @rosemow
    No I have never had a sim forget his relationship right in the middle of a social gathering before. This was the first time that I've noticed. It just seems every time I start the game up the relationships are messed up. This time in particular happened right in front of me.
    giphy.gif

I am sorry that the issue with the sim forgetting the relationship in the middle of the gathering occurred in your game.

If you use mods, you may like to install one of the mods that I posted in the above post to help with the other relationship issues.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The only mod I use is the one that removes the mosaic, lol. Looking at these mods has me very confused and worried. The MC Command center looks so complicated. A mod controlling that many of aspects of the game might just be another headache later down the road when the next EP comes put and it's no longer compatible.
    I just want my sims to remember who they know. I don't want to have to go through game files, delete things and read pages upon pages of possible fixes. Thank you again for answering my post, you've been really helpful. I will most likely give in and try to understand the MCCommand center but I believe the game should be fixed and not rely on the modders to fix it for them.
    giphy.gif

The standalone "No more Relationship Culling" mod may be helpful for you.

This link thread below provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here
  • Pr1ncesscasPr1ncesscas Posts: 2 New Member
    i am having a similar issue after the latest patch. all of my sims now only know 2 people. i spent lots of time rebuilding relationships the last time i played, and all that is gone... very, very frustrating.
    i am having a similar issue after the latest patch. all of my sims now only know 2 people. i spent lots of time rebuilding relationships the last time i played, and all that is gone... very, very frustrating.

Hello.
    If you use mods, there are two mods that can help with the relationship culling. You just use one or the other, not both at the same time.

MC Command Center contains many features/functions and has help for this issue
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

A single standalone mod that has been created to help this issue is " No more Relationship Culling"

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I had just posted this to another thread, but I"m just going to copy it here, too:

For those who will use mods, weerbesu's UI Cheats mod offers (via Relationship Panel right clicking) the ability to set relationships to any number you like, probably between -100 and 100.

They can also be fixed with MC Command Center, but for quick & easy, and changing levels on ANY sim (no active/inactive restrictions, I checked, Alice could have changed her relationship level with Eric... it's all good!), UI Cheats is a great alternative.

One thing, if there should be a romance bar and isn't, MC will have to be used for that, unless you have them flirt or something in game to create the bar. UI Cheats can't create it, but it uses it if it's already there.

@SarahsShady MC isn't hard (once you get it set up, I'll give you that... we can help, though.) , it's just big. Deaderpool is very actively updating and adding to it. Proactive guy, too, when GT came out and I went by there to ask him about the relationship culling then, he was already working on modding it out.

Also, check your /Sims4 folder. Did you get a LastException file around the time you saw her lose her friendship, and reset? I'd love to see it, if you did.
    One more thing, if you prefer NOT to play with mods, UI Cheats is one you could put in long enough to fix your relationships, then take out again for play. MC you'd need to keep.

Just wanted to mention the difference, in case it may tip the non-modders into looking at a less-headache-inducing fix. :)
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    One more thing, if you prefer NOT to play with mods, UI Cheats is one you could put in long enough to fix your relationships, then take out again for play. MC you'd need to keep.

Just wanted to mention the difference, in case it may tip the non-modders into looking at a less-headache-inducing fix. :)

Thank you so much for posting that @egwarhammer . I prefer to not use mods but I am thrilled to have a mod I can use to fix relationships and then remove to continue playing.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Thank you so much for posting that @egwarhammer . I prefer to not use mods but I am thrilled to have a mod I can use to fix relationships and then remove to continue playing.

You're welcome! :) I've given up on trying to play this game without mods... but I know people exist who don't want to play with them as much as I don't want to play without them.

It did take me a few minutes to connect those dots, though... haha! (I mod, so, so does everybody else, of course. :p NOT!! But, y'know?)

I think I may have been thinking about Cinebar when I posted that "one-shot" message.

Let me know how it goes. :)
    I only don't use mods due to the fact that many of the challenges I do on another forum doesn't allow mods. So it is easier for me to not use mods at all than to be constantly swapping them in and out. :) I modded the he.ck out of TS3 and will do so again one day with TS4 when I have a break from challenges.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    I only don't use mods due to the fact that many of the challenges I do on another forum doesn't allow mods. So it is easier for me to not use mods at all than to be constantly swapping them in and out. :) I modded the he.ck out of TS3 and will do so again one day with TS4 when I have a break from challenges.

I hope that your simming challenges are going well :)
    rosemow wrote: »

Thank you! They are going not too badly at all. :)

rosemow wrote: »

Thank you! They are going not too badly at all. :)

You're welcome :) That is good,

Yeah... the thing about THAT is, trying to play this game (vanilla) is so MUCH of a challenge for me already, that I absolutely can't even IMAGINE adding actual challenge-type difficulties into the mix.

I would go nuts. Fast. As in, stark, raving.

Mad props to anybody who can have fun playing vanilla and/or doing challenges, you're made of sterner stuff than I am, for sure! :)
  • IndigoHazeIndigoHaze Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey,

I'm now having a similar issue with relationships! Throughout the last few weeks, I've been playing a new family. Today, I decided to go back to the first family I created in TS4 and have played continuously over the last year. Apparently, all relationships "reset"! The husband and wife are now "just good friends" and acquaintances - yet, still married. Furthermore, both parents had good friends relationships with all of their kids and now they are all at half or zero! I don't know if it was the recent patch or me downloading "Get Together" - but this has definitely never happened before - I've always returned to this family and everything was the same. This is incredibly frustrating.

I have no idea what to do :(
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    IndigoHaze wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm now having a similar issue with relationships! Throughout the last few weeks, I've been playing a new family. Today, I decided to go back to the first family I created in TS4 and have played continuously over the last year. Apparently, all relationships "reset"! The husband and wife are now "just good friends" and acquaintances - yet, still married. Furthermore, both parents had good friends relationships with all of their kids and now they are all at half or zero! I don't know if it was the recent patch or me downloading "Get Together" - but this has definitely never happened before - I've always returned to this family and everything was the same. This is incredibly frustrating.

To reestablish the relationships within the household, use cas.fulleditmode. To reestablish blood relationships outside the household, use MC Command Center or, if you don't mod, there are cheats available (you have to use them twice, one way then swap the names, to establish the relationship): http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Relationships There are relationship *level* cheats there too, but I find UI Cheats Extension easier to use.

@SimGuruNick might be interested in having a look at your saves.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    IndigoHaze wrote: »
    Hey,

Are you willing to use a mod to fix it? In this post I mention (and link to) UI Cheats and MC Command Center. Either can be used to fix broken relationships, they just do it differently.

If you'd prefer not to play with mods, I'd go with UI Cheats and install it long enough to fix relationships, then take it out again.

If you don't MIND playing with mods, MC Command Center has a LOT of nice features for Sims4. Including settings to disable decay (friendly and romantic), which SHOULD (barring EA fun & games) keep that drop from happening again.

The FIRST time we saw that relationship drop was with GT, good guess! :) It happened again, differently, with Dine Out... but with MC in, I didn't see that here.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    After installing the new pack yesterday all the sims I played suddenly didnt know anyone except their housemates, and barely at that. Marriages had to be repaired stat - gramma refused grampas hug!? I JUST FIXED YOU THE DAY BEFORE. This seems to happen with my game on each update/patch/GP/SP - it wipes out my sims relationships almost completely like some sort of hard reset, they act like they are fresh from CAS.

But what is worse than that, each time this happens it seems the decay rate is bumped up a notch more, I feel like my sims are sitting somewhere in the 90% decay rate right now - they all have to be played each time I play simply to "naturally" maintain their relationships and in far too many cases repair due to rampant cheating initiated by the game while I wasnt playing them. Its as if the game decides to randomly throw some love affairs in there all by itself - the sims werent seen, I have no idea how they introduced themselves to each other or when but now I have to fix it. Cupid really needs to take a break.

I am seriously getting tired of having to reintroduce my sims to their coworkers each time they go to work, repairing marriages each time I play the house, having to reintroduce club members to each other...come on man, its too much. I know there are mods for this, but this time around I expect more from EA, I shouldn't have to use a mod to play - unless they really did intend for The Sims to have dementia, in which case I may need to rethink this whole life simulator thing and go back to playing with SL and grinding WoW.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    There is something else you might try, if you really don't want to use mods, give your sims additional traits, after typing in testingcheats true, click on a sim and type traits.equip_trait Legendary this trait should make it so your sims "relationship never fades" you can also use it with traits.equip_trait Memorable so that sims relationships decay more slowly. The only drawback is that you have to give this to every sim that you are having relationship problems with.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

lilonesub wrote: »
    There is something else you might try, if you really don't want to use mods, give your sims additional traits, after typing in testingcheats true, click on a sim and type traits.equip_trait Legendary this trait should make it so your sims "relationship never fades" you can also use it with traits.equip_trait Memorable so that sims relationships decay more slowly. The only drawback is that you have to give this to every sim that you are having relationship problems with.

I though there was a some sort of bug where the game would only honor one sim per house with the trait?
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    lilonesub wrote: »

I though there was a some sort of bug where the game would only honor one sim per house with the trait?

Hmm... interesting, I think it worked fine in my game, I say "worked" because I don't need to use it anymore as I have the IU cheat and Mc Command Center in my game and like @egwarhammer wrote both are easy to use and make the game much more fun to play.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

eh I have decided to play with autonomy completely off for everyone for a while and see if that makes a difference. As I was sitting there idly watching Dr Pepper after fixing her relationship, all her needs are in the green and husband is sleeping in the next room, she queues up 5 different times to do a flirty introduction to randoms walking by on the street. I was trying to get her to drink some oj and water since she is sneezing, yet again - and of course being a foodie she doesnt like any drinks ever it seems. I gave them the beloved and memorable traits to see if they might remember each other a little better going forward, but I tell you, with the rampant flirting she is want to suddenly do, I fear she may have a list of unforgettable affairs now ramping up an already out of hand problem. We will see I guess.

Listen I am not against using mods, wright knows I used practically every one in the book back in the sims 2 days, but it was a cumbersome job keeping everything updated and with updates coming out so frequently right now, I just dont need the headache. Plus, I am advocating for EA to fix things that are breaking the game, instead of keeping quiet just using a mod. I would rather they fix the game breaking issues and not rely on their customer base to fix it or find workarounds to something that really shouldnt be happening.
    Origin ID NectereSim