Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I'll watch it later, in the middle of downloading the pack. I love his reviews. I'll let you know if I agree with his opinion or not.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I
    doedear wrote: »
    i like lgr but this whole ralph thing is annoying

It may seem annoying now, which is probably why LGR cut half his body off this time so he can get it over with quicker. But back when it was first started it was a protest to the annoying amount of pracitcally useless stuff packs, embarassing Gamescom performance, and Rachel Franklin's interview about the future of TS4 and how removing toddlers was the best decision to date?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!..........It was very dark time for the game.

Yeah, this pretty much.

When Ralph dies, will he e reincarnated?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

I agree. It was pretty tedious from the start and just a little sad now, for LGR. I mean it's just dragging out and out and out. Put a stake through the thing and call it good.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited June 2016
    I must have missed him cutting Ralph in half. Need to watch it again. #RalphMustDie #WaitingForRalphJr
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited June 2016
    Wait, he recommends it - but not for himself.

At 4:45 he recommends it for people who want stuff for kids.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I always enjoy his reviews.
  • Options
    plopppo wrote: »

Yeah he pretty much said he doesn't play with kids.
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    *yawn* He has the most uninteresting playstyle, yet some live for his reviews.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member

Maybe he has something to hide?

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yep. I didn't expect him to like it much because he doesn't really do the whole family thing. It's not useful to his style of play. But he did recommend it for that that want things for kids
  • Options

Maybe he has something to hide?

Feeling a bit dense because I didn't get your meaning. :#
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

It may seem annoying now, which is probably why LGR cut half his body off this time so he can get it over with quicker. But back when it was first started it was a protest to the annoying amount of pracitcally useless stuff packs, embarassing Gamescom performance, and Rachel Franklin's interview about the future of TS4 and how removing toddlers was the best decision to date?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!..........It was very dark time for the game.

This. He was very honest and open about all of this and openly spoke about his disappointment for the game. It was refreshing to see someone on YT being honest instead of fawning all over EA. I'll forever subscribe to him for that honesty.

What I love is that @SimGuruGraham has tweeted out in the past "#killralph" or something similar. lol
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Exactly @Katlyn2525 and I always appreciate his honesty. I always check out his reviews and then what Carl has written over on Carls Sims 4 Guides. Honesty over sugar coating fawning any day.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Exactly @Katlyn2525 and I always appreciate his honesty. I always check out his reviews and then what Carl has written over on Carls Sims 4 Guides. Honesty over sugar coating fawning any day.

Agree.
  • Options

How does one fawn over subjective content? His views hold no more validity than anyone else, including your own. Some may truly enjoy the content and some may not.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Some will review it in such a way, as if they are trying to sell it to you. I prefer reality.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited June 2016
    aclavo wrote: »

How does one fawn over subjective content? His views hold no more validity than anyone else, including your own. Some may truly enjoy the content and some may not.

That made as much sense as the Callan-Symanzik equation.

Anyways..
    **Thanks for posting OP**
  • Options
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Some will review it in such a way, as if they are trying to sell it to you. I prefer reality.

Perhaps, but you can't fault someone or say they are being dishonest because they like the content they are reviewing. Somehow LGR is considered more honest because his opinion on content may be closer to yours. Anyway, the YouTubers that I watch give balanced reviews, they state what they like, what they feel could have been done better, etc. I also find these people to be actual simmers and I can't say the same for LGR.
  • Options
    aclavo wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »

Perhaps, but you can't fault someone or say they are being dishonest because they like the content they are reviewing. Somehow LGR is considered more honest because his opinion on content may be closer to yours. Anyway, the YouTubers that I watch give balanced reviews, they state what they like, what they feel could have been done better, etc. I also find these people to be actual simmers and I can't say the same for LGR.

There are many great simming YouTubers who do give fantastic reviews, however we were discussing LGR specifically.

• Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    As usual I enjoy his reviews! I am a family player so I do like this pack which is exactly who Lgr said would enjoy it. :)