Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #41 - A TASTE FOR FINER THINGS

@masajo

The roofline and front garden of Beauvoir make it immediately appealing. One wants to linger outside and enjoy the beautiful gardens and fountain. The walkway between the garage and main house is charming. The stone and warm wood exterior promises something fine inside, and you do not disappoint.

The use of light walls and dark woods throughout give a relaxed harmony to the interior spaces. You have a wonderful sense of how to use clutter items. Each space seems cozy and lived in. You have achieved a nice balance between the formal and the country elements. The kitchen is well appointed and gourmet, but the dining room is my favorite. :) I love the coat and hat hanging on the wall. The study is appropriately masculine, and the white color scheme of the basement master bedroom and bathroom also seem to fit perfectly a single man with a white cat!

Suggestions: Superb job overall. Just a little landscaping in the rear would have been nice. It is also nice when the chimneys relate to something inside the house. I did not see any fireplaces. Also, bedrooms in the basement are an interesting choice. For Sims purposes, it’s not a problem, but where I live, it would be a code violation because there is no immediate outside egress.

@rcone

I love the inspiration for Le Chateau Rose. The architecture perfectly evokes the French countryside. The choice of exterior color and texture, the rooflines and the windows are spot on. The landscaping is nicely placed with a riot of colorful flowers. I can imagine Monet painting on the charming patio. :)

The interior layout is well thought out; it flows well. The eclectic furnishing seem very French too with a minimal color scheme of light colors on the ground floor. The kitchen is fit for a gourmet cook. I love the fireplace and your use of the old stove and refrigerator! Upstairs the black and white master bathroom is very masculine and just right for Mr. Corbett. The furnishing in the bedrooms are all well placed and convenient. The study with its wall of bookshelves is especially nice, although I might spend the day looking out the generous windows. ;)

Suggestions: Great job overall. I might have included more clutter items throughout. I think you were going for a fairly spare look, but a few area rugs here and there and towels in the second bathroom, for example, would have added a bit more punch. Also, when you use a spot color like the bedspread in the master bedroom, it would be nice to place an item of a similar color somewhere in the room to give it cohesion.

Both houses had so much to recommend them, and so I'm copping out and calling ☆ A TIE ☆

The Winners of this Challenge are ....

@masajo and @rcone
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Thank you very much @BuildnShare for your wonderful review and valuable feedback, very much appreciated. Good point about basement bedrooms as there's no second escape route and I'll remember to add a fireplace for the chimneys in future :)
    Many congrats @rcone your build is fantastic and I am so happy this is a 'tie' :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Thanks @BuildnShare for your feedback :# I really enjoy the challenge <3
  • rconercone Posts: 407 Member
    edited April 2016
    Thank YOu @BuildnShare Take a look at my typical building style in my showcase I am the clutter queen just the build it self took a large chunk of money so had to decorate on a 20,000 budget. But thank you I am currently working on a fully kitted out my style version of this where the garage will be converted to a gym and am debating second floor guest rooms that I stayed in. Thankfull it was based on a french I believe I would say farmhouse/Chataue That I stayedwith friends back in the day between Club Med Postings so its looks and colorig are based onthat house :D Furnishings were actually eclectic a mix of old and new and her study was upstairs with a desk facing the window though teh drive was far longer nd the garage was a three car garage, Was once stables/carriage house.
    I really enjoyed the challenge as this is actually I think my way cheapest house and it was freaking Challenge will look at the next one and my schedule to see if I can do the next one :D
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #42 - SPRING DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

@emere

Steampunk Balance is extraordinarily creative and inventive! I loved your explanation for choosing the Balance Antique Scale as your inspiration object. That the house itself looks like a balance scale is charming. You coordinated the exterior, landscaping and interior to fit your theme very well. Your use of clocks and other decorative items is marvelously whimsical. Everywhere there are wonders to look at, just as you might expect when visiting the home of a somewhat mad Victorian scientist! The basement with its ur-Scale makes one imagine the whole world is held in the balance in that hidden room. You also photographed the house very imaginatively, too, including the night shots. I especially liked the image of the stairs to the first floor roofs. You coordinated the colors of the house (orange/wood tones and green) really well throughout the inside and out. A great job overall!

Suggestions: There is really nothing I could offer to improve your house. I would definitely consider entering future contests at a higher level. :smiley:

The Winner of this Challenge is ....

@emere

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2016
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #42 - SPRING DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

@popettypop2012

Red Victorian Family Home well reflects the Caress Wheel Barrench, especially the front garden with its extravagant use of flowers, shrubs, trees and water features! The red and white exterior of the house is charming—you chose appropriate wall textures, windows and doors. The wrap-around porch and the upper level balcony is an attractive feature, and you created an appealing roofline.

The interior of the house is spacious and perfectly suited for a large (Victorian!) family. The wall papers and choices of furniture continue the Victorian theme beautifully throughout the house. The kitchen with its wood-burning stove and old fashioned “ice box” will be a favorite spot for the family to gather. The master bedroom is very elegant and comfortable. The dark wood used throughout the house adds to its warm, family feeling, and the principal color choices all coordinate well. A lovely house overall! :smiley:

Suggestions: Since there was more money in the budget, I might have continue the lavish garden entirely around the house. The sides look a little bare in comparison. Also, the under cabinet lighting in the kitchen—a wonderful feature— might have been raised up to right under the upper cabinets. Either that, or choose a more decorative kind of wall lighting if you want them to be a visible element in the design of the kitchen. And remember to put the walls up for all of your shots!

@popettypop2012
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thanks @BuildnShare :)<3
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #42 - SPRING DESIGNER SHOWDOWN

@StSciurus

Sciurian Craftsman is an absolute dream home, you have thought about and included just about everything anyone would need in this build. You have really perfected the craftsman style! The exterior finishes coordinate beautifully with the white finishes and fenestration which, along with the plants, really add brightness to the build. Excellent interior layout with all rooms easily accessible. I really love the way the dining room opens out onto the patio area. The 'Ordinary Things Shadowbox Display' is a great inspiration object which indeed conveys a sense of the handmade, useful and everyday. It is also perfectly placed in the front entrance. It's good to see you've continued the craftsman style indoors with the dark wood and white walls and the pops of red and green add just the right amount of colour. Very luxurious master bedroom with beautiful en-suite and I love the closet you've created here. I also think the family room in the basement is wonderful, it looks so comfy and relaxing and a fantastic idea to have stairs from here leading to outside.

Suggestions: The garage itself is wonderful and designed really well. However, I feel it looks a little awkward where the different foundations meet the side pillars. I would have disguised this with planting or potted plants perhaps.

Sim Challenge: Absolutely love your backstory for the Jansons family, you have certainly related this to your inspiration object. I love how the whole family is very creative with Edgars making toys and building furniture for his family, Vizma the accomplished artist, Kristers' love of the guitar and even Zita! Fabulous wardrobes for them all too.

@StSciurus

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....

@StSciurus

GArBA5W.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you so much, @BuildnShare , for the lovely comments! :smiley: I look forward to a future expansion pack that has real cars and garages!
    edited May 2016
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #43 - FAIRY RESCUE

@masajo

Everything about Periwinkle Park is well thought out and beautifully executed! :smiley: The mediæval theme works especially well to give the park a sense of fantasy, perfect for Sims and færies alike. The crenellated exterior fencing using different half-wall heights and painted with the Tudor wall texture is inspired. The entrance gates are handsomely created. And your use of terrain paint is absolutely lovely!

Your provided many points of interest within the park and and an abundance of things for visitors to do! Both the piano pavilion and the restroom facility have spectacular roofs well in keeping with your mediæval theme. (I <3 the curtained arched entrance to the WC building.) Even the pirate ship, though not strictly mediæval, furthers the sense of fantasy. The portable bar and barbecue area are nice features, as is the chess table and fountain. And of course, trees and flowers abound throughout the park making the færies very happy.

Suggestions: I am hard put to suggest any changes. I might have put a bed of lilies of the valley as the base for Hyacinth’s sunflower area to define it a little more, but that seems more a matter of personal taste. Great job overall! :smiley:

@masajo
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Thank you very much @BuildnShare for your wonderful review. Great idea about the lilies of the valley, I'll certainly be trying this out :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #43 - FAIRY RESCUE

@popettypop2012

Parkshore is a very beautiful park with a great layout that has been well thought out. It's good to see you've defined the different areas with the use of hedging and created pathways with terrain paint. The central fountain looks very grand and is a wonderful focal point to the park. I really like how you've created the WCs with the walls in front of the doors, looks very realistic. There is certainly plenty to do for everyone here! Beautiful landscaping, the colourful plants give the park a very attractive appearance and the lighting at night really gives a magical glow :)

Suggestions: The park itself is gorgeous and nothing really to criticise here. We do judge on the presentation and would suggest a few things. Firstly title your pics. Watch the budget, this should be the Gallery cost plus the lot cost. Finally take overhead shots of the whole site with the roofs up and down plus shots of each elevation of the build.

@emere

Little Fairy Park is a very beautiful creation which is full of magic and fantasy. The central tree house is placed perfectly for views of the whole park and the roofing here is outstanding. Great use of terrain paint to provide pathways which are edged and enhanced wonderfully with colourful plants and random fountains. I love the way each area leads to another, providing the urge to explore! The cabins are very whimsical and mysterious looking, each one uniquely painted with bright and cheery colours. You have done amazingly well to provide so much with the budget!

Suggestions: The only suggestion I would make would be to add some form of edging on the left side, perhaps another planted area here :)

@emere

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thanks @BuildnShare :# I was afraid the park was too much fantasy type :D Thanks for the suggestion <3
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #44 - One For The Bronies

@emere
    The use of the apple colour palette is inspired! Great job using those slightly off whites, green and reds on the exterior. The architecture looks great and I am loving those spandrels. You have done a great job with the landscaping, everything looks nice and natural, I like how you have used terrain paints to define the different areas. The little fenced off veggie garden is a lovely addition and I spied a bunny!! Your layout works well and your interior decor has been really well thought out. It really does feel like a cottage inside and out.

My only suggestions involve the roofing of this build. I think I would have bought the porch roof over slightly further so the apex of the roof at the front of the house was in the middle of that section, it looks a little off-centre at the moment. Also I would have been tempted to merge the two large roofs, so that the gully wasn't in the very centre of the home, you could have, for example, used one large roof from the back corner of the straight roofed section over to just behind the front corner of the hipped roof section, this would have bought it together well.

@popettypop2012
    This place is simply stunning! The architecture is gorgeous and I love the exterior look of the place, your rooflines have been well executed. Your landscaping is incredibly well thought out and you have made some really great use of the terrain painting tools. The fishing pond is a great addition. Your layout works well and your interior touches are lovely, harmonious palette and you and some really great object choices.

My only real suggestions are about your presentation, I would always recommend taking pictures with walls fully up, it never looks quite right when you have walls cut away and turn off those stereos, the music notes are incredibly distracting unless of course you want to make it obvious that music is playing.

The winner of this challenge is......

@popettypop2012
    GArBA5W.jpg

Congratz @popettypop2012 <3
    Thanks for the feedback @BuildnShare :#
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much for the feedback, @BuildnShare I will remember to turn the stereos off next time:)
    @emere Thank you for the congrats. I really love your farm as well. You always come up with amazing builds.
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #44 - This One's for the Bronies

@FaithofKaela

Fantastic layout and structure to Orchardleigh Farm, which oozes country charm and beauty. Wonderful choice of exterior textures and colours for the barn and farmhouse, which really contrast well and compliment each other. Great use and choice of terrain paint to create the drive to the buildings and the pathway leading to the apple trees and vegetable garden. I absolutely love this area, it’s so full of life with all the plants and trees and is like a little haven. Very impressed with the chicken coops! The abundance of wildflowers is very typical of a farm and the trees at the front of the house offer lots of privacy. The interior design is lovely and spacious with a great layout and the modern and rustic mix works wonderfully well together :)

Suggestions: Firstly, remember to title the pics in your slideshow. Regarding the interior, I feel there is a little too much wood used with the floors and the walls. I would have perhaps incorporated some stone/painted brickwork here and there and added more rugs/mats within the ground open plan area.

@StSciurus

Wonderful design and layout to Squirrel Run Farm, which is full of rustic charm. Excellent choice of fenestration and exterior trimmings which are a bold contrast to the stone walls. The decks at the front and rear offer relaxing places to unwind and your choice of planting here provides colour and lots of interest. Absolutely love the red barn with the fantastic roof structure and superbly designed interior. Awesome idea to have stables for horses, pet rabbits and chickens roosting here and you’ve even included an area for woodworking! Wonderful rustic interiors decorated in true country style downstairs. The upstairs rooms really are a treat with the vibrant colour schemes and a lovely pink room for Granny 

Suggestions: Where the driveway ends by the vegetable planters I would have curved this area to blend more with the pathway and perhaps finished it off with wildflowers or grass to soften the edges and provide a division of areas here.

Both of you @FaithofKaela and @StSciurus this was impossible to decide as you both have equally fantastic builds!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you, @BuildnShare , for the detailed critique. I love your suggestion for the driveway. And I agree that @FaithofKaela had a marvelous build too. I wouldn't have been able to choose between us either! :smiley:
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Many thanks for your wonderful feedback @BuildnShare Like @StSciurus I wouldn't have wanted to choose between them!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #45 - Pied à Terre

@Lebanna
    The apartment layout is well thought out. The open living/dining/kitchen area is easy to navigate and will work nicely when Ute Wagner entertains. The use of gray-green wall coverings and contrasting beige and brick is especially attractive and gives the apartment a modern, stylish look. The pops of color in the paintings and clutter items add liveliness to an otherwise appropriately restful color scheme. I like the contrasting balconies—the small one for Ute’s own private relaxation and creativity, and the large one perfect for entertaining. Both bedrooms and their adjoining bathrooms are beautifully decorated, and the walk-in closet is just what every fashionista would want! Great job! :smiley:

@popettypop2012
    Lovely layout for the apartment! Especially nice is the small balcony with hot tub for Ute’s private use, and it was a great idea to make the second bathroom easily available to anyone in the apartment for when she entertains. The dance floor on the large balcony will be a popular spot, too! Black and white, natural wood colors and the use of brick and stone wall coverings give an understated modern look, which you’ve softened by using plants around the apartment in just the right amount. You’ve chosen lovely paintings and wall decorations and placed them strategically—I especially like the enlarged architectural print in the kitchen. The large ceiling fixtures, perhaps hang down too far in the open living area and might impede navigation through the apartment, but in the top floor apartment (which has higher ceilings) they would probably be fine. Additional great features are the gym and sauna and the study/art studio! Wonderful job! :smiley:

@Lebanna
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @smashleec Your unofficial entry for #45 Pied à Terre is so colorful! The turquoise and lime green were a bold choice for decorating. The furnishings look appropriately modern, and from what I could see of the layout, it will work well for entertaining. Your Ute Wagner looks confident and is very attractive. :smiley: We hope you will enter another challenge!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Wooohooo! I won :D Thanks for the commentary. Great job as well @popettypop2012!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #46 - Tribute

@gmcrozier

Nona's Delectables is one of the finest bakeries I have ever seen! First class work with the architectural design and choice of exterior finishes, as well as fenestration. Great idea to convert an old warehouse into such a beautiful bakery. The industrial vibe fits this build well and the landscaping is spot on. I absolutely love the 'raised' flower beds on the front patio. This eating area looks very stylish and welcoming. Moving inside I really like the idea of the teaching areas upstairs and separate from the main bakery. Both classroom and teaching kitchen are very well designed. The ground floor layout is perfect, the main kitchen is nice and spacious and the 'cupcake contraption' will get plenty of use. Gorgeous cafe and bakery section, visitors will enjoy having the choice of sitting at tables or the using the more comfy chairs!

Suggestions: The only thing I would suggest is to use a different wall texture for the cafe and bakery section, just to smarten it up a little.

The winner of this challenge is ....

@gmcrozier

GArBA5W.jpg
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #46 - Tribute

@Don_Oello

You chose an excellent location for Panetteria di Nona and the overall design with its stone and half-timber façade fits in perfectly with the rest of Old Town Windenburg. The outdoor eating area is surrounded with lovely green hedges and trees. The views from the patio will be spectacular! :smiley: It was a particularly good idea to include fruit trees in the landscaping for the bakers to harvest.

The inside of the bakery is well appointed, and I especially like your choice of cabinetry, which gives the bakery an old world feeling. The teaching area is also well thought out with appropriate clutter items by each work station. I also like that you included a storage area! Wonderful job. :smiley:

Suggestions: The bottles with candles on each of the dining tables are charming, but the size looks out of proportion to the table. I wonder whether in game they might impede Sims from using the tables.

@PersRealmsShadow

You managed to include many great things on the small lot for Baked With Amore! The abundance of flowers in the front and the overgrown Romantic Garden fencing add charm to the simple brick exterior. I love that you included a special entrance for the baking students, although I can’t imagine that Nonna would ever have punished her students by making them stoke the old fashioned stoves with wood! :wink:

The inside of the bakery is inviting with its plentiful use of warm wood tones. The pop of blue on the curtains is a nice touch, and the clutter items give it a whimsical feeling, too. The outdoor seating area is a cozy retreat! Lovely overall. :smiley:

Suggestions: More pictures! We can’t get enough! I would have loved to see the basement, for example. And close-ups of interesting details help to give a Sims-eye view of your charming bakery. Also, the basement stairs need fencing. I would hate to see a baking student fall into the stairwell! :wink:

@popettypop2012

Yours is a lovely tribute to Nonna! The pink siding and pink and white awnings and umbrellas of Pasticceria Della Nonna are charming. Passersby will be enticed to stop and have a bite to eat; I can almost smell the baked goods! :smiley: Plants are used nicely throughout the property from the outside bricked-in plots of flowers, climbing vines, and lampposts with hanging baskets to the inside abundance of potted plants. Your choice of fenestration adds to the old world charm of the bakery.

The pink gingham wall covering on the inside ground floor works well and continues the pink and white theme from the outside. It also contrasts well with the brick used in the food preparation areas. The baking school part of the building on the upper level is well appointed. You’ve made excellent use of some of the new Dine Out materials! A great job overall. :smiley:

Suggestions: Be careful of tree leaves poking through the walls from the outside. Also, remember to turn off the grid when taking your pictures. Where you have both the gingham wall texture and the brick on the same wall, you might consider separating them with a column. Finally, you might consider adding a bit more interest to the exterior by breaking up the simple rectangular footprint of the building with some bays.

The winner of this challenge is ....

@Don_Oello
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    thank you, this is my 2nd win of a challenge B)
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top