Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening & Cell Phone Issues

Cell Phone: While on pause, the phone ringtone sound waves stay above sims head. Press play, the sound waves disappear. Only on one of my three sims. Only while on pause.

Gardening: My garden is horrid. Everything needs harvesting, tending, and fertilizing. I selected the "tend garden" option. The sim proceeded to weed and water that plant, walk over to another and water, then began harvesting. Everything else still needed tending. So, I selected the "weed" option on my plant. The sim walked out of my backyard, to the park next to my house and knelt down into the parks stand-up bbq grill and weeded the ground beneath the bbq. I had him walk back to my garden. Again, I selected the "weed" option on another plant. This time, he walked to my outdoor grill and weeded into the bbq grill. The weeds in the plant did disappear. I thought maybe it is just this sim? I woke my other sim from sleep and selected the "weed" option on another plant. The sim walked into the bathroom and bent down into the sink and weeded the sink. Again, the weeds on the selected plant disappeared. I turned the game off without saving. Hoping this will solve the issue.

Comments

• Options
    catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    Have you the plants into planter box? If yes, put them directly on the ground (if the plants are outside). If there are inside, try to put them outside but directly on the ground... then try again.

If the advice don't work, after moving all your plants outside and directly on the ground, save, exit and go to repair game via Origin...
    Then, start again and see what happens...

I hope you don't have any mods or CC that can ruins gardening action.

I don't have this issue in my game, but If I had I would do so ...
    Words are soul's image
  • Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    @bayam5 I've been experiencing these issues too. Especially the weeding bug. My sims have weeded their daughter's activity table, the bathroom sink, and the grill, but they've also weeded the carpet and the lawn outdoors. I can't get them to weed their actual garden anymore. :tired_face: it's very annoying. I hope someone has a solution...
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    Make sure that there is clear space around the plants. If they are beside fencing or a wall, move them away because that can cause this issue. If they are close to each other give them more space between. Try these things and see if that helps.

If the issue remains, you may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, and post your experiences there.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Re-OPENED-Sims-weed-objects/m-p/3582795#M3344
  • Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    bayam5 wrote: »
    Cell Phone: While on pause, the phone ringtone sound waves stay above sims head. Press play, the sound waves disappear. Only on one of my three sims. Only while on pause.

Gardening: My garden is horrid. Everything needs harvesting, tending, and fertilizing. I selected the "tend garden" option. The sim proceeded to weed and water that plant, walk over to another and water, then began harvesting. Everything else still needed tending. So, I selected the "weed" option on my plant. The sim walked out of my backyard, to the park next to my house and knelt down into the parks stand-up bbq grill and weeded the ground beneath the bbq. I had him walk back to my garden. Again, I selected the "weed" option on another plant. This time, he walked to my outdoor grill and weeded into the bbq grill. The weeds in the plant did disappear. I thought maybe it is just this sim? I woke my other sim from sleep and selected the "weed" option on another plant. The sim walked into the bathroom and bent down into the sink and weeded the sink. Again, the weeds on the selected plant disappeared. I turned the game off without saving. Hoping this will solve the issue.

Occasionally my sim does this as well while gardening. I have no clue what causes it but if I exit the game then load it up again the problem always fixes itself.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    bayam5 wrote: »

Occasionally my sim does this as well while gardening. I have no clue what causes it but if I exit the game then load it up again the problem always fixes itself.

Hello
    It is good that reloading the game helps to fix the issue for you in your game. Sometimes coming out of the game completely then going back in again can help issues.