Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

P.R.I.D.E.

Comments

• GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Good luck on your P.R.I.D.E.

Was just reading through the thread and looking at everyones pictures. It has come a long way. Judging by some of the comments ... there is still a long way to go.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    knazzer wrote: »
    Partying during the night...

06-25-16_4-08-07nbspPM.png~original

Ooo I love this but where are they?!? lol...oh is that Old Town?

I made a movie set town piece a while back and dressed it up :)

It is awesome. The whole place looks fabulously built
    And the old lady in red looks grumpy and ready to fight lol
    Well done
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    @Terra Yes I have MC Command and this is the first thing I do when I load a family is to remove those love interests.

I don't know why they assign love interests. It does not make sense at all. The game does not even have story progression. So instead of assigning love interests between the unplayable sims they are assigning it to the playable sims!! I wonder whose decision this was? and how such a miserable feature even was passed to be included in the game?

Either the love interest thing should be between unplayable sim and another unplayable sim or completely removed from the game. Why would I need my playable sims to have these love interests? I am not dead, I am playing them and I have my stories for them.

As for the new pregnancies added, I think it is a wonderful addition and I am very glad they did that and what made me happy is that the setting is not a general one but per game. I am glad it is not something like "allow pregnancy for males" option to be enabled but it is specific to each individual sim. These kind of specific settings make me very happy. Right now I think of the sims to be living in an advance world where male pregnancy is possible.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Terra Yes I have MC Command and this is the first thing I do when I load a family is to remove those love interests.

I don't know why they assign love interests. It does not make sense at all. The game does not even have story progression. So instead of assigning love interests between the unplayable sims they are assigning it to the playable sims!! I wonder whose decision this was? and how such a miserable feature even was passed to be included in the game?

Either the love interest thing should be between unplayable sim and another unplayable sim or completely removed from the game. Why would I need my playable sims to have these love interests? I am not dead, I am playing them and I have my stories for them.

As for the new pregnancies added, I think it is a wonderful addition and I am very glad they did that and what made me happy is that the setting is not a general one but per game. I am glad it is not something like "allow pregnancy for males" option to be enabled but it is specific to each individual sim. These kind of specific settings make me very happy. Right now I think of the sims to be living in an advance world where male pregnancy is possible.

I'm also very glad that they made male pregnancy possible but it's a player's choice whether to activate it with their Sims (also for females to be able to impregnate others). Opens a lot of possibilities -- thinking of a matriarchal family where it's the men who get pregnant and give birth, and the women who do the impregnating. That could be interesting.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    lilonesub wrote: »
    Well the sims4 might be a game but this is not normal for male sims to be wearing female sims clothing male sims should be wearing male clothes and female sims female clothes and thats all that i am going to say

WOW... just Wow, you know what, my youngest son is gay and we go to Stockholm Pride (yea, next month) every year to walk in the Parade together. He is in his 3rd year studying to be a doctor, we dress up every year and last year I decided to buy him a halloween type of "sexy" nurses uniform and you know what? He loved it and wore it with pride and I was/am so proud of him because he is a wonderful kid and doesn't need people like you with your opinions about how men and women should dress, as clothes are just clothes, it doesn't matter how you wear them....

Several years ago, I was waiting for Lane Bryant (plus-sized clothing store) to open early in the morning; I was planning to try on clothes to see if I'd gone down a size (my weight has GPS -- I lose it but it keeps finding me again :# ) and preferred to do it before the store got really busy. The only other person waiting was an older man, I'd say about 60 or so. I figured he was shopping for a wife or maybe daughter...but when I was in the fitting room I heard him in the room next to mine and he was actually trying on bras. And the sales clerk was helping him just like any other customer, bringing him different sizes and styles till he found the ones he wanted. Was really impressed with her professionalism.

Got in a bit of a Twitter tiff last night with a baseball fan who did the "I'm not a gay hater but..." then proceeded to complain about gay and lesbian couples on the Kisscam and such. (It was Pride Night at the San Francisco Giants game so there were a lot of LGBT folks.) Tried to point out that those couples may feel the same about straight couples and Kisscam, and that one of the rights that LGBTs are fighting for is the right to have those public displays of affection without getting beaten up (physically or in social media). I guess if you have to qualify your statement that you're not a gay hater/racist/sexist etc. with a "but", you might want to recheck your biases. :|

Yeah I agree. The "I'm not racist/homophobic/sexist/transphobic but.." disclaimer is the same thing as saying "I didn't kill that person but I stabbed them many times". There are no "buts" when it comes to prejudice, you're either prejudiced or you're not.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    belpita wrote: »
    It's funny how in the beginning I didn't really like the idea of pregnant male Sims, but then one of my favourite Sims Hobbart (from the post above) got abducted and had the most darling daughter, and soon after his husband also got abducted and...the rest is history. ;)

I really like the new option in CAS to decide who can get pregnant, so my latest couple Blair and Lilly had two children together.
    Makes you wish it were that simple in real life.
    27624202782_81b47b3dc0_b.jpg

Agreed. If only it was that easy! :)
    The Woods Family pictures are pretty old (mod/pre-patch). I'm not a big cc/mod user. So, I'm surprised and thrilled that EA/Maxis decided to add this feature to the game.

Plus, I love that after the patch my teenage tomboy girl can actually look more like the type of sim I imagined cc free.
  • DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    My Sims would be proud parents if only we had toddlers.

Awesome siggy! Poor Sim for sim. She's so sad. :'(

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Just don't quote them and hopefully a moderator will delete all the offensive, vulgar posts without having to close the thread.
  • lalalalanalalalalalanala Posts: 102 Member
    Everyone's sims look great guys!

Just report and ignore the troll. No need to engage with them
  • dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    I think it is past y'alls bed time. I don't know if there are any Puerto Ricans/Caribbean people on here but when I was growing up these two would come on TV around 10PM and that was our queue to go to bed.

pv5IHpk.jpg
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
    Sent a "Clean up on aisle Troll" Tweet to @SimGuruDrake and looks like she took time from her weekend to give us a hand -- muchly appreciated!
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @SimGuruDrake I adore that series, haven't read it for ages...but I must dig it out again. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    Sent a "Clean up on aisle Troll" Tweet to @SimGuruDrake and looks like she took time from her weekend to give us a hand -- muchly appreciated!

Thank you for alerting me :) I'm going to head back to the couch to continue reading my book (if any of you are book worms its A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin)

I'll chat with all of you tomorrow and hope everyone had a wonderful PRIDE weekend <3

Need to add that series to my "must re-read" list -- been several years. B) Thanks again, sweetie!
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Wow, I leave the room for a few minutes and all mayhem breaks loose! :D

But on a serious note, I do hope everyone had a wonderful weekend despite trolls apparently trying to ruin it. #LoveWins

24129230244_a2fa7d9c74_b.jpg
  • SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey all!

Some of your posts might have been removed but it was only because of the quoted posts that had previously been removed. Have a wonderful PRIDE Weekend <3
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

Thank you for alerting me :) I'm going to head back to the couch to continue reading my book (if any of you are book worms its A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin)

I'll chat with all of you tomorrow and hope everyone had a wonderful PRIDE weekend <3

That is a wonderful series. I've enjoyed everything of hers that I have read. The last one I read was The Left Hand of Darkness, a book about a world with no gender. It is actually really hard to grasp the concept, and while reading I realized I had automatically categorized everyone as 'male'. I kept having to put the book down to think for a while. Worth the read. :)
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @SimStaffBethelle @SimGuruDrake Thanks for cleaning this up! :heart:
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited June 2016
    I love that my baby cousin can have a picture of herself with a rainbow umbrella on Facebook and show her pride! I want that for everyone, all around the world <3 I have not made any Sims myself, but I've plopped the Maxis made household into my game. I want Dana Adler to be 'leader of the free world', so we need a politician career!
    Post edited by Krisha880 on
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    @Krisha880 I also placed that Maxis household in my game. I placed a cool, urban bistro in old town Windenburg at the same time, and when my sims visit it all the staff are from that household :smiley: Maybe I should change the name to Pride Café or something.
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    While not my cup of tea, love knows no barriers so hope you all had a great weekend! :smiley:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thanks, @SimStaffBethelle and @SimGuruDrake ! Pride Week is just beginning where I am :) And Drake, check out 2312 if you haven't already!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    I have LBGT couples in my world that u put down in houses, but haven't played them yet. I'll take some pics later and try to post them when I get on my laptop tonight. My cousin just married his longtime boyfriend of 8 years last spring! It was a beautiful ceremony in the park. And my own son loves to wear his sister's clothes and his sister Ioves to wear her brothers' clothes! Nothing at all wrong with it!!! What irritates me is when my son wanted his hair long (he recently wanted it cut to look like daddy) people would tell us we needed to cut his hair because they thought he was a girl. Nice thing to say in front of a then 6 year old! We've always been fine without however our kids want to wear their hair or what clothes they wear. It's their bodies after all. And as long as the person they love treats them right, I will open my arms and love their significant other too! I love that this forum and the gurus are so supportive of the LBGT community.
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited June 2016
    UJ3zf3fh.png

LGxOXYP.png

Love how they look at the other person when they aren't looking :). So cute.

Cuties :)

hTz2buih.png

These two are brother and sister, but both are gay/lesbian.

DrKW5N4h.png

And the male orange hair sim and orange haired girl are also siblings ^_^.
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202