Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is EA getting cheap,lazy or what ?.

Comments

• MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    The only reasons I can see them not including bunk beds in this pack is
    1. A bunk bed doesn't add much gameplay since it's just another type of bed.
    2. They already are working on a pack that will include them so they see no reason to have another pack feature them.

a bunk bed might not add much game play but its saves space in a cramped house

When you mentioned space saving Apartments from TS2 immediately came to mind.
    See this bed. AWESOMENESS!!

No sims game needs apartments desperately more than TS4!

670?cb=20111226090031

Wasn't there something similar in the sims 3 univeristy?
    Loved those, except the possibly crushed to death part...
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Marley V wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    2. They already are working on a pack that will include them so they see no reason to have another pack feature them.

a bunk bed might not add much game play but its saves space in a cramped house

When you mentioned space saving Apartments from TS2 immediately came to mind.
    See this bed. AWESOMENESS!!

No sims game needs apartments desperately more than TS4!

670?cb=20111226090031

Wasn't there something similar in the sims 3 univeristy?
    Loved those, except the possibly crushed to death part...

You mean the Murphy beds
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I am hoping we get the Murphy beds and the bunk beds back as well. It brings back memories. I stayed at a train motel once just because I like trains. They used converted cars. A lot of things come out of the wall there.
  • BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    "It took how long for the kid's stuff and they think a puppet theater, pokeman video game and a monster under the bed is a big deal.What about bunk beds,swing set,tree fort even a trampoline.
    After 16 years this what has become of the Sims."

1. I'd say bunk beds, swing sets, tree forts, and trampolines would fit into the Backyard or Generations set.
    2. Sadly yes...Sims 4 became this.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    While I would like to see bunk beds and playground items added to TS4, I also doubt those will be added via SP. In my opinion, due to the amount of new animations needed those types of objects will be included in a Generations EP/GP (if we get one of course).
  • kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member
    I have to agree with @Jase
    If they added bunk beds to a sp then that is one object that requires new animations out of the way - same with any of the backyard toys. They all require new animations. They'd very much be better off in some kind of generations ep- or school related ep. We only have 2 objects per sp really that add new animations like that. They put a lot of thought into the puppet set and the gaming station, so I'm glad we got those as our objects rather than a bunkbed and a swingset. (I'd still like those things, but I'd like them in a gp or ep)
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Pretty sure most homes don't have swing sets, tree forts, and trampolines in their kids' rooms. ;)

I'll have you know when i was a kid I had a swimming pool and tree in my room... i also live outside but that is not the point :( hah

OP give it time.. yes swings should be in the bg and with Sims 4 I wonder If we'll ever get it but the other stuff are more for an EP. The SP objects are amazing for the price.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Swings and trampolines are too much animation for a stuff pack and they already said as much.

The voidcritters is actually an incredibly creative, fun, and relatable thing they have ever made.

The puppet theater just looks creepy and boring.

I think the monsters is a cool concept but with no benefit to befriending them, I will have to say they are another half baked feature from a lazy development team.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    It took how long for the kid's stuff and they think a puppet theater, pokeman video game and a monster under the bed is a big deal.What about bunk beds,swing set,tree fort even a trampoline.
    After 16 years this what has become of the Sims.

Give the swing set and trampoline time we might see them in backyard stuff in July.
    beville wrote: »
    If they put bunk beds, swings,treehouse,etc..in this pack, then there wouldn't be anything to put in generations! ;)

Yes there would but I don't take more pool items as well.
    edited June 2016
    Le0Heart wrote: »
    They shouldn't even make a backyard pack they should just include those things in a seasons or generations pack

I disagree.

If we could get swings,porch swings,waterslides,trampolines
    or more pool items in a backyard sp
    I'm all for it.

Phone is glitching out with paragraphs.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Swings and trampolines are too much animation for a stuff pack and they already said as much.

The voidcritters is actually an incredibly creative, fun, and relatable thing they have ever made.

The puppet theater just looks creepy and boring.

I think the monsters is a cool concept but with no benefit to befriending them, I will have to say they are another half baked feature from a lazy development team.

Well, that feature isn't a part of the SP, it's patched into the BG, so I really don't see much of a problem with it.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with the new pack. They are not being lazy. It just doesn't appeal to you. It is not a Kids Outdoor SP so it doesn't have those type of objects that you are suggesting or the required animations to make them work. It also doesn't have bunk beds or the animations that they require.. Give them time. This is the first SP designed around kids. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but the bricks were being laid every hour.

And that's exactly where TS4 falls short. People have this vision of TS4 being like Rome years down the road, but they forget that the reason why Rome existed was because of all those bricks that were laid down for the foundation. Rome, or TS4 fully loaded with expansions, game packs, stuff packs galore is just the result of all those bricks. Each brick that is laid brings us closer to finished Rome. Unfortunately, EA is not laying down enough bricks to create Rome some day if one of their bricks, a kids stuff pack, doesn't include, well, kids stuff.

As far as this being the first kids stuff pack, there is no indication that more stuff packs themed around kids will be made, so it would be in EA's best interest to get it right the first time around.

I think The void critter thing is really cute! I love the idea that the kids collect and trade them too. I see nothing lazy about this pack whatsoever. They may add Bunkbeds in a bedroom pack.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited June 2016
    It took how long for the kid's stuff and they think a puppet theater, pokeman video game and a monster under the bed is a big deal.What about bunk beds,swing set,tree fort even a trampoline.
    After 16 years this what has become of the Sims.

It takes time to create content, plus by the looks of it, this Stuff Pack might be the biggest one we've gotten so far. Just because you don't think it's a big deal doesn't mean this content didn't make a bunch of other players happy.
    Yup, after 16 years The Sims is still the Sims which tries to cater to it's millions of fans.
    I honestly don't see how this signifies laziness or being cheap at all, unless you work behind the scenes for the game, you're only making assumptions without a basis.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Le0Heart wrote: »
    They shouldn't even make a backyard pack they should just include those things in a seasons or generations pack

I disagree.

If we could get swings,porch swings,waterslides,trampolines
    or more pool items in a backyard sp
    I'm all for it.

Phone is glitching out with paragraphs.
    Given SPs seem to be limited to 2 new gameplay objects (basically 2 items that require animations) it'd probably be pretty limited
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Not sure why people are surprised that bunk beds aren't included, They require more animation / are more expensive to make than most gameplay objects, and yet they're hardly a selling point on their own. A lot of people probably wouldn't even consider bunk beds as a gameplay object.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2016
    This Stuff pack is like art, it is whatever it is to the eye of the beholder. Imho, it is easier for EA/Maxis to put out those SPs than EPs/GPs and we will be at SP number 7 with this pack. I am liking this SP for a couple of things if not everything, EA/Maxis may taking it's time on the EPs/GPs due to the constraints of the game engine.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    I like this pack and think @SimGuruGraham and the others whom worked on this pack did a super job on it!!! After all it is a bedroom pack for the kids, not outdoors. Although I will not be purchasing any further packs at the moment due to my own personal issues with the route the Sims has chosen to take. However you could see swings and stuff in the backyard pack. As far as bunk beds, I'm not so sure why they do not exist in the game but I'm sure if they can do it they would, I mean after all they did say lounge chair animations would be complicated so maybe bunk bed animations are too...............
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2016
    I like this pack and think @SimGuruGraham and the others whom worked on this pack did a super job on it!!! After all it is a bedroom pack for the kids, not outdoors. Although I will not be purchasing any further packs at the moment due to my own personal issues with the route the Sims has chosen to take. However you could see swings and stuff in the backyard pack. As far as bunk beds, I'm not so sure why they do not exist in the game but I'm sure if they can do it they would, I mean after all they did say lounge chair animations would be complicated so maybe bunk bed animations are too...............

nvm. It's not my place to speak for others.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    If kids can climb up on monkey bars, I'm sure the animations are the same as climbing up on bunk beds! Bunk Beds should've been in this SP!
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

and if they put it in a stuffpack, you'd end up with people whining that they were forced to buy a stuffpack, just to get bunkbeds. I figure that something that major would go in an expansion pack that more people are likely to buy.
  • CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    don't like it, don't buy it. It's just a stuff pack.
  • blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    People complain. It cannot be helped; everyone has differing views and that's completely their right to have those opinions. The only reason I worry is that so much negativity might be disheartening to the dev team who clearly put a lot of effort into their work -- and it is tough to satisfy what you must remember is literally millions of customers and some extremely passionate fans at the same time. So while this whole thread is obviously valid, I'm glad there are also threads praising the creativity in the upcoming stuff pack!
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    ps, the benefit of befriending the monster is that the kid no longer wakes up in panic and wakes up an adult, among other social interactions you can ask it to leave
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top