Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monster wakes everyone up in the end kind of?

Have played two sim nights since my game updated with the Monster Under the Bed and what I have happen is the kid goes and wakes Dad up, then Mom, then their teen sister, then their teen brother, and if it's in the boys room, the other boy gets woken out of bed too when the monster appears. So pretty much my entire household gets woken up...and none of the adults do anything except the last teen woken up and they go spray under the bed Anyone else have it happen this way? Was reading some threads but have only seen people mentioning one parent being woken up...

Comments

• Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    I've noticed this too. The little girl of the family, Mia, runs to wake up her teen sister first, and then her dad, then mom. The whole family is awakened for no reason. Waking one parent would be sufficient as only one adult is needed to spray under the bed. I'm considering getting the anti-monster nightlight even though I do love watching Mia try to make friends with the the creature :)
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    edited June 2016
    I think that's the idea, lol.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    One of my boys gets his father, the other gets their teen brother.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yeah, I think that's the point. Especially when the one child starts screaming. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    My child doesn't run to the parent at all..she panics but doesn't go anywhere cox the parent's door is locked
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    My child doesn't run to the parent at all..she panics but doesn't go anywhere cox the parent's door is locked
    Yes, this is what happens in my orphanage. The caretakers door is locked. But I have 4 kids and a teen sleeping in one of the rooms and when a monster appears ALL the kids instantly wake. I guess they all have the same bad dream about the monster all at the same time...
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited June 2016
    My daddy sim decided to take the situation by the hand (guess he has lost enough sleep) he went into his sons room and started spraying, both sons are asleep, no monster, but he is spraying anyway and when he finished he said, "Robisherbit austiphobia"
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    My daddy sim decided to take the situation by the hand (guess he has lost enough sleep) he went into his sons room and started spraying, both sons are asleep, no monster, but he is spraying anyway and when he finished he said, "Robisherbit austiphobia"

Hahaha sorry but I just had to laugh at that last part. XD So random. Haha!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited June 2016

That's the right way to deal with a child's fears, simply lock the doors so they can't tell anyone ;) (moderator, and mothers to be, this was a JOKE)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member

OMG...that cracked me up! I love it when random stuff happens and you have no idea it is coming. I wonder what that Sim daddy was really saying? LOL Probably a good thing his young boys were asleep!

• Options
    CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member

"Austiphobia" Is the monster under the bed Steve Austin or the city of Austin?
  • Options
    lisastar08lisastar08 Posts: 121 Member
    Glad it's not just me....it's pretty frustrating having the whole household woken up for the monster since in the game just need one adult or teen to go help the child.

Lol random stuff is awesome!
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Mine only woke up her dad. She has a high relationship with him and her older siblings all lock their door so she can't get to them.
  • Options
    Crazy_PenguinCrazy_Penguin Posts: 1 New Member

I have 3 kids, 2 teens and 2 adults in the house, if one kid is woken up by the monster, she/he goes and wakes up both teens, then all the other kids who then start running around the house screaming and trying to wake up the teens and adults, and then both adults. Both teens will then have a meltdown and start running around the house with the kids. It was amusing the first 2 times, is driving me mad now though :s .
  • Options
    quwfacequwface Posts: 52 Member
    I had a plague of monsters in my Legacy family after the patch dropped. By the end of it, whenever the kids woke the parents up they just wandered around the house and left them to their screaming.

It was probably a bug, but the serene smiles and bright cherry red plumbobs gave me the perfect impression of exasperated parents. :dizzy:

They'd always go to their mum for help and she'd totally ignore them, so they'd end up following their dad around for hours until he sprayed the bed.
    The Foster Legacy: A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    My kids keep waking up adults if the first doesn't respond quickly enough. It's sort of cute and realistic that everyone gets up in the end. The "off-duty" parent usually gets back to sleep quickly enough. And I wouldn't even mind it so much if I wasn't getting monsters every single night! 0_0 (Without pre-spraying and the light, I mean.) They could totally reduce the frequency to 1/10 nights, I think.

Also, how long is the spray supposed to last? I had my sim spray both kid's beds around 9pm, and the monster still came around 5am that night.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    It's clear that 'the monster' will wake us all up in the end! :D
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I had a pair of twins (CAS made) who had the monster two nights in a row, except the first night was under the girl's and the next was under the boys, and they both ran to get both parents at separate times.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    rshell193rshell193 Posts: 284 Member
    @Croxycook maybe "austi-" means ghost in simlish! XD ghost phobia? Ehh? Hahaha
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    My Spencer Kim family have had the monster every night even with the lamp. Olivia gets her nan up first then her grandpa then her parents, they all ignore her. so I tell dad to go spray which he does. but by this time everyone is up and no one gets anymore sleep. They think Ha I'm up I'll go get a snack or left overs from the fridge. Fortunately they all have great beds. Olivia finally gets back to bed about 6am for a few hours sleep before school.
    In a previous save game, the child got the teens up, now I had a child girl and teen girl in one room, and the equivalent in another. Girl gets a monster under her bed, she goes to wake her brother. then a parent. parent comes and sprays the wrong bed. No these monsters come to my sim homes far too often.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Yes, I agree. It's far too much. Like: If we don't make that monster appear so often, players will complain that it doesn't appear? Like we had in the start with alien abduction. It would be nice if we could have both events happening every now and then but not so often and/or be able to turn it on or off.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Another reason to bring back sliders, so we can choose how often these things happen and if they happen. as for male abductions I haven't had one in a very very long time.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I think we are having an "extra" dose of monsters just right now because it's new, then it will be nerfed and rare. Just my guess but haven't we seen more of things when they come out.

Just my guess :smile:
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    IRL I defitnely did the same thing. I made it known throughout the house that there was a monster in my closet. I needed backup :D
    1FKDfKj.png