Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

need more garbage, and trash

2...Next

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    No roaches please.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2016
    Oh for heaven sake if she wants bugs back let her want bugs back.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I miss the chaos of having a messy sim home. In my TS3 game, I have a full house and the place is almost always wrecked. Plates everywhere, piles of clothes on the floor, upchuck from the cat, puddles in the bathroom, etc. It adds to the realism, which is fun for me. TS4 is too neat and perfect.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I liked it when the sims had to make their own bed, clothes in the hamper and had to use the washing machine. training your puppy to go outside. You do not need a maid anymore. but then again it is nice they make their bed, it does save time to do other things besides cleaning the house. Either way it is fun.
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    Can you imagine squeamish sims encountering roaches in their kitchen :D
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    it would be cute
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    This game needs a lot of stuff. It's too happy and too shiny bright. It lacks consequences.

Recently one of my Sims got sick....it was the one where they get stripes. It was bedtime and she was tired so I sent her to bed. The next morning she was fine. What's the point? I didn't need to get her medicine, see a doctor, give her juice or anything else. It just went away on it's own. There was no reason to care what would have happened if I didn't take care of her.

I want flies and roaches back and the possibility my Sim will die if not cared for. I want hurricanes, earthquakes, meteors and dangerous Supernaturals.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I want this back, along with poor looking furniture, tapestries and CAS items.
    yes because life is not all shiny and perfect, and without consequences... we need that to round off the sims 4.. my sims did not go to work for 3 days and it was just fine all that happened was she lost a little job performance
  • CourtandStefCourtandStef Posts: 158 Member
    Oh, God, no roaches, please! Disgusting things. But I would like my sims to have laundry again. Most of them seemed to like doing laundry. I always put in at least one neat sim in a household so that they won't live in a pigsty.
    Oh, God, no roaches, please! Disgusting things. But I would like my sims to have laundry again. Most of them seemed to like doing laundry. I always put in at least one neat sim in a household so that they won't live in a pigsty.

But you see it was all player triggered in TS2.

If you kept your house clean no flies or roaches.

Trash had to be on the floor for a while to trigger either and you had ample time to clean it up.

If you triggered enough flies there was death by flies. (not the best quality video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZpQ82qiJwc

If you got roaches you could get sick and eventually die but you had plenty of chances to take care of things.

What the current game is doing is catering to the players who don't want unpleasant things while ignoring the players who want circumstances they have to deal with to keep Sims safe and happy.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2016
    This game needs a lot of stuff. It's too happy and too shiny bright. It lacks consequences.

Recently one of my Sims got sick....it was the one where they get stripes. It was bedtime and she was tired so I sent her to bed. The next morning she was fine. What's the point? I didn't need to get her medicine, see a doctor, give her juice or anything else. It just went away on it's own. There was no reason to care what would have happened if I didn't take care of her.

I want flies and roaches back and the possibility my Sim will die if not cared for. I want hurricanes, earthquakes, meteors and dangerous Supernaturals.

Please build that game. :D ETA: I'm very disappointed WC didn't have funeral parades with hired mourners because it is supposed to be like New Orleans.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Please build that game. :D ETA: I'm very disappointed WC didn't have funeral parades with hired mourners because it is supposed to be like New Orleans.

You seriously think they would add that? Of course I think it would be great but you're talking about a game where the players don't even want their Sims to die.
    Cinebar wrote: »

You seriously think they would add that? Of course I think it would be great but you're talking about a game where the players don't even want their Sims to die.

Yeah, and roaches are unsanitary in a game. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited June 2016
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I don't want them darn roaches back. I hated them things in Sims 1. For no dang reason, my sim would have roaches. And then spend all their dang time stomping them.

I could get behind a little bit dirtier surroundings. Like the floors getting dirty (kind of like how they look once a fire has happened), and needing to clean them. Or clothes piles around the house. Beds left unmade (I mean come on... not every sim would make their bed as soon as they happily jump out to start their day).

I would like to parents to be able to tell children to clean up, and they take out the trash, clean the floors, do dishes. It would really fit with some of my sims. I know I could just have my sim do that, but it would be more fun to have the parent tell the child to do it.

I really don't think it would help my children and parents bond, exactly. It would just be more fun for me, as a player. I don't really feel my sims aren't close, because if I want the child/parent to have a bond, I play them that way. If I want there to be distance... I play that way.

It doesn't happen for no reason.

It happens when there is trash on the floor. If you leave it there for too long even if you clean it up later roaches will spawn in it's place. You just need to keep your house clean.

It's better than having to make sims wipe the floor constantly like you are requesting since they only appear in certain occasions.

Did I say constantly wiping the floors? No. I said it would be neat to have the ability. Did I once say anything about a time or amount? No, I did not. You jumped at "Constantly". So please don't put words in my mouth.

And my sims didn't have trash on the floor in Sims 1. Heck, I didn't even know that was a possibility. I'm a neat freak on my sims games. Always have been. They keep their houses very clean. I very rarely have a maid. Cleanup after dinner, take out trash once something is thrown away. And them roaches were always around, regardless how strict I kept up the cleaning.

You had a bug, because if you keep the dishes clean, you didn't get flies or vermin. In TS2 neighbors knocking over trashcans and players not seeing the trash out there did cause bugs which travel all over the lots just like in TS1 so yes, outdoor trash and or a dirty plate somewhere caused bugs. And if you were really dirty you get visit from the skunk.

Pets in TS1 caused vermin when they used the bathroom on the sidewalk and the yard. If a player didn't get that up, too, they got roaches coming across the lot into their houses.
  • Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    i agree with @fullspiral. If the option to scold for messy room was added I rather it be something we control telling our parent sims to do, and not them do it automatically on the own. I don't scold my own kids for messy rooms. They are free to have their rooms however they like, unless it's food left in there then I get them to clean that out. I'm more of a laid back parent and even rarely punish my kids. I don't dictate at all. We use open and honest communication and respect. And I would rather play that way with my sims.

Nicwebb82 wrote: »
    i agree with @fullspiral. If the option to scold for messy room was added I rather it be something we control telling our parent sims to do, and not them do it automatically on the own. I don't scold my own kids for messy rooms. They are free to have their rooms however they like, unless it's food left in there then I get them to clean that out. I'm more of a laid back parent and even rarely punish my kids. I don't dictate at all. We use open and honest communication and respect. And I would rather play that way with my sims.

This is a game that used to be built on consequences. I'm hoping one day if a Sim's house is so messy they actually disappear in it, never to be seen again. And I never minded my Sims autonomously lecturing their kids for pooping in the diaper, or making a mess, or bad grades, or bad behavior and or sneaking out. Because responsibility builds character and perseverance. And I wanted my Sims to experience some of real life not just happyville.
  • Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    Why would anyone ever lecture a child for popping in a diaper? That's just ridiculous. I didn't mind my sim parents lecturing the teens for being brought home by the cops in Sims 3. But other things I just find very trivial to scold over.
    Nicwebb82 wrote: »

kids need parents to guide them in the right direction kids need to be taught how the real world will treat them not their mother..
  • daluved1daluved1 Posts: 26 Member
    I agree with almost everything in this thread. Sims have zero consequences for anything. Leave dishes lying about? All you get is a green cloud. I miss back in TS1 and TS2 where you'd get roaches and flies in your home, I can't quite remember what happened in TS3. I also miss the laundry system in TS4, that was one of my favorite "realism" aspects about the game. I hope they add that back soon.

I do like that they did away with the repo man and instead started shutting off utilities for nonpayment on bills. That's pretty cool actually.

The thing that is really missing is parent-children interactions. Parents can't make child sims do anything in that game. There needs to be scolding options, go clean up options, and go do your homework options. There's not even a consequence if a kid skips school! The parent's don't even notice, all they want to do is hug each other lol
    daluved1 wrote: »
    I agree with almost everything in this thread. Sims have zero consequences for anything. Leave dishes lying about? All you get is a green cloud. I miss back in TS1 and TS2 where you'd get roaches and flies in your home, I can't quite remember what happened in TS3. I also miss the laundry system in TS4, that was one of my favorite "realism" aspects about the game. I hope they add that back soon.

I do like that they did away with the repo man and instead started shutting off utilities for nonpayment on bills. That's pretty cool actually.

The thing that is really missing is parent-children interactions. Parents can't make child sims do anything in that game. There needs to be scolding options, go clean up options, and go do your homework options. There's not even a consequence if a kid skips school! The parent's don't even notice, all they want to do is hug each other lol

I like that they went to the utility bills but it still doesn't seem to really matter to the Sims. On the other side I still miss the repo man, the bugler, the fireman, the NPC police, the baby sitter and I do wish they would bring back the therapist and other NPCs from TS2.