Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 worlds are much better than in Sims 4

Comments

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    @catitude5 I know, but I don't play with mods :smile:

I never found the venues empty or with only a couple other sims, I think it depends on your computer specs.

• HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @catitude5 I know, but I don't play with mods :smile:
    <snip>

Druk2_zpsbrzyfg3m.jpg

This is one of the things that bugs me in TS3. The Sim is eating onion rings--with a fork. LOL

I never had any problems with Sims not showing up at community lots. I think it's like someone said earlier, it has a lot to do with a person's computer. The game on lower-end computers ends up scaling down to fewer showing up. My computer isn't all that but it IS far above what I've seen a lot of people play TS3 on so that may be partially why.

@LenaDieters11 I know playing with mods is a very personal decision but if they make my game better I'm going to use them. If one will fix something wrong with the game, especially at this point where it's no longer being supported, there is no reason not to. I figure the devs couldn't be bothered (or couldn't find) a lot of the problems in the game yet the modders did so I'm VERY happy to take full advantage of their generosity. :mrgreen:

I dunno, I have a core i5 processor, 16GB of RAM and a GTX970 graphic card... and not many sims show up in my community lots.

It also lags a little, but not very much. It loads very fast though, under 2 min, or maybe even under 1 min.

Wonder what curse is it that I have... I kinda suffer from the ghost town problem. :(
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @Hermai What type of venues do you have in your town that you would like to see populated? How many sims do you have in your town? Do the traits of the sims in your town mesh with what you would expect to see at a particular venue? Are your sims working or at school at the times you are looking for sims on your lots? There is quite a bit which comes into play when it comes to how many sims you might find at any particular lot. Some traits will lead sims to a specific venue and others might tend to keep them away.
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    But who knows, I used to be a sceptic concerning mods and cc skins and here I am, slowly warming up to those as well, so maybe I'll try a custom world in the future.

If you chose a world by some of the better more responsible creators they will list if they have used any cc or mods while building their worlds. I would use any of Rflongs worlds. She is awesome! She has a large selection to chose from and as far as I know does not use cc. Her worlds are beautiful, player friendly and she has many different themes. Her worlds are the most popular (most downloaded worlds) and she is usually hanging around the TS2 and TS3 forums should you have any questions. I have seen her on some TS4 ones too.

I never used CC or mods for TS3. I am a computer knob and it was just too hard to figure out for me. TS2 it was super easy so I went nuts.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    But who knows, I used to be a sceptic concerning mods and cc skins and here I am, slowly warming up to those as well, so maybe I'll try a custom world in the future.

If you chose a world by some of the better more responsible creators they will list if they have used any cc or mods while building their worlds. I would use any of Rflongs worlds. She is awesome! She has a large selection to chose from and as far as I know does not use cc. Her worlds are beautiful, player friendly and she has many different themes. Her worlds are the most popular (most downloaded worlds) and she is usually hanging around the TS2 and TS3 forums should you have any questions. I have seen her on some TS4 ones too.

I never used CC or mods for TS3. I am a computer knob and it was just too hard to figure out for me. TS2 it was super easy so I went nuts.
    Thanks :smiley: Yes, a Rflong world would indeed be at the top of my list because I read nothing but good things about them.
    Once someone had explained to me step by step how to install a Mods folder the rest was easy really, and we have igazor in the Sims 3 section to always patiently answer questions (in my case often starting with "but what if", "does this mean that" and "aaaarch" :p ). The day Bridgeport refused to save and I really wanted to play my sims' life in Bridgeport was the day I surrendered ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I loved all the worlds of TS3 except Isla Paradiso because it never worked on any of the computers I had it one. It was so laggy it was unplayable. But I enjoy all of my other worlds! TS3 is awesome!!!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The worlds in both games have their own personal charm in my eyes, but I just love the detailed beauty and vastness of TS3 worlds. Sure, some worlds had iffy routing, but there are downloaded worlds that have better routing.

Love those worlds. :smile:

Unfortunately, I don't have the computer power to deal with such worlds (I'm guessing), because I got the sparse community lot syndrome most of the time.

So, as gorgeous as those worlds are, I am going to stick with the older sims games (TS1 and TS2), and TS4, because I like having more populated lots. :smile: (I also feel more relaxed, and have more fun with ts4 nowadays.)

TS3 worlds still rock, of course. :wink:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    I am enjoying Sims 4 a lot more than I thought I would, and there are a lot of things I like better about it then Sims 3. However, the one thing I don't like, is that the worlds are too small, there aren't enough lots, and especially big lots. I have more fun when my Sims have a greater variety of venues to visit, and when I build houses I prefer to build big mansions. I hope there will be more worlds in the future, and that they will have more lots. Especially as more expansions come out - new venues are being released and I'm concerned if the worlds don't start getting bigger I won't be able to enjoy most of them.
  • GentleSimmer1990GentleSimmer1990 Posts: 125 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi everbody!

The maps were great in Sims 3, especially when you looked at landscape screenshots taken of a snowy town .

However, I personally prefer handcrafted worlds we have in Sims 4 as they manage to create a more detailed environment and preserve the illusion of being 'alive' and vibrant due to the usage of graphical effects such as the tram, the train, ship etc. and great aesthetics. I don't even mind that it's just an illusion. The scenery is gorgeous and It's great fun to play in such an environment.
    Post edited by GentleSimmer1990 on
  • omi_alomi_al Posts: 6 New Member
    Sims 4 neighborhood is feels like a real estate plan
    With a very strict HMO!

People here who thinks sims 4 worlds are better should check the custom worlds people made for Sims 3! I was simply awed and amazed at the amount of creativity people have poured into their custom worlds. You cant recreate that in sims 4. The game just breaks immersion with all the constant loads. gone are the days where you can drive to beach and jog to the mountain and go to the cafe on the way home. Sims 4 custom worlds have removed the world building aspect of the sims series. Heck, even the world view of sims 4 is weird and doesn't look too pleasing because it veils the whole neighborhood view and doesnt give you the whole picture thus amplifying the goldfish-in-a-fishbowl feeling.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    While this thread has been bumped I will leave this here:

13417671_1763928513889833_3299489190284658177_n.jpg?oh=fc80f7cdafd7772c088fa452f86bba5f&oe=5805008C
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    The only time I had lag in the sims 3 . Were only two worlds I had dificulity playing Ilsa para diso, and the show time world . Reason because the obkjects they had in the worlds, not the world it self.
    @Horrorgirl6 I actually never had any problems with the IP world, no idea why everyone else did though?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    @HorrorGirl6 Actually, yes, it can be caused by the world, or more aptly bad world building. @king_of_simcity7 the lag in IP is well documented with an entire thread devoted to it started by Ciane who fixed and shared a save with the lag-producing elements fixed.

There are multiple causes for lag, one being on lots and another on the world level. On lots problems come in when a Sim tries to route to an object and can't. World lag is caused similarly but is due mostly to badly done non-routing paint. When a world is created there's a sort of paint that has to be "brushed" over areas the creator doesn't want Sims to be able to route to. One of these paints is to stop the camera from traveling over an area (it also prevents Sims from going there) and another is to stop Sims from traveling to an area. Mostly these paints, especially the camera paint, are used around the outside of the map. The no-routing paint is also used within playable areas of a map in places where it wouldn't be realistic for Sims to go, like up the side of a cliff. If this isn't done carefully holes are left in it (believe me, it is easy to leave holes). Sims will sometimes try to route to those holes or end up teleported into them without a way out and it causes the game to stall (or lag).
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    @BSIRegina Thanks for the insight :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • iwsimsntiwsimsnt Posts: 7 New Member
    The Sims 3 is the best sims game that ever made
  • The size of the worlds don't matter if the game is unplayable. Sims 3 takes ages to load even on high end computers. Factor in the extra time when you have lots of mods installed and it just isn't worth playing.
  • auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    I agree sims 3 worlds are so much better. They're huge compared to sims 4 and you can explore so much just by walking to your house, I miss being able to find areas that I've never seen before in the neighbourhood. In sims 4, I know every inch of the world cause it's just so small, there's no exploration.

I used to check up on other sims to see what they're doing while my household was either sleeping or at work and I remember seeing things that really amused me. Being able to see that the world around you is alive and active even when your sims aren't adds so much to the game.
    My only complaint is there weren't many sims showing up in community lots but there were also mods and cheats for that so it's okay I guess.

The best thing about sims 3 worlds is, even if you don't like any of them you can just go download another one or customize it until you like it. You can even make your own one. With sims 4 that's impossible, you're stuck with those small worlds until devs decide to make another one.
    The size of the worlds don't matter if the game is unplayable. Sims 3 takes ages to load even on high end computers. Factor in the extra time when you have lots of mods installed and it just isn't worth playing.

Under two minutes from launch to saved game.
    The size of the worlds don't matter if the game is unplayable. Sims 3 takes ages to load even on high end computers. Factor in the extra time when you have lots of mods installed and it just isn't worth playing.

It varies for me depending on world size but I am pleasantly surprised I don't have to wait too long for my game to load. Save times can be a bit long at times though. Sometimes I get a nice shorter save and other times I am convinced that it would never save lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I don't think I've ever timed how long it takes for Sims 3 to load for me. All I know is that it takes about two, maybe three of those "find these items" picture puzzles, definitely not "ages" and my game certainly isn't "unplayable." I have a bunch of mods too. It's absolutely worth playing to me.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited September 2016
    Sims 3 was fun and all when it came to the living story progression worlds but it has problems. Sims 4 doesn't have those but the neighborhoods are small and lifeless.
    Post edited by aws200 on
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1

It varies for me depending on world size but I am pleasantly surprised I don't have to wait too long for my game to load. Save times can be a bit long at times though. Sometimes I get a nice shorter save and other times I am convinced that it would never save lol

I've had that too, even on my PC, it's like it sticks and just when I think it might have crashed, it's finished and then alright from there. It's like something got stuck for a moment, maybe a problem with a spawner or something, who knows.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited September 2016
    My gaming rig took 10~ minutes to load, but I had tons of CC and a heavily moded game installed (+all eps and sps).

Anyway: I see that's not a question aboout world design but if you need an open world structure to enjoy a game or not.
    I love the worlds in TS4 (it shows that they are handcrafted --> many details) and I think they provide an overall better experience for my own immersion purposes. In TS3 they were adequate for an open world game: very empty but at least diversified (we had many to choose from with different sceneries).
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top